The online racing simulator
RB4 DRIFT setup
(34 posts, started )
RB4 DRIFT setup
I use this drift setup every time when i drift in single player mode and i thought to share it with you guys
heres the link to download.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rn4nzizdazw
Have fun and happy drifting
RB4? Drift?
Quote from Bose321 :RB4? Drift?

Why not? AWDs can drift as well, you know, the technique is slightly different from RWDs and the cornering speed is higher, but at the end you can drift with an AWD (hint: watch WRC) I don't know if you can do it in LFS because I only have the demo, but if the physics are as good as they should be, no problem then
#4 - Phsx2
definition of drifting.

Drifting is where the rear slip angle passes the front slip angle.

this cannot happen a AWD because the the front and rear slip angles stay the same.

therefore you can't DRIFT AWD only powerslide.
#6 - Phsx2
Quote from SeriousLover :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAVW4SSZkck

pwned

You seem not to be able to grasp a simple concept, AWD isn't drifting.
I've already explained why, so i'm not gonna bother explaining again.

And all of those rally cars 'drifting' weren't drifting they were powersliding, note the wheels on the cars don't match the driving line on the road.
#7 - scipy
How about you stop being such an elitist **** (<- it spells c-u-n-t). By your own wrong definition, if "drifting" is when the rear slip angles are larger than fronts - then any vehicle with 2 axles can drift.

Don't even try to come back to powersliding, since anyone can make the rear tires go into a larger slip without even touching the throttle pedal.
#8 - Phsx2
Quote from scipy :How about you stop being such an elitist **** (<- it spells c-u-n-t). By your own wrong definition, if "drifting" is when the rear slip angles are larger than fronts - then any vehicle with 2 axles can drift.

Don't even try to come back to powersliding, since anyone can make the rear tires go into a larger slip without even touching the throttle pedal.

Wow you call me elitist and then proceed to attack me, way to take the moral high ground. There's a reason AWD has been banned from all drifting comps, and is refered to as powersliding.

O and to finish the explaination:

Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a motorsport where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels through turns, while maintaining vehicle control and a high exit speed. A car is said to be drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle prior to the corner apex, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right going along the usual driving line of the road or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors.
Ok i just use this on single player for drifting..(Power sliding)..
RB4 Drift
wtf are the Subaru's STi Doing (of Team Orange and Subaru is AWD if u dont know....) AROUND THERE???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1YrGnTlOc

Powerslide or drift?? i think it's Drift, because u said the rear Angle shouldn't be at the same angle as the front angle, but with more angle of the front ... :doh:

Appriciate
Quote from Kaxuxo_Jr :wtf are the Subaru's STi Doing (of Team Orange and Subaru is AWD if u dont know....) AROUND THERE???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1YrGnTlOc

Powerslide or drift?? i think it's Drift, because u said the rear Angle shouldn't be at the same angle as the front angle, but with more angle of the front ... :doh:

Appriciate

They are stock but, team orange RWD converts their cars as AWD is banned from drifting comps.

Also the bit in bold is an idiotic statement, as i said the front wheels match the driving line of the road. Which has NOTHING to do with angle, if you've ever watched/been to a drifting event you would know that when they enter a turn, the front wheels are always matched to the normal driving line of the road/track.
Quote from mobiholik :this my friend is not drifting ... its power sliding :smash::rally_dri

Thank you someone for seeing sense
Downloading...
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : because i can.
#16 - PoVo

with my set (when I did drifting (some time ago lol)) but it spins too easily and you can't go as an XRT.
You can drift with AWD cars. Think of a HPI remote controlled drift car. They are DRIFT cars not powerslide cars.
Quote from Stingray1700 :You can drift with AWD cars. Think of a HPI remote controlled drift car. They are DRIFT cars not powerslide cars.

No they're not. the rules apply to any form of car/vehicle that has wheels, drift cars HAVE to be powered solely by their rear wheels.
geez, so much arguments! he just wanted to show off his setup!
OK People. Enough with the arguments, and stop tearing through wikipedia. People have thier own opinion on AWD cars drifting, and there is no real fact. I have an HPI Racing Drift car, and even though it is AWD, it still drifts. 'Nuff said. Powersliding involves NOT using the handbrake to slide, but drifting is done by pulling the handbrake. Go ahead, rant all you want, but this is rediculous
Quote from skylinekid :OK People. Enough with the arguments, and stop tearing through wikipedia. People have thier own opinion on AWD cars drifting, and there is no real fact. I have an HPI Racing Drift car, and even though it is AWD, it still drifts. 'Nuff said. Powersliding involves NOT using the handbrake to slide, but drifting is done by pulling the handbrake. Go ahead, rant all you want, but this is rediculous

Drifting is by using the handbrake? lol

And you can drift with AWD although it isn't officially called drifting as it isn't RWD, but i will just call it drifting.
Whatever. All this guy wanted to do is share his set. You know, the guy waaaay up on the top of this thread? I am done arguing.
Quote from PoVo :pwnd.

+1! lol...

Quote from Phsx2 :They are stock but, team orange RWD converts their cars as AWD is banned from drifting comps.

Also the bit in bold is an idiotic statement, as i said the front wheels match the driving line of the road. Which has NOTHING to do with angle, if you've ever watched/been to a drifting event you would know that when they enter a turn, the front wheels are always matched to the normal driving line of the road/track.

He's Right ;D if u know how to drift good, u should know that he's right, it's all i have to say, and sorry about that stupid comment
:eclipsee_
funny thread
thought that racers should know this, cus its also an option for FXR, but seems that no one doesnt, at least no one hasnt posted anything like that yet, so if you join LFS, enter pits, take RB4, click on Final Drive section and change Front Torque Split to 5% you almost have your RWD car, almost, but remember that RB4 has 30* steering angle, and you cant drift with that much angle as you do with XRT / FZ5 etc
the rest settings set by yourself, for you own style and bla bla

I would like to share my set, but ive been working on it too long, means no

I hope my advices will help you, somehow, waiting for feedback

RB4 DRIFT setup
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG