The online racing simulator
New licenced cars in LFS?
(54 posts, started )
Quote :There's that three wheeler car (the names eludes me atm), that would certainly be a bit (lot) different.

Yep..a Reliant Robin would be an excellent addition hehe.
Attached images
reliant robin.jpg
About real tracks:
Wouldn't it be possible to make real tracks that aren't? I mean like Melbourne, Montreal or Monaco and not actually call them as such? Or do they license the streets too? Cause in Montreal, the circuit Gilles-Villeneuve is officially a street......

Now speaking of cars, since I believe LFS has something for lightweight vehicles:
http://www.go-t-rex.com/
#28 - axus
While we are at it, has anyone seen that there is a new version of the raceabout?
RAO5
Looks way nicer IMO. There is an extra 30kW and 170Nm of torque.... thats a shaitload! Would love to get that as well.

The thing I would really like is to get some more feedback form the devs about the kind of response they get from such car manufacturers. I mean, it cannot hurt the devs to ask so why not ask and give us some feedback? I hope they aren't ignoring this thread as it is a "can we not license more real cars please thread and they think its just like all the other ones. I think we have made genuine progress here.
Quote from Nick_ll :About real tracks:
Wouldn't it be possible to make real tracks that aren't? I mean like Melbourne, Montreal or Monaco and not actually call them as such? Or do they license the streets too? Cause in Montreal, the circuit Gilles-Villeneuve is officially a street......

Now speaking of cars, since I believe LFS has something for lightweight vehicles:
http://www.go-t-rex.com/

The problem would be the detail. People would complain if the straight has a bump where it shouldn't or doesn't have a bump where it should or the camber gradient is big/small etc etc.

Back on to the car for a minute what about some WTCC sytle cars. 1100Kgs, 300hp 2ltr 4 banger with a 8500rpm rev limit, 6sp gearboxes in either rwd and fwd.
man, that T-rex sure is ugly, i bet its a blast, but its one ugly mofo.
Quote from FEANOR :
Back on to the car for a minute what about some WTCC sytle cars. 1100Kgs, 300hp 2ltr 4 banger with a 8500rpm rev limit, 6sp gearboxes in either rwd and fwd.

i suggested that in the RSC forums as well

the 3 additional classes i would like to see in S3: WTCC-style touring cars, le mans like sports-prototypes and racetrucks. 3 of each class would be great.

but then again, other people want to see bikes, others nascar-type stock-cars, others go-karts, so the list would probably go on forever
Er, its a 2cv, with three wheels. I dont want that heap of junk anywhere near LFS..

Anyone who really wants a 3 wheeled 2cv in LFS, please go and take your medication before we get even worse suggestions. Thanks.

Now, adding the radical cars, yes please!
Quote from DasKlee :i suggested that in the RSC forums as well

the 3 additional classes i would like to see in S3: WTCC-style touring cars, le mans like sports-prototypes and racetrucks. 3 of each class would be great.

but then again, other people want to see bikes, others nascar-type stock-cars, others go-karts, so the list would probably go on forever

yes it's true, that's the 3 additional classes i want too, the most one: super racetrucks.

But I know that's difficult to see them on LFS, so there are lots of classes to add to LFS. But trucks would be amazing, I love them. And for sure, there is some truck team that'll give their truck for LFS for free.

If anyday we can see trucks in LFS, I don't know if would be electronicaly limited to 160kmh or not.. so IRL, they are limited to 160kmh, but can do 240kmh if nothing stops them!!!! Could be amazing to have trucks without speed limiter. But having speed limiter would be ok for me too.
Actually, speaking of 2CV's, although I doubt a license would be easily available, I've seen some incredibly exciting and frantic racing with these cars at a local circuit down the road from me - they're very old skool heh! They would certainly put the skills back in the hands of the driver, fairly low speed, but high center of gravity and iffy suspension.. I'd love to see something in LFS with a bit of low-tech vintage, it's all a bit modern at the mo!
HSCC (60's and 70's) type cars (Elans, Fulvias, Griffiths etc

Historic Formula Ford - nuff said

Radical SR3 - not historic, but surprisingly good fun to watch, and probably brilliant to drive too

P.S. I'm more than happy for any new cars in LFS to merely be 'adaptions of a theme' rather than a direct copy of a production car.

Oh, and the best 'racing' for 2CV's is when they weld up the chassis/body and turn them into boats. Haa haa. The only sensible alternative is to cut the floor pan out, turn them upside down and use them as skips.
Nah, seriously, I borrowed a 2CV for nipping around London a few years back, and it was great fun. Nippy. Easy to drive. Quick enough, and you could have a lot of fun at safe (slow) speeds. I wouldn't OWN one, but I enjoy driving 'em.
I would like a car like the Alfa 75,SZ,GTV, a car with a transaxle. Wich means that the gearbox is placed in the back of the car
Or a car like the Renault Clio V6, engine behind the seats And RWD ofcourse
Quote from tristancliffe :
Radical SR3 - not historic, but surprisingly good fun to watch, and probably brilliant to drive too

Agreed. Radical would be perfect for LFS.
I'm sure they'd be very popular.

I don't care about real car-brands either, but some real tracks would be very nice (i.e. the Nordschleife)
I'd personaly hate to see more real cars in Live for speed, every one will be requesting new cars and there will be arguments that they aren't simulated close enough to the real version. About 100 13 year olds would request skylines and body kits ect ect.

I say keep the cars they have now, they're diffrent, they're good and they're original.
Only other real car id like to see is the Ariel Atom..

On a side note, I was wondering if any of the real cars featured in LFS have ever appeared (reviewed etc) on any TV shows such as Top Gear or 5th Gear?
Quote :Why leave it to the devs to ask? Just email radical or noble and say you are working on a project and would like to use their car. If they say yes then tell eric and scawen so they can start modelling/coding

I did something simmilar already. I offered the devs a offical free license for a real track. But they just dont want it.
Quote from M.Mos :I did something simmilar already. I offered the devs a offical free license for a real track. But they just dont want it.

well a license alone doesn't create a real track. how about all the needed data, where'S which bump, which elevation, exact radius of the turns...

if you create a fantasy track, the result can be perfect without any of this information, since there'S no one able to compare. but creating a 'real' track which isn't identical with the original track is in my eyes not worth the work and time.
maybe most of the people would never notice, because they never drive on the real one and compare, but who knows the track will know if there'S something wrong with the game-version

and if i do not know the track, it really isn't much of a difference if it's fictional or real...

if someone would supply all the needed data together with the license, i bet the devs wouldn't have many objections against a real track in LfS - the license alone just wouldn't be enough
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :yes it's true, that's the 3 additional classes i want too, the most one: super racetrucks.

did someone mention super racetrucks... i too am one who would love to see these enormous beasts in LFS

i still play MBTR which is the only game that seems to have truck in it on pc...

maybe an rfactor mod will satisfy me but i think lfs physics for a truck are best suited..!!

mad
Quote : well a license alone doesn't create a real track

Doh ! realy ? ... of course i had more then just the license
sounds interesting - because some others had positive replies on the real track inquiries - but it all failed because of the missing data... at least that'S what you can hear in other LfS forums - so i don't know if it'S true or only hearsay

if you can provide the complete track data and the official license of an interesting track, i'm quite sure there will be some interest there - maybe not for a sudden LfS version but for inclusion into S3 or a track pack later on...

what exactly was the reason they gave you for having no interest in the track and what track are you talking about?
I want a track with one of these in it
Attached images
a loop.jpg
Didn't LFS have them originally before it was public? It started life as a stunt game after all.
I think real tracks would be awesome, too. But how many people have heard of limerock before? Especially other than those that live in the northeastern US.
Quote from DratsaB :Only other real car id like to see is the Ariel Atom..

On a side note, I was wondering if any of the real cars featured in LFS have ever appeared (reviewed etc) on any TV shows such as Top Gear or 5th Gear?

yeah the atom would be the only real car i would like to see in lfs.

as for the tracks woldnt mind seeing the nurburgring just couse its massive
Quote from spoop :I think real tracks would be awesome, too. But how many people have heard of limerock before? Especially other than those that live in the northeastern US.

quite a lot people know limerock... i myself have raced limerock in f1 99-02 and GTR and its a great circuit... ok maybe it isnt that well know as SPA, MONZA and i can go on but its still a realistic track that many people enjoy racing on..... one for me that would stand out would have to be LAGUNA SECA

taking the v8 into the corkscrew would be just thrilling

ohh well guess i ll just have to keep wishing....

shame the devs didnt use some real conrers like the corkcrew, eau rouge etc in their fantasy circuits obviously changing them a bit so that they wouldnt get sued......would provide atleast some real life resemblance and a challenge for the driver.... many of the corners in lfs just arent exciting except maybe the chicace on aston cadet....

mad

New licenced cars in LFS?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG