The online racing simulator
#1 - TRKAC
My custom cam(what do you think about it)
http://s7.postimage.org/q25j6xw55/lfs.png

This is my custom cam,it looks better in the game,I would like to add an black border on the top so it looks like a roof and move the mirror to the right BUT even without that for me it is the best view from any race game

I am using a wheel,and standard cockpit view aint good to me ,it looks strange to see another wheel on the screen and hands(if you turn them off it looks really bad)
With this setup I use "real" gauges and it feels and looks great to me

does someone uses a similar setup? post your favorite custom cam
You can't see shit on your sides... unless you have 3 screens to show the sides.
#3 - TRKAC
FOV is set to 90,but it does seem less
When I drove the road cars a lot I used to set my FOV to about 60, I found I was perfectly capable of keeping track of what was beside me by audio queues and the virtual mirror.

If you have a little experience at racing and some racecraft then having a low field of view is not problematical, and can help you spot apexes.
I am banned from all camera discussions due to the fact that I am a misserable **** who enjoys using chase veiw

My 2 cents:
As long as you find your veiw suitable, fun to drive with aswell that your not an hazard on a track - it does not matter what veiw you use.

For me that FOV is a little low, I would struggle navigating in a field with it, but then again, that's me!
#6 - TRKAC
Quote from The Very End :I am banned from all camera discussions due to the fact that I am a misserable **** who enjoys using chase veiw

My 2 cents:
As long as you find your veiw suitable, fun to drive with aswell that your not an hazard on a track - it does not matter what veiw you use.

For me that FOV is a little low, I would struggle navigating in a field with it, but then again, that's me!

I wish i was like you(because i cant find a racing game with good cockpit view),i used to play with chase cam but now it just feels lame,it aint imersive
since i have a wheel i feel like I am driving a toy car with that view

also the FOV of 90 aint that small,if you were to try this setup in the game comared to the standard cockpit view you would like it more)if you have a wheel
#8 - TRKAC
I dont like that view but ok,I did try to make hood cam but i did not like it

cockpit view to me is still the closest thing to real life view,at least you are in cockpit
Well, everything you can work with and you can drive with is fine. However you should be able to have most parts of you car around of you being seeable, otherwise blindspots can be a hazard to you and other drivers. Actually the same rules apply to views as to positions in real life, just with the difference that you need to fit it to your screen rather then to your physical appearance^^
I use chase so I can see how the car is rotated. I can't seem to grasp the feel of the vehicle outside of chase view because I don't have the forces being exerted on my body that I can in reality. In chase view I can see what I should be able to feel.

Different strokes for different folks.
Quote from TFalke55 :Well, everything you can work with and you can drive with is fine. However you should be able to have most parts of you car around of you being seeable, otherwise blindspots can be a hazard to you and other drivers. Actually the same rules apply to views as to positions in real life, just with the difference that you need to fit it to your screen rather then to your physical appearance^^

That would be nice,but i am using a single monitor so in cockpit view you cant see at the sides like in real life,in default cockpit view you can see trough the left window a little but it does not help much
Here's my setup. The most realistic I could come up with and the one I feel most comfortable with as well. Once I get a new monitor I'm sure I'll be able to see the left mirror as well. I used to use 98 FOV before this and it took me few days to get used to this one after I decided to try something more realistic. Feel free to try it out.
Attached images
xfgcockpit.jpg
If you don't want 50- FOV and hate seeing too much of the interior, this should be the only option.

Used to have very similiar settings before, when a wheel was available.
Quote from TRKAC :That would be nice,but i am using a single monitor so in cockpit view you cant see at the sides like in real life,in default cockpit view you can see trough the left window a little but it does not help much

But you can turn your head in game. Standard for that are the W,E and R keys on the keyboard. Thereby you can look where the cars are around you.
Quote from N I K I :Here's my setup. The most realistic I could come up with and the one I feel most comfortable with as well. Once I get a new monitor I'm sure I'll be able to see the left mirror as well. I used to use 98 FOV before this and it took me few days to get used to this one after I decided to try something more realistic. Feel free to try it out.

this is similar to my setup but now I just use the invisible car cam,it feels strange but at least it is less irritating then other cams in other racing games

like that cockpit cam in nfs shift 2 with all the screen shakes and other effects
I use chase view too... When I try cocpit view, I loose ~2 seconds lol
is there an option to change virtual hud elements? like position of speed meter or to remove that middle thing ?
Quote from TRKAC :http://s7.postimage.org/q25j6xw55/lfs.png

This is my custom cam,it looks better in the game,I would like to add an black border on the top so it looks like a roof and move the mirror to the right BUT even without that for me it is the best view from any race game

I am using a wheel,and standard cockpit view aint good to me ,it looks strange to see another wheel on the screen and hands(if you turn them off it looks really bad)
With this setup I use "real" gauges and it feels and looks great to me

does someone uses a similar setup? post your favorite custom cam

Your camera setup remember how crap was Toca 3 for pc....

Anyway, i use the default cockpit view with 100 fov, you have good awardness of your surrounding and give a "Good" Feel of speed.
TrackIR
Quote from Cornys :I use chase so I can see how the car is rotated. I can't seem to grasp the feel of the vehicle outside of chase view because I don't have the forces being exerted on my body that I can in reality. In chase view I can see what I should be able to feel.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was using chase view for three years. Drove two WRs and I was quite fast with it. I had same problem like you, that I couldnt feel the car. I tried many custom views but I was about 2s slower.
I started to play rFactor and iRacing for a month. Than I came to LFS and decided to drive with hood view. I think, Im faster. And I have mirror
for me now the bumper view is the best,i love that i can set the height of it and other custom cam options
Quote from TRKAC :for me now the bumper view is the best,i love that i can set the height of it and other custom cam options

Have you tried force mode?

My custom cam(what do you think about it)
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG