The online racing simulator
Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
#26 - JJ72
you are a lucky man.
Enjoy it! The wait will feel like a decade too. When I ordered my Polo I had to wait 2 months and it felt more like 6 months.
It's like 32 000€ here, stock. Around 35k€ fully specced(the audio and stuff)
That's a great car! Of course you greatly overpaid, but you will have tons of fun, so that doesn't matter. Good Luck.
Quote from KiRmelius :That's a great car! Of course you greatly overpaid, but you will have tons of fun, so that doesn't matter. Good Luck.

Its Norway... cars are so insanely stupidly expensive here. The taxes are massive.
A loud optional 3+ litre V6 would be great.
The tax on this isn't the worst, though. With the small'ish engine and low power and weight it gets the benefit of the doupt, so to speak.

Still it pains me to see the prices abroad.
Wow that's quite expensive over there, I believe here it will be $25,990 base.

http://www.scion.ca/scion/en

Anyway, enjoy it, and please post your opinions of it once you get it! I'm thinking of getting one too, and I'd love to hear an owner's opinion of it.
#34 - AJS
What does the state do with all that taxes ? In denmark its almost the same i think...

BTT im sure its a great car

My friend now ordered a new Renault Clio rs cup. its good bang for the buck but well FWD and french
It's one of my dream cars, if i lived in Sweden or Germany i would've bought it right a way.
Quote from Scrabby :

Notice I didn't say V8.
And I also used litre instead of liter to deter the America haters.
Is it wrong to want an engine like mine in it?
#38 - AJS
@Dennis93

"just in theory" - wouldnt that work :

- register a german address on your name (really easy - welcome to Europe...)

- go buy a car in germany and get german plates

ok might be that they will ask you for a tax report or something but if you can save like 30.000 Euro its worth maybe...
That wouldn't work in Norway, anyway. You can only drive a car on foreign plates for a certain amount of time here. If you want Norwegian plates you gotta fork up the cash. For a brand new car the taxes are usually significantly higher than the cost of the car.

There is a progressive tax reduction for every year the car has been used, and the sweetspot is for cars that are a few years old. The asking price has gone down significantly, and the taxes are reduced enough so that it usually nets a 'profit' versus vuying a used car here. But the extra hassle of importing yourself, and no warranty claims means most people don't go that route. We are so used to paying ridiculous amounts of money for cars we don't think about it much anymore.

Heavy, powerful cars with large capacity engines are the worst. I once checked the price of an Audi S6 in Canada versus here, and the difference was 5:1!
#40 - AJS
okay i see ... well similar system in Hungary but taxes arent THAT high here... you can try to trick the cops but if they get you they impound the car

well anyway pretty damn good salary in Norway they say ... so just enjoy the car
Quote from atledreier :...You can only drive a car on foreign plates for a certain amount of time here...

Same here in Italy but I know people driving cars with foreign plates for years since there is no way to prove when your car entered the country... And what the hell I can go to France once every six months and come back if I want to be legal
Just for discussion sake, why not a second hand S2000?

I have never driven a GT86 (BR-Z or whatever they call it in your country), or a S2000 for that matter. But why not S2000? I have always loved the way they look, plus it's a convertible with an amazing engine.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Just for discussion sake, why not a second hand S2000?

I have never driven a GT86 (BR-Z or whatever they call it in your country), or a S2000 for that matter. But why not S2000? I have always loved the way they look, plus it's a convertible with an amazing engine.

Was discussed on the first page...

Quote from atledreier :Never been a Hondaman myself, but have owned several Toyotas, including a MR2 mkII which I loved.

Guess it'll be easy to spot you around

VERY nice car!
I actually changed my colour order to the dark gray. Less flashy, more subtle, and I expect it will hold it's value a little better. Plus it's really growing on me as more and more pictures emerge on the interwebz.
If it looks something like this... order one for me too

get it flashy like this one:

:shhh: its tiburon :duck:
Quote from AJS :@Dennis93

"just in theory" - wouldnt that work :

- register a german address on your name (really easy - welcome to Europe...)

- go buy a car in germany and get german plates

ok might be that they will ask you for a tax report or something but if you can save like 30.000 Euro its worth maybe...

Of course.
But then I'd need ( I think it's same regulations in any country ) need to document that I've been inside the country for 180~ days the whole year.
But sweden is better for me since it's closer.
Quote from NitroNitrous :If it looks something like this... order one for me too

...image snip...

Kinda hard colour to get a good picture of...

<3

Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG