The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :You are contradicting yourself so much.
Even though dirt racing is still very pure here, there are also quite a bit of limitations and the car comes into play just as much if not more than other forms of racing. So don't get your hopes up quite yet. You just seem to be wanting some fantasy series, and comparing it to F1 (or anything for that matter) is just unfair.

I enjoy oversteer. It doesn't feel like a contradition in my mind

It probably is unfair of me to compair all forms of racing to some perfect series that I conjure in my head, because I always do it and I almost always complain.

I should just watch and quit thinking about how to make racing better. I think about how to make it better more than I ever enjoy it oddly and sadly as much as I like it..
Make all the arguments against DRS that you want; Alonso didn't win so I'm happy. That's really what's important here; Alonso not winning.
Quote from Intrepid :Each car has different set ups so it's hard to get the DRS working fairly. Some drivers hit the limiter while others don't. But then it's all about how the teams deal with it.

It is the problem of the teams to sort their own cars tbh. If some team can not get the drs working it is an engineering or money issue and hardly anything fia can help with.

Imho just put the drs zone early enough on the straight with predetermined opening and closing points and the overtaking car gets just little acceleration boost but still ends up almost at the same max speed. Obviously that would require that the drs also closes at pre-determined point but that's hardly a difficult problem. Basically the drs would then give slight acceleration boost and not speed boost like it does now. The result would be to put the cars close enough for an overtaking attempt and not just make the ovetaking automatic.

Another idea is to put the drs on the 2nd longest straight so the cars won't hit the limiter at all because the drs straight is not the fastest one.

And if someone is hitting the limiter now he is doing it on purpose or by mistake. The engineers have data about the tracks and can calculate how tall gear ratios the car needs for optimal lap. Basically the fastest the cars go is in qualifying with the wing open at the end of the fastest straight with light car and new smelly pirleli tiers.
Quote from MAGGOT :Make all the arguments against DRS that you want; Alonso didn't win so I'm happy. That's really what's important here; Alonso not winning.

Lol Was a fantastic race, and we still have some potential winners left. Grats to Ham
Quote from Cornys :IndyCar is not too much different from F1

Indeed, I agree. This is my first season watching F1 and I love it. On the other hand, I tried to watch IndyCar and I just didn't care for it. I was puzzled at the time since it really is so much like F1, all the way down to the push-to-pass buttons. Ultimately, I just decided that there's no accounting for taste and that while I'm a big F1 fan, I'm not an IndyCar fan, and that's ok.
Quote from rowdog :Indeed, I agree. This is my first season watching F1 and I love it. On the other hand, I tried to watch IndyCar and I just didn't care for it. I was puzzled at the time since it really is so much like F1, all the way down to the push-to-pass buttons. Ultimately, I just decided that there's no accounting for taste and that while I'm a big F1 fan, I'm not an IndyCar fan, and that's ok.

I have to say the opposite, Im a big F1 fan and have been watching it for many years, and this is my first season watching Indy Seriously(been watching on and off since 2008).

And Im finding the racing Vastly better then F1, because it doesn't feel staged as much, idk but im finding my self being pulled to it more then F1.

This is also the first season of Indy where I can watch an Oval from flag to flag and not fall asleep.
Quote from rowdog :Indeed, I agree. This is my first season watching F1 and I love it. On the other hand, I tried to watch IndyCar and I just didn't care for it. I was puzzled at the time since it really is so much like F1, all the way down to the push-to-pass buttons. Ultimately, I just decided that there's no accounting for taste and that while I'm a big F1 fan, I'm not an IndyCar fan, and that's ok.

IndyCar got rid of the "push-to-pass" this year thank god. I was happy to hear that they had.

It's all about what you like to see in racing in what series you like. That's how it should be.
#83 - CSF
Then stop posting here then.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :I'd have to say the opposite of that. I can't sit through a whole indycar road race

Oval races are fun to watch (crashes) but most of the time it just feels too much like "second tier" to be taken seriously.

I thought the same before but when you see these half decent F1 drivers coming to the series getting there asses handed to them you think otherwise, the oval based dallara chassis is gone now so the racing has been epic both on Circuits and Ovals you would be surprised, also unlike F1 they have an actual engine war happening with intresting combos.
Quote from Mustafur :I thought the same before but when you see these half decent F1 drivers coming to the series getting there asses handed to them you think otherwise, the oval based dallara chassis is gone now so the racing has been epic both on Circuits and Ovals you would be surprised, also unlike F1 they have an actual engine war happening with intresting combos.

I haven't watched any Indycar races yet this season, but from what I hear th new cars are a return to proper, classic racing. More difficult to drive, technology battles (engines) and in time, team-designed aero kits. I think they're on to something here, it could be great. It could make Indycar racing exciting again (and I don't just mean on a race-by-race or season-by-season basis, I mean long-term).
Quote from MAGGOT :I haven't watched any Indycar races yet this season, but from what I hear th new cars are a return to proper, classic racing. More difficult to drive, technology battles (engines) and in time, team-designed aero kits. I think they're on to something here, it could be great. It could make Indycar racing exciting again (and I don't just mean on a race-by-race or season-by-season basis, I mean long-term).

When your getting Side by side racing on Tight street circuits you know something is up.

The only problem i have right now is there is too much Talent in the back field cars and not enough in the top cars, once that gets sorted out, the Series will come Alive with proper Championship Battles.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG