The online racing simulator
F1 Race Manager 2012 Browser Game
(261 posts, started )
Moved up 9 places, Senna and Williams. Great choice !
Bonus question is up . Good luck understanding it !
I closed my eyes and clicked one. (after a few tries cause i kept missing all of them). I just made sure I dnd't click Massa
I chose Massa. No idea really who is the shortest one though...
Oh crap I mis-read. I thought it said Tallest since start of F1.

I still have no clue though.
What a retarded question...

Chose Massa as well.
6'11" DEFINITELY isn't 183cm

And Mark Webber definitely isn't 6'11"!
Quote from J@tko :6'11" DEFINITELY isn't 183cm

It says 6' 1" (which is around 184 cm), unless the question has been altered recently.

Quote from jrd.racer :Oh crap I mis-read. I thought it said Tallest since start of F1.

The question has been edited: when I first read it (after you made your first post) it didn't say "shortest" since they were talking about tallest drivers, I thought they were talking about the tallest out of those given too...

Anyway, no idea who's the shortest either.
Quote from Silverracer :It says 6' 1" (which is around 184 cm), unless the question has been altered recently.

They must have changed it - I wondered how a 6'11" Mark Webber would fit in an F1 car

I went for Rodriguez. No idea why
Stupid...

All I know is that Massa's height is 1.65m (5'5''), which isn't really that short. Lauda looks taller than him, I guess.

The other ones, I have no idea! I think I'll go with Pedro as well.
Hmm maybe it isn't Massa after all. If Massa is 1.65m and Sato is 1.64m then obviously Massa couldn't be the shortest ever F1 driver. I'm not so sure at all if either of the measurements are true. All measurements about Sato are shorter than Massa though... Which should mean Massa is not the shortest.

I have not been able to find heights for several of the drivers so I did some picture searching so I could compare the drivers visually. While Rodriguez for example does not look really tall he does not look that short either. The same with Lauda for whom I also a found height of 1.70m. Found a pic where Lauda was standing with Enzo Ferrari and Montezemolo and Lauda was just little shorter than the other two. Also found some pics of Baghetti and he does not look to be short fellow either.

Hawthorn is definitely not that short. John Love guy is a bit of mystery. So in other words I've not really achieved anything with my internet searches

Changed my answer to Pedro...
There's always room for love...
Love it is, then!
John Love cannot be correct, I am 100% certain.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/sh ... 009739&postcount=9009
This is not accurate information.

If you go to the link below you can see the size of John Love compared to all the other people around him.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4 ... 1/sizes/o/in/photostream/

According to this photo, if he was 4'9" that would mean that those people around him would be around 4'5" - 4'7" or so.... Do you have any idea how small that is? That is the average height of around 136cm... Or the average 10 year-old boy.

Whoever posted this answer on Wiki Answers is wrong, very, very wrong. And/Or tried to sabotage this question IMO. I mean come on:

Quote :John Love from Rhodesia was like 4 feet 9 inches.

Yep, sounds like a very credible source to me. If you have found anything else showing his height, please post here.

Pedro Rodriguez was the shortest from what I have found. At his younger years, Pedro started at 5' 4" but he was known to be 5' 5", which is shorter than Massa by a hair (Massa is 5' 5.5"). Pedro and his brother were known as "The Little Mexicans" and are undoubtedly the shortest grand prix drivers in history.

Sorry to those that chose John Love, but others that actually did their research just got cheated and I hope those of you that did can file a complaint via their email: AskUs@F1RaceManager.com

Bullshit bonus questions yet again this season.

EDIT: I should also mention that the webmaster of this site is Dutch, and typically any bonus question that has an answer with a reference to a Dutch driver (in this case a South African driver, which still applies), then that is likely the one he will choose. His sources are Google, he does not have any solid facts for these questions. Remember the "Gerrie Knetemann" question? That was also wrong (and poorly written).
But isn't Takuma Sato about inch shorter than Massa? Which would make Taku shorter than Pedro too...

About your pic. High heels (no idea what's the word in english when you have shoes that have some kind of hidden elevation )

Personally I liked this bonus question. It was not super easy like they usually are even if they tend to get it wrong then most of the time .
Quote from Hyperactive :But isn't Takuma Sato about inch shorter than Massa? Which would make Taku shorter than Pedro too...

About your pic. High heels (no idea what's the word in english when you have shoes that have some kind of hidden elevation )

Personally I liked this bonus question. It was not super easy like they usually are even if they tend to get it wrong then most of the time .

You're not saying those other men in the photos are wearing high heels too I hope? hahah

Look again: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4 ... 1/sizes/o/in/photostream/

For the answers given, Pedro was the shortest. Of all the pictures I could find of John Love standing beside people, he was certainly no short man. Think about it... if he was 4ft 9in, or even anything less than 5'5"... that is REALLY small. In comparison, photos of Pedro Rodriguez showed he could barely even look over the cockpit of some cars. Let alone his body was never sticking way out and upright of a grand prix car like John Love's was.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/smuckatelli/4846441092/

I thought the bonus question was fun too, for it's detective work needed. But honestly, this is not fair, and I know that the "John Love" is wrong. If the webmaster is using Wiki Answers as his source, he ought to fix this before this GP.

Waste of time, But eh... at least the service is free
The bonus question has been badly worded / completely wrong on quite a few occasions , apologies follow shortly afterwards giving the correct answer and offering the cash to everyone that entered
I picked John Love, my logic was that if you assume the person/people who run the game aren't F1 geniuses who've devoted 60 years of their life to analysing every statistic and are just fans like us, then they'd be working off the same info we are - which is info from the internet. Most likely completely incorrect info but hey, that's the info they used to write the question, and the info said that John Love was 4'9". But yeah, it's bullshit and they should just give everyone the bonus money.
Yep. It's all fair now. If you got it wrong, you should soon have the extra money:

Quote from F1 Race Manager :Due to a wrong source the answer John Love is not correct. We regret that and therefor we will give everyone the 5 million.
Our excuses for any inconvenience.

Oh damn... What a disaster already. Should have just stuck with my safe option...
Mercedes... y u strategy fail?
Full williams team with merc fuel does not seem to be exactly where I was hoping. Anyways I think williams will climb into top10 but merc fuel was bad choise...
Dont even want to find out the results / points.... Its not going to be good.

F1 Race Manager 2012 Browser Game
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG