The online racing simulator
Dont worry about it
thx for the explaination m1n3rman.

hes using his own scripts i guess ( see few posts above (the post with pics))
Ehm... If you're running a server, everybody knows your IP address, everybody has to know your IP address in order to be able to connect. All attempts to conceal your IP will either be useless or render your server inaccessible. VPN is also not an option. If you hid your server behind a VPN, the attacked would DoS the VPN endpoint rather than your machine, but that doesn't make it any better. Big services use Anycast to protect themselves from DoS attacks where one IP represents multiple machines which can be even geologically separated. Packets are then routed to the least loaded and closest machine. Of course this is not something you could use for a LFS server.

IMHO the best you can do is run a well configured firewall on the device that connects you to the Internet and have it log attack attempts. Your advantage is that you're dealing with bored kids here, you can show the logs to the attacker's ISP and demand them to take action. A lot of people will very likely pack it up when their ISP threatens them to block their connection altogether...
Saw this dude on my servers today, and i explained to him that his actions ain't acceptable, so he got permanently ban as a preventive measure.
Quote from NovaK :Saw this dude on my servers today, and i explained to him that his actions ain't acceptable, so he got permanently ban as a preventive measure.

How exactly will that help you from getting attacked? It would take a scriptkiddy a few seconds to trace your IP and attack you, no matter whether you banned him from your server.

dun be goofd
It's very easy to do attack like this. LFS server can not handle some amount of packets when you simulate real LFS clients or you can just use normal (D)DoS to an IP to shutdown it. Remember: DoS and DDoS are different type of attacks. DoS is easier to block and not so painful.
Quote from MadCatX :Ehm... If you're running a server, everybody knows your IP address, everybody has to know your IP address in order to be able to connect. All attempts to conceal your IP will either be useless or render your server inaccessible. VPN is also not an option. If you hid your server behind a VPN, the attacked would DoS the VPN endpoint rather than your machine, but that doesn't make it any better. Big services use Anycast to protect themselves from DoS attacks where one IP represents multiple machines which can be even geologically separated. Packets are then routed to the least loaded and closest machine. Of course this is not something you could use for a LFS server.

IMHO the best you can do is run a well configured firewall on the device that connects you to the Internet and have it log attack attempts. Your advantage is that you're dealing with bored kids here, you can show the logs to the attacker's ISP and demand them to take action. A lot of people will very likely pack it up when their ISP threatens them to block their connection altogether...

I was talking about his own network as his server is being hosted by 500servers. All the attacker has to do is log into the server and find the right ip via cmd
Quote from m1n3rman :I was talking about his own network as his server is being hosted by 500servers.

It is? Info he provided in the thread suggests otherwise. If an attacker could tell what the admin's IP is even if the server was hosted elsewhere, it would mean there is a major security issue on the part of the hosting or LFS. What would be the point of crashing admin's private network while the server would be still running anyway?
Quote from MadCatX :It is? Info he provided in the thread suggests otherwise. If an attacker could tell what the admin's IP is even if the server was hosted elsewhere, it would mean there is a major security issue on the part of the hosting or LFS. What would be the point of crashing admin's private network while the server would be still running anyway?

Now that i read the thread again i realise someone else said 500servers *facepalm sorry!
Cosmin banned from Cargame
Oh? Funny to read that here :lol:

Good work n... Eehhh... Yeah.
Quote from Bass-Driver :he actually showed my ipadress

he did a DDOS attack. my whole network was completly shut down.
had to reset everything ( router /modem ) and it took me atleast 30 min to get everything back online.

Clearly you have zero understanding of what a DDos attack is.
So let me explain to the best of my knowledge

A ddos is a distributed denial of service attack, where as a Dos attack is just a denial of service attack
Easier to do a Dos attack than a Ddos
Easier to block a Dos (single attacker) attack than a Ddos (multiple attackers)

Whats happening during a ddos is he is sending packets of data to your modem requesting for a reply (so really a ping) so much of these ping requests are sent through in such a small space that no legitimate data can pass through as you modem is too busy processing all these ping requests.

Now there's only two ways really to get out of a ddos 1 they stop the attack or 2 you renew your ip if you have a dynamic ip. There's another option and that's ringing your isp and getting them to block said ip and they will most likely be reported well depends on where you live here in australia it's highly illegal to ddos .

Most good modems now can somewhat prevent a dos attack not so much a Ddos.

So (D)dos attack blocks external data coming in/out, doesn't harm the internel network (LAN)
Quote from brat81 :Clearly you have zero understanding of what a DDos attack is.
So let me explain to the best of my knowledge

A ddos is a distributed denial of service attack, where as a Dos attack is just a denial of service attack
Easier to do a Dos attack than a Ddos
Easier to block a Dos (single attacker) attack than a Ddos (multiple attackers)

Whats happening during a ddos is he is sending packets of data to your modem requesting for a reply (so really a ping) so much of these ping requests are sent through in such a small space that no legitimate data can pass through as you modem is too busy processing all these ping requests.

Now there's only two ways really to get out of a ddos 1 they stop the attack or 2 you renew your ip if you have a dynamic ip. There's another option and that's ringing your isp and getting them to block said ip and they will most likely be reported well depends on where you live here in australia it's highly illegal to ddos .

Most good modems now can somewhat prevent a dos attack not so much a Ddos.

OK i ment Dos attack, and about the 30 min. that was the time during reset my modem/router and connection to ISP.

and if u have read the whole thread u saw that my security options turned off(standart) to protect the network against (d)dos attacks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG