The online racing simulator
Do you have something like LFS ban the IPs?
Is it possible to discard ban IP addresses? Give fake identities and personalities too have a very wishy-washy. IP ban them if lfs so I'd hate to be the likelihood of falls.
What?
He wants to ban IP addresses instead of LFS accounts.

On demo servers I can imagine that some people keep coming back with new accounts and such a feature is wanted but it's only possible when you have full access to your server. (Firewall settings).

You can't ban IP addresses with LFS itself and I doubt that this would ever be possible. On top of that, some have dynamic IP addresses (like me for example) and then you have to block whole ranges which can give a negative side effect that you ban innocent other people too in that process.

But to be short; not possible.
#4 - amp88
You can ban IPs using the server log file. I don't know if any application exists to do this (or if it's incorporated in, e.g. Airio).
Quote from cargame.nl :He wants to ban IP addresses instead of LFS accounts.

On demo servers I can imagine that some people keep coming back with new accounts and such a feature is wanted but it's only possible when you have full access to your server. (Firewall settings).

You can't ban IP addresses with LFS itself and I doubt that this would ever be possible. On top of that, some have dynamic IP addresses (like me for example) and then you have to block whole ranges which can give a negative side effect that you ban innocent other people too in that process.

But to be short; not possible.

IP jump directly though the game would be great.
Quote from amp88 :You can ban IPs using the server log file. I don't know if any application exists to do this (or if it's incorporated in, e.g. Airio).

log file is useful, but needs doing be a little bit
when will you people finally learn that ip bans are completely and utterly useless in a world where most internet connections run dynamic ips?
Or more to the point, when will people learn that this is what firewalls have been invented for.
Quote from MadCatX :Or more to the point, when will people learn that this is what firewalls have been invented for.

how the hell are those supposed to help with banning people?
Quote from Shotglass :how the hell are those supposed to help with banning people?

Because Firewalls can block certain connections to a server, I'm afraid.
Quote from Shotglass :how the hell are those supposed to help with banning people?

Because you can use firewall to IP ban anybody. If there are server admins who think IP bans are any effective, they are free to use their firewalls to accomplish that and stop posting this request over and over...

Because that's what firewalls are for, unless your thinking were talking about your car....... Then well sure!
that wont help one bit though if the request for ip bans itself is retarded
it is quiet funny... wasn't it one of the reasons why the Demo accounts were introduced, that IP bans don't keep people out of the server, since most people were on dynamic ips?
Quote from Shotglass :when will you people finally learn that ip bans are completely and utterly useless in a world where most internet connections run dynamic ips?

If the server owner/admin is willing to take the 'collateral damage' that comes from banning an IP range (after discerning if a practical one can be applied, of course) then that's up to them. If, for example, a user connects to the server 5 times with different IPs whose last octet differs by, at most, 25 digits a temporary ban of that range might be appropriate.
I want to say something to my internet IP ban will not be online in the game, but dividing the ATCA, and if anything I think that resolves the modem off and back opens.
The ability to temporarily ban an IP address is a perfectly reasonable request.

Using firewalls to achieve the same thing is a technical process and time consuming so tends to be a bit more permanent, but if you are faced with a multiple account demo user a temporary IP ban is a perfectly reasonable defensive measure.
#18 - Woz
For me I open on webpage on my router. Drop the connection then connect again and I have new IP. It takes me seconds to do.

IP bans do nothing, as other have said, until everyone has a fixed IP. This might happen with IP6 but use of that is ages away if the sluggish move to IP6 is anything to go my.

Pointless the devs implementing a system. If you need it use in/out sim.
Quote from Woz :If you need it use in/out sim.

Where exactly is that data?

Quote from Woz :It takes me seconds to do.

It takes you some years to login to a LFS server, it seems. So no problem there.

Besides, I hosted some very popular COD servers. It was very affective. Maybe start to talk from experience instead of theory.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG