The online racing simulator
Quote from lEl E Talon : the price of a pack of smokes for an s1 lisence. if anything i think we are ripping the devs off.

Jeeezzz, really? £12 for a pack of smokes? That's incredible.

Thank god for 'imported' 50 gram packs of tobacco at £3.50 a pop. lasts me a fortnight

EDIT...Having said that, I'm two days into giving up again. If I'm a little grumpy on the servers you know why
Jesus christ!! Smokes are $8 in Chicago, Ill, USA. I thought that was bad. I buy a pound of tobacco for $16 get almost 2 cartons out of it.
These whining bastards who still cry about the patch; If you fail to evolve with the game and act like its the end of the world, I would love to see how you cope with your IRL experiences.
Quote from The Radness :Jesus christ!! Smokes are $8 in Chicago, Ill, USA. I thought that was bad. I buy a pound of tobacco for $16 get almost 2 cartons out of it.

That's Cook County for ya. Once you get north of Lake-Cook Rd, you can shave a few $ off that. But yeah, that's pants.. and that tax has more than doubled in the last 4 years.
Quote from lEl E Talon :in the end, we are getting probably 2-3 years worth of a few guys constant hardwork to make the game better and better for only 12 pound. the price of a pack of smokes for an s1 lisence. if anything i think we are ripping the devs off.

eh, methinks your exchange rates are a bit muddled.

12 pounds is more like $26 AUD, so its a bit more than a pack of smokes! smokes here go fer about $10-15 i think (i'm a non-smoker so i dont care). We have fantastic state & federal taxes on ciggies to help pay for the health bills.

But on that point, $52AUD for a game is pretty darn good value (especially one that keeps getting updated like this one). If it were $12USD, well that would be a different story as the yank dollar is down the toilet at the moment.................
they took the prices up to 2-3 Eur per pack and I was shocked...seeing your prices made me even more shocked
Seeing your prices makes me glad I don't smoke
Quote from Damo74 :12 pounds is more like $26 AUD, so its a bit more than a pack of smokes! smokes here go fer about $10-15 i think (i'm a non-smoker so i dont care). We have fantastic state & federal taxes on ciggies to help pay for the health bills.

It's not 12 pound a pack ppl, more like 6.77GBP a pack here in oz. Frankly should be more so my taxes dont go towards scraping out ya lungs ya mugs.
since there are so many poms here i thought id do it in pound to make it easier to understand. my pommy non smoking friend told me smokes are the same there as here but in pounds. (smokes are 10-12 bucks here)
my mistake, its still a cheap game though never seen need for speed changing the game for what the community asks for.
Quote from SamH :That's Cook County for ya. Once you get north of Lake-Cook Rd, you can shave a few $ off that. But yeah, that's pants.. and that tax has more than doubled in the last 4 years.

I live in Kane and I am paying $4 for Camels.
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :I understand, the goal is REALISM.

Yet, the new patch should include two modes:

1) Simulation

2) Arcade

For hardcore fans, I guess, mode 1 its ok, they want to believe they are driving "the real thing".

Still, I play (PLAY) LFS because I like to drive and because I like to play. I have never liked that we have to struggle with setups, on top of that now tyres are useless and we have a clutch that forces us to be "gentle". the ARCADE mode would be as real as the SIM one, but it would not allow for setups, tyres and clutch would last forever and so we would only test our skills TO DRIVE, not to be a mechanic or to believe we are having more "realism".

Again, I like to test myself DRIVING, I like to compete with others to try my skills against theirs. THATS IT, if I want to race a car I would buy a gokart or maybe inscribe myself in a real league.

Sorry for the developers, and Im sure some of you readers will hate me and even (maybe) insult me. But anyway, Im just exposing MY opinion.

I do agree with you
That was one huge bump mate
People are running out of topics.
We can allways make a new "When is S3 released?" topic(s)
Or we simply wait for the monthly incarnation of the 'Where is teh Schikoko' thread
Maybe trying to avoid getting flamed for starting a new thread on a subject already discussed ..... instead ......... flamed for bumping

Original post prolly belongs in "Improvement Suggestions" anyway

@ TRKAC - the devs have made it pretty clear that their focus is making a sim not an arcade game ..... and with only one main programmer, they have priorities ya know. There are plenty of arcade racing games out there ......
Quote from The Very End :We can allways make a new "When is S3 released?" topic(s)

That's due in 3 months, when we reach half of the year, last one is still too fresh.

:lisasimps

MAJOR disappointment.
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG