The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 250: Practice Session 4
Practice Session 4 for the 5th Annual Kyoto 250 will be the following:

Thursday, 15 March 2012
Qualifying: 45 minute window Starting 18:45 UTC
Race: 60 laps + 2 pace laps (62 total) starting 19:55 UTC

If more than 30 attempt to qualify, the fastest 30 will get through to the race.

ONE GREEN-FLAG ALL-TYRE CHANGE PITSTOP REQUIRED.

Discuss! (Protip: This is essentially a simulation of the Twin 115 races)
GREEN-ONE ALL-FLAG TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED PitStop.

I have a question because I'm not sure whether you understand it. Each driver should replace the tire at any race gets called? If I am wrong I would be grateful for the correction of me: D
Quote from edgee21 :GREEN-ONE ALL-FLAG TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED PitStop.

I have a question because I'm not sure whether you understand it. Each driver should replace the tire at any race gets called? If I am wrong I would be grateful for the correction of me: D

It means that you have mandatory pitstop where you change all your tyres. Notice that you may do the pitstop ONLY in green flags.
Thank you
MUST.TAKE.PART.

Otherwise, I'll get afraid of not getting at least 2 Practice Sessions done.
I will probably attend, depends on another race event I'm supposed to do admin job at, but it will probably be cancelled as it looks now ...

- Is the practise session Qual a hotlap quali or free driving qual?
- Reset allowed at quali?
- If more than 30 attending the Q, only the fastest 30 will go further to the race. Does this mean that if you don't make it to the race, this practise session is not counted for those drivers?

EDIT: Deko, might be a good idea to update the "Practice Sessions Register" thread as well ... might be more than me that subcribes to that tread to get a email when the tread is updated in order not to miss a practise session :-)
fuu, i'm away at this time tomorrow... (just like every tuesday/thursday)
Quote from -NightFly- :fuu, i'm away at this time tomorrow... (just like every tuesday/thursday)

+1

Later evening slots on a different day would be great but I know the schedule is fairly tight as it is.
So when is this for eastern americans? I cant convert times to save my life.
Thank you Deko!
# 23 - Why you pushed me on pitroad few laps after first green flag?? I don't want to do pitstop. Next time please watch out, ok ??
# 5 C.Corns when you see yellow flag + voice on TS about it brake... Don't use others cars to slow down !
Lucky 12th after being a lap down for some time.

2nd last lap, I see spinning cars ahead, brake and clear them.

Quote from S_Trucker :# 23 - Why you pushed me on pitroad few laps after first green flag?? I don't want to do pitstop. Next time please watch out, ok ??

I'm sorry for that.... When I looked to the left I thought you would go to the pit as well, I was wrong...
Thanx Deko for this practise session ... hopefully we get more green laps next time, cant understand why everybody has to win the race on the first green lap :detective
Also cant understand the behaviour of the driver that was banging all cars on his side while he was claiming his position and warming tyres on the long yellow flag period around lap 40+ ... stupid

Btw, saw u were discussing time zones, this is the very best timezone page on the web, it has all:
http://timeanddate.com

The meeting planner on this site is the very best I ever seen:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Sure saves my day at work, planning meetings with Sweden, India and Brazil (all with different/none winter/summertime) at the same occasion

CU at next race practise session
I apologize to #50 Holmberg for turning into him on lap 61. I thought there would be a crash in front of me and lifted off, but I went on the inside too much, sorry again.
On lap 24 cars 121 and 333 passed cars under caution heading to pitlane.
On lap 46 car 19 made contact under caution with multiple cars.
Quote from greg_slideways :On lap 24 cars 121 and 333 passed cars under cuation heading to pitlane.

Hmm, thought I was behind the SC at that point... Wait, did I win anything? Ah, that was when my car was smashed anyway...
Quote from greg_slideways :On lap 24 cars 121 and 333 passed cars under caution heading to pitlane.

That's allowed (unless they used the whole pit apron instead of just the inroad before pit lane starts)
Okay, give me a penalty then, as I went round the whole apron, like a normal stop. My left side was damaged enough and I wasn't thinking about it, better than bump into someone because my car feels weird.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Okay, give me a penalty then, as I went round the whole apron, like a normal stop. My left side was damaged enough and I wasn't thinking about it, better than bump into someone because my car feels weird.

You really aren't supposed to use the entire apron except when your car is doing something like crabbing or bouncing all over the shop beacuse of the fake lag when the car is really hosed.

If you have some damage but it's still reasonably driveable, you should stay on track until the exit of turn three, then enter.

Under no circumstances should anyone, while entering pitlane using the apron under safety car, overtake ANYONE on track before they cross the first safety car line, which is the line running the width of the track just at the exit of turn 3.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG