The online racing simulator
understanding the hardware market
(2 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
hello, I hope you dont mind if I made some grammar mistakes but I need to get some feedback with this issue.

sorry for my bad english, you are warned.

well, I was just googling around some processors from intel, just checking the socket 775 list of processors.

I was thinking, well, is kinda an outdated socket for today standards, the most processors for this socket must be cheap.

well, that is what i thought..

just checking the core 2 quad models, I went to amazon.com and just found that the the prices for those processors are over 300 us$ and some cases are near the $1000 usd price tag.

So..I think this is kinda ridiculous.

Im not sure what kind of variables makes some lineup of processors to get cheaper with time and what kind make their prices to stay at the top...

for example, from the socket 1366, we have the 960+ series (965-970-980-990) and they are still expensive, even with the new socket 2011 around.

there is no doubt that the sandy bridge kills for sure the performance/price ratio. but these prices doesnt get down, why??

of course there are some processors that the price get down with time, I think, those are the ones without the profile of "high end" processors, arent they?

about video cards, this thing is tricky, I was looking for a gtx 470 and the prices were high as hell, around $400 usd, but I found one, the last one in microcenter, with a very good price, $300 usd, so I took it, few days later the prices drops down hard, at least that was what i see in http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

the price drops to $250 usd or something, off course this must be caused because the gtx 560 ti, wich was cheaper and kinda delivered the same performance as the gtx 470 but I couldnt find a site still selling the 470 with the dropped price.

this is kinda crazy, and fast. could you guys give me some advice with this? is crazy lol
get friends who sell them for a living ( or market them ) and well, understand that graphic cards, like most all computer components have a 15 day sell by date until a slightly differant one comes along ( normmal just fans added, expanded fan size, differant color etc )

invest in the best you can, play it till it dies then upgrade.

(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG