The online racing simulator
DiRT 3?
(27 posts, started )
DiRT 3?
Got a free copy of it with a laptop... Videos look half decent handling wise, can anyone tell me how it drives? I'm not expecting a sim, but is it actually fun with a G25?

Just wondering before I download 12gb to delete it 5 mins later...

Thanks
it drives worse then most arcade games.
#3 - JJ72
I don't have a problem with it, it's mostly fun.
Arcade games usually suck with steering wheel, so I played Dirt 3 with keyboard and was a lot of fun. I still prefer the control and stages of WRC 2011 even though graphics are crappy...
I find it utterly unplayable. It's like there's a one second delay between you turning the wheel and the game responding.
It's pointless to play it with a wheel, pretty good fun using a gamepad though.
Is it really that bad? DiRT and DiRT 2 were great fun with the wheel at 360°
DiRT 3 is pretty awesome with my G25/27 on 360 degrees, love the fun and playability of it, FFB is spot on and gives you all the feedback you need, its the perfect mix between arcade and sim to make it great to have friends round and rag the crap out of it.
The Gymkhana side of it is so much fun its worth the RRP alone, have spent many hours throwing the car around with a huge grin on my face.
The mutliplayer also has some very fun modes, car 'tag' in the Gymkhana arena is my fav!
To not try it for yourself fella would be crazy...
It's great fun, decent physics, I played it with gamepad as well.
They say Dirt 4 will be like a sim. we shall see
Quote from e2mustang :They say Dirt 4 will be like a sim. we shall see

Yep, and there's an arcade spin-off of main series - Dirt Showdown.
I found it tons of fun on the 360. Taking all the HUD off, driving trailblazer in the snow is stupid hard but joyful.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Yep, and there's an arcade spin-off of main series - Dirt Showdown.

I'm looking forward to Dirt Showdown, a modern day Destruction Derby
#14 - mr_x
DiRT3 is great fun with the G25 - it's a good mix between arcade and sim, looks amazing too! Running G25 at 400 degrees.

There's a few mods out there allowing any car on any track and another that reduces grip by your own specified amount - I personally use that mod with a 15% grip reduction - makes it feel much better.
Quote from DejaVu :I'm looking forward to Dirt Showdown, a modern day Destruction Derby

Or Flatout. :P

(Flatout 3 is such a piece of trash.. It'll destroy the awesome series )
Quote from E.Reiljans :(Flatout 3 is such a piece of trash.. It'll destroy the awesome series )

Isn't actually "Ultimate Carnage" number 3? This one should be 4, and it already destroyed the awesome series...

And about DiRT 3, I'm playin' on a Logitech controller and it's lots of fun, the graphics are great too.
Quote from matijapkc :Isn't actually "Ultimate Carnage" number 3? This one should be 4, and it already destroyed the awesome series...

GTA 3 -> GTA VC -> GTA SA -> GTA 4
Just saying :P
Finally i'm back from the 3 month ban...

Well, don't know why so many people are complaning about the driving on dirt3, of course it's not a simulator, but it's not bad, not even close to be as bad as NFS carbon, NFS undercover, etc...

If you use the correct settings, you can have lot's of fun even with 900 degrees as you can see in my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDQjKkNvknw
Quote from Specht77 :Finally i'm back from the 3 month ban...

Well, don't know why so many people are complaning about the driving on dirt3, of course it's not a simulator, but it's not bad, not even close to be as bad as NFS carbon, NFS undercover, etc...

If you use the correct settings, you can have lot's of fun even with 900 degrees as you can see in my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDQjKkNvknw

HMM...

That looks pretty fun to me!

I wasn't sure reading some of the other comments but I think I can risk it, thanks for the video
Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 are keeping me for a long time now, it has perfect level of arcade, not NFS, not something totally utterly stupid to play. Perfect fun for those times when you have nothing else to do/to play. + It's optimized for PC quite good.
Dirt1 - physics is bad and cars weigh like a bigmac.

Dirt2 - great physics, "arcade but belevable" OR "correct but simplified", all the tricks that work in RL works, can use the weight of the car to flick or use weight of the car to get stability in the high speed stuff. "I can't beleve this is Codemasters"

Dirt3 - horrible physics like Dirt1, no need to use the break pedal EVER, car weighs like a lollipop so hairpins are taken more or less flat out with a touch of the breaks and hand break to spin around. "Same old Codemasters"

Also the menu system is slow as an UF1 with cool effects that are cool the first time and annoying the second, and a long unskippable cut scene before and after every race.

Edit: tried to run Dirt3 with wheel, just annoying the FFB is a scam and why use pedals when they are full on or nothing anyway.
Pedals are not on or nothing, check your dead zone and sensitivity settings
It is more fun to play it with a gamepad. The wheel just dosn't feel right.

DiRT 3?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG