The online racing simulator
LFS is Boring why ?
(63 posts, closed, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :
Because this is all AutoSimSport can say.

Which issue is that?
Lately it became my hobby reading LFS related rants on the internet
Quote from Chupacabras84 :Which issue is that?
Lately it became my hobby reading LFS related rants on the internet

The one that was just released. Great read about Assetto Corsa in it at least.
The answer to this question is that people are no longer willing to put up a strong effort to make it exciting.
Quote from PMD9409 :Great read about Assetto Corsa in it at least.

Also page 48 worth reading (ctrl+F LFS) If you reading pdf.
Quote from Cornys :people are no longer willing to put up a strong effort to make it exciting.

LFS feels fine yet, the surroundings are boring, there is not enough cars and tracks and whole development process concentrates on tire physics only ignoring every other aspect of the sim.
And mods which would provide new content and variety are forbidden (in b4 split the community, bad quality, etc as an argument against modding).
Simply put there is nothing exciting about LFS.

It looks merely decent, tracks are bland, empty and boring, it feels rather good but there is no sense of speed, no feeling of the raw power nothing that would make your hand sweat on the wheel, online most of the time people hotlaping instead of racing, and even FFB is very basic (Nowhere close to new realfeel for rfactor)

So as for now its more of a tech demo than a proper full fledged sim, its fine to make a few laps, drift a bit, look at flexing tyres but its not enough to keep me occupied for months or years.
I know about page 48, where you think I got that image above from.

LFS only needs tracks, because so many things haven't even been touched yet.
Contemplating whether I should upgrade to S2 or not.

Imho, the feeling or rather the perception of speed varies between people and setups.
Setup your camera to turn with the head and shake with forces it is subjected to. Then make your suspension rock hard and go for a drive. There will be a difference.

Granted, game needs more content. But how many other games like this are there? For a start most sims feel like they have infinite understeer fitted to every car. Its like driving about with a dead horse attached to the front of a car.... terrible.
Or you can play arcades in which speeding at a steady 300kph you can do a U-Turn then smash 50 police cars and go hide your fluorescent pink Lambo in a shed.

Its kind of in a class of its own here..... from my point of view.
Quote from GROOV3ST3R :
Granted, game needs more content. But how many other games like this are there?

Well for the beginning every sim have its own feel so there is no "other games like this" exist.
Quote from GROOV3ST3R :
For a start most sims feel like they have infinite understeer fitted to every car. Its like driving about with a dead horse attached to the front of a car....

There are lot of sims that dont have "infinite understeer" or dead horse on the hood.
But quite honestly there is rFactor with quite a few mods that are pure pleasure to drive (especially new historix.1.9 and touring car legends, F1 of various era and even Trucks Series Racing)
But not looking back there are new sims aproaching CARS, Asseto Corsa, rF2 while I didnt tried personally any of those I believe every one of those will leave LFS far behind (I have hight hopes for rF2 especially).
Quote from GROOV3ST3R :
Its kind of in a class of its own here..... from my point of view.

True but this is why I said its more like a tech demo, its designed to amaze at the very beginning but the deeper you look the less you can find.
s2 is dead. HistorX is awesome, and the insane amount of tracks you can race on rfactor allows innovative league events that make things interesting and exciting.... going to that new track, learning it then beating your buddys or just discussing about it is fun in itself. Everybody memorizes those same LFS tracks and theyres nothing to talk about.... just the same race for the last 5+ years....

why even bring up talk about arcade racing games.... i mean are they even worth talking about..
The only thing that keeps LFS is the community but i feel that people are desperate for the lack of updates and many of them go to race in another sim's....
Quote from bongst3m :
why even bring up talk about arcade racing games.... i mean are they even worth talking about..

Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer ( minus the butchered one ), NFS, DIRT, all those burnouts, splits and alike.
There are quite a few games that are just pure fun and I wouldnt go how arcade is the shitte comparing to oh so realistic LFS or any other sim just because even the most realistic sim its just a game, it might feel more or less right but its still nowhere close the real thing.

And to make things funnier what was considered realistic few years ago will be obsolete sooner or later because there will be some other sim that will push the boundaries and there might be day that even LFS wont be considered more sim than GT series.
Quote from kochomoch :The only thing that keeps LFS is the community but i feel that people are desperate for the lack of updates and many of them go to race in another sim's....

True. The reason why LFS have withstanded the test of time is due to the community, and only because of it.
When going online now there sure is still people playing it and servers online, but most of them are either demo servers, multiclass server (the one) or cruise servers. Seldom I find a server filled with 2-3 people on a random track / car combo.

Hopefully some new tracks will help this, because tbh. I don't give a damn about new physics or the ugly VWS, I just want new tracks to play on
Quote from blondyhere :so... wait a minute...

after 56 years of demo you finally received a S2 license FOR FREE.

And after a month you start a thread that LFS is boring.

Excellent

conclusion -> 3 years of demo is less boring than 1 month of S2
#38 - troy
Quote from PMD9409 :The one that was just released. Great read about Assetto Corsa in it at least.

It's also worth reading the lengthy article about the west brothers racing legends, some parts of it distinctively reminded me of lfs and some parts could be where we are in 5 or 10 years. Also I didn't know that Todd Wasson was involved in that project at some point.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :conclusion -> 3 years of demo is less boring than 1 month of S2

Just to say:

Yes, it is... Lot of people driving at demo servers, but a populated S2 server has the same people as a normal demo one...
Stop whining, people. Enough. It's done when it's done. We love LFS the way it's. We can lift up other sims that are being developed more quickly and effectively, but we all know that they aren't that good as lfs is. They don't have something that LFS has and will never have (speaking of fundamental lfs game characteristics, racing community and so on). I am driving this sim maybe over three years, maybe more and I had never thought about quitting or changing sim, 'cos lfs just holds me and after those years it's the most exciting sim for me (no rFactor, no netkar, no even iR (I have tried all of them so far, so I know what I am sayin')). To conclude this: it would be excellent if we get updates in short time. If not - oh well... We still have amazing sim to drive.
Quote from seniecka :Stop whining, people. Enough. It's done when it's done. We love LFS the way it's. We can lift up other sims that are being developed more quickly and effectively, but we all know that they aren't that good as lfs is. They don't have something that LFS has and will never have (speaking of fundamental lfs game characteristics, racing community and so on). I am driving this sim maybe over three years, maybe more and I had never thought about quitting or changing sim, 'cos lfs just holds me and after those years it's the most exciting sim for me (no rFactor, no netkar, no even iR (I have tried all of them so far, so I know what I am sayin')). To conclude this: it would be excellent if we get updates in short time. If not - oh well... We still have amazing sim to drive.

I want to get a response from developers the approximate date.
All we have see is that in progress report that they wish happy new year. I wonder if is Scawen finished 40% of S3 or less...? Maybe he can answer to that.

In 2011 we see a "blast from the past" and 06B version... Nothing too much. When that happened I was excited for 20days... Today only on cruising and/or few more servers drive open config...

Few people try to revive S2 so they decided to donate S1 or S2 to demo drivers... It is good idea, but without S3 its nothing. I will not drive LFS anymore as a form of protest. I know that you dont care about it, but do you remember this "We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December." 2008. Then "to give you a good patch early in 2009." - nothing from that promise

Then "We are pleased to announce that a new tyre physics model is currently in the testing and refinement stage." - also 2009.

So I am sorry, but I dont want more lies. I want answer when? Not in day correct, but just tell as in which month or year we can expect something?
People are leaving because you dont give any info about progress
Solution: Don't play LFS anymore. No longer boring.
#44 - pmw
I feel so sad about LFS. I love LFS, it's easily best car game ever.
But I don't play it much anymore, it's been boring for awhile, mostly because of the fact: "newer version is coming, and it will probably never come".

I'm gonna quit soon too, but still, best car game ever.

ps. I don't blame anyone.
Quote from M.M.L. :I want to get a response from developers the approximate date.
All we have see is that in progress report that they wish happy new year. I wonder if is Scawen finished 40% of S3 or less...? Maybe he can answer to that.

In 2011 we see a "blast from the past" and 06B version... Nothing too much. When that happened I was excited for 20days... Today only on cruising and/or few more servers drive open config...

Few people try to revive S2 so they decided to donate S1 or S2 to demo drivers... It is good idea, but without S3 its nothing. I will not drive LFS anymore as a form of protest. I know that you dont care about it, but do you remember this "We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December." 2008. Then "to give you a good patch early in 2009." - nothing from that promise

Then "We are pleased to announce that a new tyre physics model is currently in the testing and refinement stage." - also 2009.

So I am sorry, but I dont want more lies. I want answer when? Not in day correct, but just tell as in which month or year we can expect something?
People are leaving because you dont give any info about progress

In case you didn't realize it, people have been complaining about this for several years now. And whining about it is obviously not going to help.
What will going to help?
Quote from M.M.L. :What will going to help?

Stop whining and be patient. Developers want it to be perfect.
Quote from M.M.L. :I want to get a response from developers the approximate date.

Well you wont get that response. No developer in their right mind would give a date, approximate or not.

"When it's done" is the industry standard answer.
Quote from The Moose :"When it's done" is the industry standard answer.

lol, try saying that to some investors its only very small niche where you can pull off something like that
#50 - PoVo

But LFS is not boring.
This thread is closed

LFS is Boring why ?
(63 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG