The online racing simulator
I' ve been there 2 days ago and spent most of the race on the roof seeing others passing by.
Same here.

Old banger racing was much better. Now, everybody just drives by (many even AVOID you illepall ) and you have to stay on the roof for the rest of the race.
Not with me around
Depends on who you're with and how many are in the server. More people=more chaos which means you'll get hit no matter what.

After the carnage of turn1/lap1 there's usually 2 or 3 guys chasing each other down for the win and one can't blame them for dodging the wrecked cars because they're fighting for position. It is a race after all, albeit a very dirty one.

But if you're out of contention for the win there's no excuse for tooling around and not hitting anybody. (a) its boring, (b) it gets people pissed off at you.

So, IMO, general etiquette of Bangers:

- If you're fighting for the win, go ahead and race
- If you're out of contention (and by that I mean the leader is more than a straightaway ahead of you), CAUSE CHAOS!!!
Well, "CAUSE CHAOS"....

I really enjoy racing on the banger server and usually don't mind being crashed - hey, it's part of the game -, but sometimes I'm about to forget myself.

There are some bangers driving wrong way during the whole race, deliberately wrecking in T0, not doing more than one lap while crashing everyone. That's not fun.

I mean, it's surely not about becoming first, but if a banger doesn't even want to finish, but _only_ to crash, then I don't know if he got on the right server - or is it rather me, who is in the wrong place?
i tell them this too, but they target me, insult me and sit in the track reversing into me when i pass by. i always try to tell them, its still racing, not wrecking.

its sad when people have to spoil the fun of people even on a race where u are meant to crash...
Quote from zeugnimod :Same here.

Old banger racing was much better. Now, everybody just drives by (many even AVOID you illepall ) and you have to stay on the roof for the rest of the race.

Just like in real life
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :but they target me, and sit in the track reversing into me when i pass by.

I was experiencing this too today. 2 teammates in particular. They would play dead then reverse into me pushing me into the wall.illepall

Hope that doesn't become a trend or Bangers will fall from grace even faster.
Quote from Shotglass :we should organise a banger racing league

I'm all for it. How many people would join if we got an official one going?
Quote from zeugnimod :Same here.

LOL! Everything always seemed so much better in the 'old days' didn't it?!
I can't agree, always found a few good people around to bash me off my roof so i can rejoin the carnage.
In the 'old days' there were always same people driving by and some bashing you upright.
You have to be old first to know how it was in the old days
Something I have noticed is that races in the Banger server don't get recorded to LFSWorld.

I'm sure it did last time?
Hm, I must have been there at the wrong time then. I joined 3 or 4 times in the last week and spent every time 2 races on my roof without someone hitting me.

AFAIK, the stats did get recorded last time. If you looked at the drivers with the most laps driven in that month, mostly banger racers were at the top.
Quote :I'm all for it. How many people would join if we got an official one going?

I would be up for a banger racing league! Count me and my rusty mis-matched door panel UF1 in . Multiple layouts and no need to correct the stricken would be good.

You see, correcting a rolled car is fine, but you loose at least half a lap so when the race is going well I dont do it - but if i've had a roll (which typically happens before getting to the track) or the leader is out of sight then sure i'll bash you until the cows come home.

Call me unsporting, but I do race to win. The fact that it happens rarely is besides the point !

I also reset if I land out of bounds, which is probably against server rules but beats waiting for nobody to come by...
I reset too when I'm off the track, I know it's against server rules, but where is the fun? I mean, sometimes you get rolled over before you're on track, so you just have to sit there in the parking lot? No thanks!

I would like to have a banger server with different cars though, I'm kinda fed up with the UF1000 banging
XRT perhaps? Lots of tail sliding leaving you open for the nudge ... Where pre-race qualifying puts the pole sitter at the back of the grid where they have the most chance of survival !
I really dont understand why you cant drive reverse. I was having fun putting all those serious racers out yesterday when I was driving backwards
Well in real banger racing spinning out and rolling other cars is an art, but it's a wasted art if you dont then go on to race. It's not a wrecking server, it's a banger racing server, there's a huge difference.

When you wreck you drive backwards, drive badly, and disrupt other peoples play - your actions as described by yourself.

When you banger race you ignore the rules of driver conduct whilst still trying to win.

Which is why I am in two minds about the original post, i've born it in mind and i've helped other cars when my race is ruined - and indeed ruined a few of my own whilst trying to be helpful when I would rather have been racing ... but i've also driven to win.
i agree 100% with u becky, i try to tell people to crash me skillfully, spinning my back round, tapping me into a barrier so i roll, but then they just insult me and reverse into me.

i win quite alot on the banger servers and i crash MANY people, but i do it in such a way that i dont damage my own car. I hope in a banger league all of the racers would do the same.

its like when people just totally wreck u from miles back and loose half a lap themselfs. whats the point. when i say banger RACING they go mad, and i know alot of people who use this forum have cussed me about it.
I totally agree with ayrton senna 87, it's banger RACING! So I don't feel guilty if I fight the 1st position instead of trying to flip the other cars on their wheels. I also don't feel angry if I sit on my roof and the leaders don't try to flip me. If everyone followed the rules that can be said in 8 words (no pit, reset, wrong way. try to win), it would be so much fun!
#71 - Jakg
people dont seem to get the race bit, and i agree that i dont mind being taken out if its artful, if its just being pushed into a wall then i do!
I'll give people a tap if they're on their side but yea.. Racing. I want to win too

Resetters are the worst though.. Kinda misses the point, unless you're outside of the course.

Resetting is bad, eh Senna

Quote from Becky Rose :I also reset if I land out of bounds, which is probably against server rules but beats waiting for nobody to come by...

if we ever get a league going id consider it fair if you wait at least 5-10 seconds until you hit reset (depending on how far off the track you landed)

hopefully well get a collision detection fix anytime soon
yesterday i accidently spun metalstar too little pushing him into the barrier which i regard as an exploit
not to mention that there will be a hell of a lot less mobile chicanes (which i like to call kevs ever since the first time i joined the server during this second comming of banger racing ) once cars dont end up on their roof from the slightest of bumps anymore
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Something I have noticed is that races in the Banger server don't get recorded to LFSWorld.

I'm sure it did last time?

I also noticed this.. Is there something I need to do for this to work??

cheers,
James
I dont think so.

Probably, its just, that Autocross and Carpark laps and races dont get counted anymore.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG