The online racing simulator
Life is short. Be careful!
(13 posts, started )
Last night, a friend of mine got killed in a car accident and another friend is in the hospital with serious head injuries. There were three people in the Subaru Impreza wagon and the person driving the car was trying to have fun on a mountain road and lost control. The passenger side of the car hit a rock face. Not sure how fast he was going but it was enough to kill. It had been raining earlier in the day so the roads were still wet in places.

The driver was a friend and he survived with minimal injuries. I really wish that I talked to him more before he got himself into trouble. He loved cars and was trying to find a car that he could have fun with. I always thought that he would learn by losing his drivers license or by wrecking and learning that he is not as good as a driver as he thought. Now I wish I talked some sense into him when I had the chance. I really wanted to take him somewhere empty and teach him how to drive but I kept putting it off. I guess I just never thought that he would do something stupid like this and get someone killed.

You never know when it will be the last time that you will ever see someone. Don't hold back from talking to a friend because you think you can do it another day, you may regret it later. I sure as hell do.

Please be careful and drive safely. It may be fun to blast through public roads pushing the limits but it never a good idea, but if you are going to do it at least be alone in the car! Don't take someone with you, it makes everything worse. Track days are cheaper than a life!

This is the second friend that I have lost in the last two years due to car accidents. Enough is enough. Pay attention to what you are doing and for god sake don't do anything stupid!

Be careful and pay attention.
agree 100 %

sorry for the loses but sometimes its stupidly inevitble... which annoys me even more... but i suppose thats another thing ill have to learn to live with.
If I would die, I wouldn't care that much.

I mean, death is something I want to avoid as long as possible, but I don't know what it's like, so that doesn't matter to me.

It's not that I taunt death by racing or anything, though.

When someone else dies, yeah, that sucks.
Especially when it turned it it was evitable.

You just have to balance everything out.

Do cool stuff and maybe live shorter because of bad luck.
or
Sit in front of your computer and live a tad longer (or die because of malnutrition or heartattack or w/e).

Anything can happen, so just fcuk it, I would say.
Quote from skstibi :
Please be careful and drive safely. It may be fun to blast through public roads pushing the limits but it never a good idea, but if you are going to do it at least be alone in the car! Don't take someone with you, it makes everything worse. Track days are cheaper than a life!

Eh, i think if a person gets in the car knowing full well what the drive is about to do, they accept the potential possibilities of what may happen.

At least, thats what i do..
A mate of mine rolled his supra while we were chasing him in an rx7, we had to dodge him at a bit over 100kph mid-corner... was a close call, and before the drive i had decided to go with the rx7, and im glad i did after seeing how the passenger side ended up.

If i had of been seriously injured that night, i wouldn't blame anyone but myself for it, since it was my decision to get in the car.

And i always say that to people i drive with, so if anything ever does happen they don't feel guilty etc

Quote from BlakjeKaas :If I would die, I wouldn't care that much.

I mean, death is something I want to avoid as long as possible, but I don't know what it's like, so that doesn't matter to me.

It's not that I taunt death by racing or anything, though.

When someone else dies, yeah, that sucks.
Especially when it turned it it was evitable.

You just have to balance everything out.

Do cool stuff and maybe live shorter because of bad luck.
or
Sit in front of your computer and live a tad longer (or die because of malnutrition or heartattack or w/e).

Anything can happen, so just fcuk it, I would say.

Agree so much.
I guess I am kind of hypocritical. I don't give much of a damn about what happens to me but I don't want to see anyone else get hurt even if it is their own doing.
I may do stuff that people consider crazy, but if I have someone else in the car, I am not going to risk their lives. If someone is going to die, at least give them the chance to do it in their own way.

Personally I have taken cars through mountain roads going as fast as it would take and that includes coming out of corners sideways with the front end pointed at the edge of a cliff. Heck, I have done that on dirt roads with dirt-bikes too. I will never do any of it with passengers, I don't want another persons death on my hands if something goes wrong. I don't care if they knew what they were getting into or not, if I get someone killed, I am going to feel guilt.

I don't ride with people in cars if I can help it. I don't trust anyone. I have almost been killed by other people who I thought were friends. Now every time I take off my shirt I have the scars as a permanent reminder to never trust anyone. I want to die by my own hands doing something I love and I have come close more than once.
I have one rule about doing shit stuff with cars.

If you wanna kill yourself, do it in safe places, with noone else in or outside the car.

I'm really sorry about your friend and more about those, who died, but he brought it on himself. Your only hope is, that he learns from it now.
I have friend, who drove drunk, crashed few times, injured others, but didn't change his driving a bit.
Quote from skstibi :
I don't ride with people in cars if I can help it. I don't trust anyone. I have almost been killed by other people who I thought were friends. Now every time I take off my shirt I have the scars as a permanent reminder to never trust anyone. I want to die by my own hands doing something I love and I have come close more than once.

Couldn't say that better.
#9 - Might
Sorry for your loss. It is exhiliriating to drive a car in its limits, but sometimes it comes with a cost..

But i disagree on one thing, if you are on public roads, you are never alone on the road. So just by not taking anyone with you, it doesn't mean you will only be risking your own life. These days there is traffic everywhere, pedestrians, cars you name it. Of course you can say i drive on empty mountain roads, but I've come across many cars in places i would had never thought of seeing one.
Quote from Might :Sorry for your loss. It is exhiliriating to drive a car in its limits, but sometimes it comes with a cost..

But i disagree on one thing, if you are on public roads, you are never alone on the road. So just by not taking anyone with you, it doesn't mean you will only be risking your own life.

Yeah come on guys show some respect for your fellow road users, save your fun for the track.
Quote from Might :But i disagree on one thing, if you are on public roads, you are never alone on the road. So just by not taking anyone with you, it doesn't mean you will only be risking your own life. These days there is traffic everywhere, pedestrians, cars you name it.

Can't agree with you more.

Sadly people will push and push beyond what could be considered safe on public roads... they might not value their own, but might end up hurting innocent lives.
My uncle had a similar experience in his brand new 1970 challenger in high school. His passenger didn't die, he sustained brain damage and is now retarded. There is a fate worse than death.

I hate seeing shrines on the sides of roads, I wish people would be aware that driving a car is the most dangerous and technically difficult thing they will ever spend a lot of time doing, so they had better be damn good at it.
Sorry for the bluntness that follows but, as i have seen time and again, it always seems that the driver who was, now lets be honest, the sole cause for any giving it large in a car and then it goes wrong kind of accident.

They seem to be the ones out of any given car wreck that get out of a wreck with little or no injury, despite them being the person behind that steering wheel acting the billy big bollocks, they never seem to come off worst do they, no, coz they kill and injure their oh so precious cargo of other human beings by acting like a twat on the road!

Sorry about the bluntness in this post, but its how i feel, stems from back in 2001, long story short, one 16 year old girl dead at the scene, a 19 year old girl passed 3 days later due to massive head injuries, and one 18 year old girl who was put in a wheelchair and was told she would never walk again due to spinal injuries, she has defied the odds somewhat and can now get around on crutches but her life will never be the same again.

And what did the driver come off with? fractured jaw and a broken elbow, he got 3 years inside for it, but it doesnt bring sara or lisa back does it, or jess having been through no less than 8 operations in order to be able to even leave her house, her quality life has been forever diminished by some dick head thinking he was a race driver, she'll never be right again.

Needless to say all these people were quite good friends of mine.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG