The online racing simulator
Cant play lfs!!! help!!
(10 posts, started )
Cant play lfs!!! help!!
hi,
i installed a soundcard, and had to restart my pc, i did, but didnt got anything on my screen
so i used the onboard video card, and now when i run lfs it says this:
probably an error with video or so.
but when my pc is in windows, it wants to install agp drivers?? for the brown slot in ur pc...
i cant repair my pc to a certent point because then it says no changes where made
and now i cant play lfs!!!!
i dont want to reinstall my windows because from all the updates ill be on smallband!

help!
So you've got an onboard soundcard, another soundcard, onboard graphics card, and another graphics card?

Seriously consider disabling the onboard stuff in the BIOS if you're not going to use them. Infact I'd bet that if you did disable them, everything else would start working properly. Or at least give you a good starting point.
sounds like you may need to install some drivers for your AGP card too.
thanks for the info, ill try it right now
EDIT: didnt work ill try once more to repair my pc to a certent point... hope it will work...
i can't reinstall xp, cuz i dont have any unlocks left for lfs...
and from all the windows updates we will be on smallband like i mentioned before
is there anything else i can do??

i can't play lfs *cry*

#6 - ORION
You could for example start with posting the deb.log here, or take a look at the device manager and check for yellow alert signs.
Additionally, it might bea good idea to run some other programs in oder to check what isworking and what isnt.
see below for deb.log, couldnt upload it?
the only device in device manager with a yellow thing is AGP controller.
all the progs are working and i dont play any other games...
except for counter strike wich is working.

deb.log=
LFS : 0.5U14
timer resolution 1 ms
read config
get command line
preinit d3d
number of adapters : 1
adapter 0 : no valid modes

ty
yay i fixed it!!!!!!!!!!

i opend my pc, and the vid card was loose
it wasnt connected good? stupid me