The online racing simulator
Red Hot Brakes ?
(15 posts, started )
Red Hot Brakes ?
#2 - amp88
The actual modelling of brake temperature would be a big breakthrough, yes. I posted about this some time ago. However, just making the brake discs glow whenever they're used heavily would be pretty much useless eye candy. Also, even if brake temperature were to be simulated you wouldn't normally see the discs on the road cars in LFS glowing.
I notice it in RF2, if you come to a hairpin you can see it on the car in front some times as they turn in sharp. Of course they actually model the brake temperature properly. It's a little silly that this isn't in LFS, it really shouldn't be too hard to do.

Hm, deja vu... it's almost like I've had this conversation 30 times over the past 8 years....
including brake fading.
Quote from The Stig PL :including brake fading.

That means there isn't any brake fading in the game? I thought there was but now realized that they were my tires..
+1
Quote from The Stig PL :including brake fading.

Yes please. LFS is lacking alot of factors for endurance racing which make endurance races on LFS boring. Opinions being mine alone of course.
they also need a tyre compound thats wearing faster and heating slower. So pit will actually be needed and not forced
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :they also need a tyre compound thats wearing faster and heating slower. So pit will actually be needed and not forced

Scawen is working on tyres
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :they also need a tyre compound thats wearing faster and heating slower. So pit will actually be needed and not forced

You have no idea why there hasn't been an update for a while?
luckyly yes.
Quote from fatalunfair :You have no idea why there hasn't been an update for a while?

Updated LFS will be something else.. Hell yeah!!
If Im not mistaken this wil be in S3.
Quote from frotto110 :If Im not mistaken this wil be in S3.

If I'm not mistaken, this hasn't been mentioned anywhere. Stop creating rumours
Quote from Flame CZE :If I'm not mistaken, this hasn't been mentioned anywhere. Stop creating rumours

but there was thread few months ago about this

Red Hot Brakes ?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG