The online racing simulator
Does anyone have a streamlink for monaco and the 500? Got stuk working but we are allowed to use phone and laptops so ill be able to watch still
No extra boost for Lotus... Won't they be black flagged for minimum speed or does IndyCar do that?
They have to stay within 105% of leader's/field pace.
That means that they must go 210MPH if leaders are on pace of 220MPH
Doubt we'll see a race pace of 220mph though.
Just for the record, Simona was only 5,6% off Briscoe's speed in quali. And she might have not given 100% since they were pretty sure to end up 32nd whatever happen - not worth writing off a 2nd chassis in 2 years in those conditions.

So, being within the 105% during the race isn't as hopeless as some think.

It would be a shame if they get blag flagged, with the heat and the doubts on DW12 reliability, they could perhaps pick up a top 15 just by staying on the road.
Indeed. The heat should be a big factor in keeping lap speeds down overall. Will be a big boost to the Lotus teams if their cars are handling ok.
Going through the whole 92 500 here, an amazing race from start to finish
Is there a racedag stream? Could not find any info
there will most likely be some sort of stream at the known streaming sites. There is no official stream however, apart from the RedBull one on www.servustv.com, but it can be it is restricted to Germany-Austria-Switzerland
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Going through the whole 92 500 here, an amazing race from start to finish

Some random numerology-related trivia... 1982, 1992 and 2002 were all epic races... Are we up for a real threat in 2012 too?

E: NBC Sports Network stream for Carb Day anyone, please? Starting in 2 hours or so, with live IndyCar practice, Freedom 100 race, pit-stop competition, etc.
Deko is there today so if they show any coverage of the sandwich stand, be sure to look out for him
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Some random numerology-related trivia... 1982, 1992 and 2002 were all epic races... Are we up for a real threat in 2012 too?

E: NBC Sports Network stream for Carb Day anyone, please? Starting in 2 hours or so, with live IndyCar practice, Freedom 100 race, pit-stop competition, etc.

Adding to your sequence....79 wasn't good, 89 was, 99 wasn't, 2009 was. So in 2019 do we get another boring race then 2029 another cracking race?

Secodning an NBC stream
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Adding to your sequence....79 wasn't good, 89 was, 99 wasn't, 2009 was. So in 2019 do we get another boring race then 2029 another cracking race?

Secodning an NBC stream

Was 2009 that good though? I don't recall so much of it, just an anti-climatic last stint with Helio-Dan-Danica 1-2-3 from green to checkers.

But that said, Helio winning right after the end of his tax evasion trial was a fantastic story line
Some pics I took while at Carb Day (for those who don't have me on Facebook).

Was warm, but not uncomfortable. Lot of walking. Good action during the Firestone Freedom 100. I was sitting just above the T1 entry, right at pit out for that; several times the leaders went side-by-side in a group, I swore I'd see a wreck on the other end on the videboard. Shame that ended under caution.

I left before the pitstop challenge got through the semi-finals.

If you can ever go to Indy, even if not for the 500 or any of the Month of May stuff, GO. You can't truly know how big it is until you are INSIDE the speedway.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Was 2009 that good though? I don't recall so much of it, just an anti-climatic last stint with Helio-Dan-Danica 1-2-3 from green to checkers.

But that said, Helio winning right after the end of his tax evasion trial was a fantastic story line

Yep why I put it as good, 82/92 had fantastic storylines too, 82 was Johncock and Mears and 92, Little Al and Goodyear and Micheal Andretti having a two lap lead then the Andretti Curse rearing its ugly head (as usual for the Andrettis)

Oh and ESPN needs commentators who actually know their stuff. It's said every year, but....ESPN, bring back Paul Page. Or let him do what he did last year, offer insight for the radio network and stories
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Oh and ESPN needs commentators who actually know their stuff. It's said every year, but....ESPN, bring back Paul Page. Or let him do what he did last year, offer insight for the radio network and stories

About Paul Page:

Quote :I was walking through gasoline alley today after the public drivers meeting when I heard his unmistakable voice. I turned around and sure enough it was Paul Page. I went up to him and said hello. He was very nice and talked to me for probably 5 minutes. I told him it would be great to see him on TV for indycar, to which he replied that he would love to do it. He said that he is under contract through December with whoever he has a contract with now. He seemed extremely enthusiastic talking about coming back to Indy. He also said that he heard about Bob Jenkins situation back in December. He said that the old Delta Force intro themes were made at the race track 2 days before the race, and now they are full productions that cost $200,000. he did say that he looks at YouTube comments and that he appreciates the support from everyone that would like him back in the series. I got a picture with him, made my day.

http://www.trackforum.com/foru ... 164947-Just-saw-Paul-Page

Not sure if the $200,000 figure is true, but if it is... Just wow. The Delta Force intros still beat most of the new ones IMO. Although the new ones may be more appealing to the casual fans, I don't know.
He's under contract for ESPN and drag racing, why they put him there I got no clue, he's most famous for being the voice of the 500
Quote from DieKolkrabe :He's under contract for ESPN and drag racing, why they put him there I got no clue, he's most famous for being the voice of the 500

I have no clue either. If I recall correctly, I've once read some sort of speculation saying that Tony George asked for his head a few years ago for whatever reason(too close to CART? he used to be commentating both IRL and CART at that time, not a very comfortable position), but that may just be BS, I don't know.

But if that's true, maybe he could come back at some point, now that TG has stepped back.
European satelite (DVB-S) watchers can watch the Indy500 race on ServusTV, which will televise the race with two audio channels, in German and English. Moreover ServusTV streams the race on www.servustv.com in German (I do not know about regional blocks though). In Austria, Germany and Switzerland you can get ServusTV via DVB-T, DVB-C and IPTV.

ServusTV is a channel from Salzburg run by Red Bull.
Quote from dekojester :Some pics I took while at Carb Day (for those who don't have me on Facebook).

Was warm, but not uncomfortable. Lot of walking. Good action during the Firestone Freedom 100. I was sitting just above the T1 entry, right at pit out for that; several times the leaders went side-by-side in a group, I swore I'd see a wreck on the other end on the videboard. Shame that ended under caution.

I left before the pitstop challenge got through the semi-finals.

If you can ever go to Indy, even if not for the 500 or any of the Month of May stuff, GO. You can't truly know how big it is until you are INSIDE the speedway.

Tracks of that size are gonna be huge deko. Afterall the track is obly the perimeter of the infield

2012 IndyCar Series
(957 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG