The online racing simulator
RB4 DRIFT setup
(34 posts, started )
Quote from Phsx2 :No they're not. the rules apply to any form of car/vehicle that has wheels, drift cars HAVE to be powered solely by their rear wheels.

ok i was browsing this post and saw some disputing. however after continuing to read further posts i noticed that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

in ANY drift competition there are a few requirements to score. speed, angle, and smoke. granted the best way to achieve said results is to use a rear wheel drive vehicle. however there are other ways to do so. with an awd you have a higher control of the vehicle at a much higher angle. by adjusting the torque of the car from F50% - R50% to F20% - R80% you essentialy have a rwd car that has an extra bit of pull in the front to maintain speed and the ability to quickly straighten the car out. this compaired to a pure rwd vehicle gives a major advantage in how much angle you can get and still be able to pull out of the drift. hence why awd is not allowed in D1.

on the "powerslide" note. a front wheel drive car cannot drift because it cannot spin its back tires. you then have 2 options to "powerslide" through the corner. 1 feint the car. by starting on the outside of the track then cut in out and back in. you force the weight of the car to break your back tires loose. 2 lots of ebrake and pray you have enough speed to make it through the corner. either way in a fwd if you press the gas in the corner you will straighten the car back out.

either way you look at it. you CAN drift in a rwd or an awd. but you cannot drift in a fwd. only your so called powerslide.

sorry... shortly after i posted i noticed that Phsx2 is not the only one with those oppinions. please view this as a general post and not directed at anyone in particular
Quote from Phsx2 :definition of drifting.

Drifting is where the rear slip angle passes the front slip angle.

this cannot happen a AWD because the the front and rear slip angles stay the same.

therefore you can't DRIFT AWD only powerslide.

Yes you can drift 4WD cars, only put the traction in rear wheels to get a FR car (or how here say RWD)

Try this set, warm up to 100º then start drifting (Set made by me)
Attached files
RB4_[DERRAPE SHaGO].set - 132 B - 1411 views
i will only say this ...
drifting techniques....

clutch kick
dirt drop drift
jump drift
HANDBRAKE DRIFT
Feint drift
inertia drift(powersliding)....

saying that almost all the cars can drift

thank you very much
Quote from turbo_boy :i will only say this ...
drifting techniques....

clutch kick
dirt drop drift
jump drift
HANDBRAKE DRIFT
Feint drift
inertia drift(powersliding)....

saying that almost all the cars can drift

thank you very much

FF cars can't drift (Front Traction cars)
Quote from SHasGO :FF cars can't drift (Front Traction cars)

hows that??
i know when a fwd is "drifting" its called azzdragging or sliding in anny form. so that u dont need to tell me once again

but u can allways look on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49k1r5i8xs
i was there..
its online in SaikoD shout out..
and its no tweak etc or annything.

still not able to drift a fwd or so-to-say:azzdrag ?
when an AWD drift, it's called 4-wheel-drive drift, 4WD drift is a basic technique in Rally racing (such as WRC).
Quote from RMZ125 :I use this drift setup every time when i drift in single player mode and i thought to share it with you guys
heres the link to download.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rn4nzizdazw
Have fun and happy drifting

Good setup mate, I had fun DRIFTING with it. I did raise the ride height a bit though it was quite bumpy.
Do you guys who just said that AWD cars can't drift heard about Ken Block? His Fiesta is AWD! All is in central differential setting, if you put more power to Rear wheels you can drift with it and even the front wheels can help get your ass from drift because they still have some power, I think AWD drifting is easier then RWD, just my opinion..

RB4 DRIFT setup
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG