The online racing simulator
Facebook.con
(54 posts, started )
Facebook.con
A quick heads up to anyone daft enough to sync devices to their facebook email account.
You may know that darling facebook has changed your contact email address to a facebook email, they've now decided to screw with your contacts etc and create whatever.
They also seem to struggle with actually delivering mail, with a large number of reports of mail vanishing ( like their share value )

A quick fix is DON"T SYNC TO FACEBOOK.CON.

Also, simply changing your contact email address back DOESN'T seem to work.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023 ... ed-e-mail-lost/?tag=mncol

#2 - Mysho
it's easier for everyone who spectates you when you have your own fb email. that's why fb is "so retarded"... everything is being monitored. but I don't care since I am only a poor student who have nothing to show to fb, fbi, cia, or whoever is having profit from fb.
what´s facebook.con?
I registered in facebook just couple of months ago,never used it before. When I started to use it,facebook asked me for e-mail password,skype password etc.,my reaction - screw you,I don't give you my passwords! I don't understand,why someone actually gives them?
#5 - Mysho
Quote from Eclipsed :I registered in facebook just couple of months ago,never used it before. When I started to use it,facebook asked me for e-mail password,skype password etc.,my reaction - screw you,I don't give you my passwords! I don't understand,why someone actually gives them?

at my time back in 2008 it was only your account name, email and your password. never allowed any applications and never allowed skype voice chat and stuff like that. so there is no need for me to put any other passwords out. I guess it's different now when you register...
it isn't, I made an account last December. You still only need an email address, everything else is optional. And if you use a facebook blocker app they won't know what sites you surf on either.

btw I still have no timeline, dunno why
#8 - majod
Quote from Eclipsed :I registered in facebook just couple of months ago,never used it before. When I started to use it,facebook asked me for e-mail password,skype password etc.,my reaction - screw you,I don't give you my passwords! I don't understand,why someone actually gives them?

facebook probably asked for your passwords to sync/suggest contacts for you from your IM profiles, that's all...
I know some people absolutely hate facebook and the "invasion of privacy" and all that. And I get it, at least, I understand their position.

But for me it is an invaluable tool, which has helped me keep in touch with people I would otherwise have lost contact with - and for that Facebook is brilliant.

And sure there are better social networks with better privacy controls and less corporate interests at heart, but a social network without anyone on it isn't really a network is it - and if those other networks did grow ... they'd just become Facebook.

However I think they did cross a line when they did the email thing, because syncronising contacts to mobile would indeed have wiped out my primary store of other email addresses, and that is outright wrong. It's like they tried to hijack the worlds email, and so I have disabled this feature.

Email is broken enough as it is, without Facebook asking me to get 8 million dollars out of Nigeria 5 times a day.
The impression I get from almost all of these ****-ups by FB is more 'badly thought-out' rather than 'deliberately evil'.
Quote from Becky Rose :I know some people absolutely hate facebook and the "invasion of privacy" and all that. And I get it, at least, I understand their position.

It also breeds stupidity.
And don't get me started on the creator.
Quote from Becky Rose :I know some people absolutely hate facebook and the "invasion of privacy" and all that. And I get it, at least, I understand their position.

But for me it is an invaluable tool, which has helped me keep in touch with people I would otherwise have lost contact with - and for that Facebook is brilliant.

And sure there are better social networks with better privacy controls and less corporate interests at heart, but a social network without anyone on it isn't really a network is it - and if those other networks did grow ... they'd just become Facebook.

However I think they did cross a line when they did the email thing, because syncronising contacts to mobile would indeed have wiped out my primary store of other email addresses, and that is outright wrong. It's like they tried to hijack the worlds email, and so I have disabled this feature.

Email is broken enough as it is, without Facebook asking me to get 8 million dollars out of Nigeria 5 times a day.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My wife has a facebook account. So do a lot of people I know. I don't. The way I see it, I spent 20 years trying to lose people I don't really like. I really don't want to trash all hard work with a stupid facebook page.
Do you have a farm too? I don't see what people see in that but to each their own I guess.
Or is the Onion on the right tack?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/tech ... d=5&objectid=10456534
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclu ... r-facebook-081055316.html
http://www.therealnewsonline.c ... to-the-cia-and-darpa.html

Just think about it ?

If any of you are old enough to remember East Germany, the model for the US and Britain.
http://www.spiegel.de/internat ... est-germany-a-799335.html

Why pay informants when people will do it themselves for free ?

Oh, and to answer the 'conspiracy theory' rubbish my answer is:
a: Echelon*
b: Under an Executive Order (July 6, 2012) entitled Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions, Obama has enabled the executive branch to control communications “under all circumstances to ensure national security, effectively manage emergencies, and improve national resilience.”
c: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tech ... sa-pinwale-email-snooping
d: http://www.infowars.com/utilit ... orado-california-arizona/

* Your DHS monitored phrase of the day.
Quote from Racer X NZ :

You know, some of the stuff you post makes a bit of sense once in a while, but this is ridiculous. People who actually could be worried about getting into NSA/CIA crosshairs wouldn't post shit on Facebook and use encrypted communication channels (no, even NSA can't break those), so what would be the point of such a data mining? They don't even have the manpower to sort through an evaluate tens gigabytes of emails, FB statuses and text messages that circle the Internet every day.
funny thread...i actually just got "involved" into fb like 2 weeks ago.
the info that they get from me?
well, the stuff that everyone knows...who cares?
its not like im a criminal who is hiding from authorities or something...
and even if i were such a person, it would be no use for the cia or so, since the info id give would be by no means correct...
all that hype about facebook i dont get it...all i do is to write a few rods with friends and play a game here and there...big deal
Clearly you guys are missing the point of a police state.

Also, not being in the US, based on where you two are, your use to the concept of total state control.

If you want to control the population then you want to know what their doing and who they talk to.

And people don't post stuff on Facebook ?

Point 1: the EU has already had a go at the US over Echelon regarding stealing business communication.

Point 2: this is about controlling the population when the economy collapses, not happening ? Does the word Libor mean anything ?

Point 3: when you have a 'war on terror' then everyone is a potential terrorist, the population must accept that these terrorists are after our freedom ( quote G Bush ) therefore we must sexually molest you if you fly, have checkpoints to check your papers, and you need to give up some freedoms to stay safe.

When you remember that most 'terrorist' attacks are carried out by the state for whatever twisted reason then a good question to ask is: Why ?

Why is there a 'war on terror' ?

Who benefits, who makes money, who gets control etc.

My suggestion, watch the Olympics but don't be there.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Clearly you guys are missing the point of a police state.

Also, not being in the US, based on where you two are, your use to the concept of total state control.

If you want to control the population then you want to know what their doing and who they talk to.

And people don't post stuff on Facebook ?

Point 1: the EU has already had a go at the US over Echelon regarding stealing business communication.

Point 2: this is about controlling the population when the economy collapses, not happening ? Does the word Libor mean anything ?

Point 3: when you have a 'war on terror' then everyone is a potential terrorist, the population must accept that these terrorists are after our freedom ( quote G Bush ) therefore we must sexually molest you if you fly, have checkpoints to check your papers, and you need to give up some freedoms to stay safe.

When you remember that most 'terrorist' attacks are carried out by the state for whatever twisted reason then a good question to ask is: Why ?

Why is there a 'war on terror' ?

Who benefits, who makes money, who gets control etc.

My suggestion, watch the Olympics but don't be there.

I didn't click your links, but what the hell does the 'war on terror' have to do with FB screwing up peoples' address books?
@Racer X NZ
Wow... 95 % of your last post was pretty much unrelated to FB, what point did you try to make? Nobody forces people to post stuff on FB (or anywhere else for that matter). The idea of a Secret-Government-Organization giving people a system where they can post all the details about their personal lives is pretty laughable. First, you assume that people are going to deliberately rat themselves out and second, if a person posts something on the Interwebs for all the world to read it, why is it wrong that the cops read it as well? And the last but not least, if you're so concerned that someone reads your private info, then make sure that the info is ehm... private and don't publish it online - problem solved.
Quote from Racer X NZ :

Solution: Use facebook but just make stuff up. You can even concoct alibis for the times you're actually getting into mischief.

Now you're not working for Facebook... but Facebook is working for you.

Facebook.con
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG