The online racing simulator
Galaxy Nexus?
Sure is.

Used to have a HTC and thought I had the full potential of an Android.

...heh.
Nice.
Been pretty happy with my homescreen look for a while, but here's the latest refinement :

Switched to Go Launcher, pretty awesome.

And again..

Stfu.. post is a day later.

This boring one.
Retina
Attached images
IMG_0018.jpg
Funny how each iDevice looks 100% the same while the Android phones look completely different.
Yes they do, I don't see how that's a bad thing though. Can always jailbreak if you want to ruin the perfectly usable and familiar UI.
Quote from Bose321 :Funny how each iDevice looks 100% the same while the Android phones look completely different.

That's called consistency and it's actually desirable for all types of interfaces. If your interface is not consistent, you're doing it wrong.

This is the kind of things you learn when studying design and interfaces.

There are also other things to keep in mind: usability, intuitive design, visibility, visual cues and restrictions, etc.
(It seems like I paid enough attention to my Human-Computer interaction classes )
I'm still not sure about my stand on that, i ridicouled people who mess with their mobile desktop before i bought an Android, and now look at me.. It's addictive, and it's good to have that much freedom but sometimes i think it's better to have one that is universal and good looking, and i'm not sure that iOS is that. Don't like it's icons that much..
Android would be, or could be, consistent across all phones from the factory if the manufacturers didn't insist on adding their own interfaces, touchwiz, sense etc. Comparing android on all the brands with ios on just Apple is a bit daft. If android was only on google nexus phones there would be little or no difference between models, it would also be that bit more bug resistant and reliable too.
just got my droid 4 today, what should and shouldnt i do?

im new to android besides knowing how to use it; not sure what works well and what doesnt, not sure what uses alot of data and what i can get away with keeping as a 'widget'.

best apps? best widgets? i wanna keep everything free because im broke now
You mean apps that don't require internet, or just free apps? All the good ones are free anyway so jump on the Google Play market (or whatever it's called now) and knock yourself out..
For the widgets, i recommend, Minimalistic Text, BobClock etc..
Apps: Unified Remote, Go SMS, PicSpeed Wallpapers, Zedge, Google Translate, Shazam, TeamViewer etc..
Also try some different launchers, i've tried them all and the best and fastest for me is ADW.
what do all of those do?

and i mean apps that are free, and im wondering how much i have to worry with 4gb of data available a month.

thanks for the reply
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm still not sure about my stand on that, i ridicouled people who mess with their mobile desktop before i bought an Android, and now look at me.. It's addictive, and it's good to have that much freedom but sometimes i think it's better to have one that is universal and good looking, and i'm not sure that iOS is that. Don't like it's icons that much..

It seems you're missing the point: I'm obviously not talking about personal modifications to the OS, because these are not designed or produced by the manufacturer and have nothing to do with the OS design and interface. I (and Bose321) was talking about the Android OS and iOS that comes when you purchase the phone from any manufacturer.

Apple being somewhat a very design focused company is always doing their best to apply all design "guidelines" for better interfaces... iOS overall is highly consistent, intuitive and very well designed. Their interfaces are not just random pixels everywhere but textures and virtual representation of the app's real life counterpart.
Quote from logitekg25 :what do all of those do?

and i mean apps that are free, and im wondering how much i have to worry with 4gb of data available a month.

thanks for the reply

Well try them out, names pretty much speak for themselves.. And with 4gb you don't have to worry at all, you can't waste that even if you try hard probably..

@ velociround

I know what you're saying, it's just that i would get bored very easily with iOs look. And funcionality is disputable from the little i've used it, optimisation is great though..
Quote from Velociround :It seems you're missing the point: I'm obviously not talking about personal modifications to the OS, because these are not designed or produced by the manufacturer and have nothing to do with the OS design and interface. I (and Bose321) was talking about the Android OS and iOS that comes when you purchase the phone from any manufacturer.

Apple being somewhat a very design focused company is always doing their best to apply all design "guidelines" for better interfaces... iOS overall is highly consistent, intuitive and very well designed. Their interfaces are not just random pixels everywhere but textures and virtual representation of the app's real life counterpart.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1 ... sandwich-style-guidelines
Mine
Attached images
2012-01-07_19-58-49.jpg

Post your Mobile Desktop..
(555 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG