The online racing simulator
kick to spectator while pitting
(17 posts, started )
okay, so im racing here at sim-racer.net, its final lap and i decide to pit last lap just for the heck of it, anyways, the first place person also pitted and finished the race when i was halfway through pitting, then all of the sudden i get kicked to spectator mode for "not moving" well..... sorry that i couldnt move since i was stuck in pits

seems kinda unfair if you ask me

yes its not real to pit last lap, but that is still something that should be fixed
was probably a server option mod. Just the owner didnt think about pit stops
Yeah could be a server mod, OR a server admin saw you do it and forced you to spectate
no, no admins are ever on that server afaik, dont even know how we would even recognize admins there

either way, lfs should recognize that you.. cant move in the middle of a pitstop lol
It's been the case since pits were introduced that you have to be moving when the finish line is crossed. Pretty crap, am sure it's been posted and discussed before though...
Nothing
#7 - Honey
Quote from XCNuse :okay, so im racing here at sim-racer.net, its final lap and i decide to pit last lap just for the heck of it, anyways, the first place person also pitted and finished the race when i was halfway through pitting, then all of the sudden i get kicked to spectator mode for "not moving" well..... sorry that i couldnt move since i was stuck in pits

seems kinda unfair if you ask me

yes its not real to pit last lap, but that is still something that should be fixed

i'm sorry for you, i know very well this bug (only because i found out the cause): the server at some time stopped to manage your udp position packets, so as soon the winner crossed finish line, the server thought you were not moving so it forced you inot spectator mode (because obviously that server had this option enebled).

it has been mentioned few times, but scawen argued that this is not an lfs bug but it's your isp bug...the sad thing is that this bug is very subtle and many people don't figure it out (even myself that i already know, i spend some time before i figure it out when it happens).

btw since patch U, maybe luck maybe code more stable, it seems more rare to happen: to me happened twice since patch U.

another sympthom of this bug is when it seems that everyone crashes at you without respect...they simply don't see you and they are not affected by the crash...only you!

i hope more people come out for this subtle bug, so that we may convince scawen it is a lfs bug
how is that anything related to internet, you must be confused....

online, it sees you as not moving, so you get kicked to spectator for not moving; but it knows your in the pits, or atleast it can figure it out that your getting your car repaired, because LFS even says "so and so has entered the pits" so its a program problem, not ISP or anything lag or internet related
#9 - Honey
Quote from XCNuse :how is that anything related to internet, you must be confused....

online, it sees you as not moving, so you get kicked to spectator for not moving; but it knows your in the pits, or atleast it can figure it out that your getting your car repaired, because LFS even says "so and so has entered the pits" so its a program problem, not ISP or anything lag or internet related

i understand very well, for you everything is normal...the "invisible car" bug causes you to be forced into spectator mode as soon as the winner crosses the finish line, otherwise you would have completed your pits...

maybe i wasnt clear about the fact that i don't believe the story about "isp bug"...it's an lfs bug, i agree
to bump this bug, it happened yesterday to one of the drivers in the Czech LFS League... he was in the pits when the race leader finished the race and "bing" he was spectating the race, with the message "xxxxxx did not finish" flashing on the screen... Pretty annoying way to lose points in a league...
Quote from Vendetta :was probably a server option mod. Just the owner didnt think about pit stops

That's what I was thinking. Maybe LFSLapper could detect that, I doubt it though.
i dont think it's a bug as such. its implemented to spectate those people who when going away from the computer, just pull over and ditch their car somewhere, and upon the next race start their car just sits on the grid.

so when the race finishes if you are sitting somewhere not moving for xx amount of time, you're spectated.

im pretty sure every server has it? ive raced with servers not running mods and it happened. so it isn't a bug in itself, however spectating someone who's stationary in the PIT STOP probably needs to be fixed.

or have i got it all wrong??
... lol takumi, im glad to notice from your last paragraph you did pay attention to the title of this thread

it should kick people.. that CAN move, not the people STUCK in the pits lol
well i guess at the very least it stops people doing those naughty quick last lap pitstops
doesn't have to be last lap, you could be a lap behind and then get kicked to spectator
Quote from Chaos :to bump this bug, it happened yesterday to one of the drivers in the Czech LFS League... he was in the pits when the race leader finished the race and "bing" he was spectating the race, with the message "xxxxxx did not finish" flashing on the screen... Pretty annoying way to lose points in a league...

aww thats really crappy
cant you give him the points by checking where he might have pitted out?

The bug is really crappy though, maybe you have the replay?
everybody who stays in the race for 75% of the finish-time of the leader gets points in our league, but he will get only point for the last position...

I have all the replays from the event here, its division 2 (Divize 2), but i don't know which race (will try to find out) (first two replays are: qualifying and qualifying race), driver's lfsnick: ThorR

Edit> it is this replay

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG