New monitor, a few questions
(33 posts, started )
What Shotglass is trying to say is that there's no measurable lag caused by the CRT screen itself and that's consistent with John Carmack's findings.
Makes sense, large panels (like TV's) are doing a huge amount of image enhancement, 3d screens will be doing a load more, guess monitors are doing the same whereas CRT's just get analogue signals to the alignment plates.
sigh unfortunately willful stupidity is entirely untreatable
That's interesting, though I don't trust that much the Korean things that don't have any warranty (up 10 dead pixels and dust trapped inside the screen don't obly them to send you a new monitor). Still, I'll read a bit more about them.

Why are all the new monitors a mirror without anti-glare coating? I have a window just by my side. With my old monitor it wasn't a problem, while with the TV I'm using while choosing the new monitor I see it on the screen all the time.
Are IPS panels more sensitive to AG coating than NT panels? I read a lot of hating agains Dell's AG coating on IPS monitors
Dell u2312hm vs u2412m

176€ vs 254€
23" 16:9 vs 24" 16:10 (1080 vs 1200)

I dreamed about a 24 inch monitor, but 78€ more expensive seems to be too much for those small differences. I read that the 2412 panel is a bit better in black depth and those things. Is there any reason for this huge difference?

I was expecting something around a 20€ more, but not 78...

Should I just get the 2312 or am I missing something really cool on the 2412?
On a paper 120 pixel difference sounds small, but in practice it makes a big difference. You might regret it.
I've ordered the 2312, I really do want those extra pixels, but it was too much difference

New monitor, a few questions
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG