The online racing simulator
Reliable wheel
(72 posts, started )
yep ... That's a true fact ... more owners, more reported issues ...

I also had a G25 before I sold it to buy my Fanatec ... never had any issues with it ... Good bang for the buck for me ...
What about a Thrustmaster T500 RS?
Quote from Bose321 :Hey, last time I checked Fanatec wasn't such rubbish, so sod off.

overpriced

G27 works fine
Force dynamics have just developed a new wheel, which beats everything!
It is free rotation, made out of solid steel, and have more force than you will know what to do with.
It is not cheap.
The degree of roation can be set in software, and the wheel will software stop.
I've tried it, and its hands down the best wheel I've ever tried. The fact that it was mounted in a 401cr didn't detract from its attractiveness either...

They are not quite ready for stand alone purchase just yet, but I guess you can persuade them to make you one if you ask nicely...

/om
if money is not a problem then yes this wheel seems to be in another category ...

Isn't it a Frex wheel ?
my friend has and does not complain, I have a G25 is very good wheel
Quote from Mustangman759 :overpriced

G27 works fine

Overpriced in which way, since it's a lot cheaper.

Oh wait, you meant the G27 is overpriced. Yes it is.
I've had my G25 for quite some time now, and still works like a charm. No realizeable damage in the pedals nor on the wheel. The only weak point is the shifter, which I've managed to wreck completely, but I was using it hard and good, and it worked pretty good for how fragile it actually is. If it's like the G25 and you have the money, I'd recommend buying the G27.
I'm buying the:
Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel
Every wheel is reliable from its birth, it's all about you and your behaviour with the wheel, if you are going insane every time you are loosing / you lost a race not even a wheel for 10000€ would be reliable for you.

I have my G25 for 4 years now and I never had any problem with it. However I know one mate of mine who was crazy as **** and he broke already 2 or 3 G25s. Only because of him.

That's about it. If you buy G27 you will get a top notch wheel, same as with Fanatec. I personaly prefer Logitech, never had any problem with it.
Quote from Mysho :Every wheel is reliable from its birth, it's all about you and your behaviour with the wheel, if you are going insane every time you are loosing / you lost a race not even a wheel for 10000€ would be reliable for you.

I think that you are confusing reliability with durability. If I punch my monitor and it fall off the desk is it not reliable? xD

Logitech pedals have a tendency to start spiking, it doen't mind how you use them. Logitech shifter usually need soldering to fix the reverse switch. Once again, it comes to hoy many hours you have used them, not how hard you pressed something.

Obviously if you hit the steering wheel lock every turn it would broke earlier, I don't think anybody doubt it The question is, with the same treat, what wheel (including all parts) would broke before.
Quote from heson :Logitech wheels have many problems because they have many users. I have no reliable source on how many g27 have been sold but they are surely magnitudes more than any other premium wheel. Therefore a lot more problems, and a lot more complaints in forums etc. Maybe there are more problems with Logitech wheels that other but I doubt it, but the important point with my post is that you need better statistics than frum flames to decide.

(Mine have worked well until I have worn them out, no strange problems like alignment etc)

Another reason why Logitech wheels have more problems is because they use more failure-prone technology - for example, belt drive (used on Fanatec wheels) is way less likely to break than gear drive (used on Logitech wheels).
hmm.. than why car manufacturers went from timing belts to use gear driven camshafts?
Quote from e2mustang :hmm.. than why car manufacturers went from timing belts to use gear driven camshafts?

Yes, to make sure car breaks down as soon as it's warranty period expires.

</sarcasm>On the serious note - you can't compare chinese plastic gears used in chinese Logitech wheels to proper metal gears used in cars.
well of course you cant compare that but just as a whole belt driven things dont last as long usually.(it is more quiet tho)They should use small metal gears instead for that "quality" items they make
Quote from e2mustang :well of course you cant compare that but just as a whole belt driven things dont last as long usually.(it is more quiet tho)They should use small metal gears instead for that "quality" items they make

could be worse, they could use quality parts, let their sales team have a feild day and price of the wheels shoots up...

OP its clear that g25/27 is the way to go; let us know how you get on
Quote from theirishnoob :OP its clear that g25/27 is the way to go;

lololol

Have they taught you how to read in primary school? :>
Clamping systems are bad on any wheels that I know ... Hard mounting them is much better ... You can hard mount the T500 wheel ...
Quote from E.Reiljans :lololol

Have they taught you how to read in primary school? :>

yes, in irish, not so much english actually...

problem ?

as for clamping system: unless you ripping the wheel left to right like collin mac rae's yoke when he tried to be a pilot... generally you wont get much slip... the rubber section off an old wetsuit tacked under & over the surface you stickign the wheel to is a quick and easy solution...

Reliable wheel
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG