The online racing simulator
I'm tired of 2D grass!
(29 posts, started )
I'm tired of 2D grass!
I want there to be blades of grass that lay different directions when I run them over, and I want my tires (tyres) to dig into the soft Earth and fall between the blades of grass when I crash (or even my roof or fender or anything else).

This 2 demensional grass just doesn't work for me!

I don't know why, but I was hotlapping as practice for the Kyoto 250 just now and the 2D grass on the apron of turn #2 just bothered the heck out of me while I drove by, so I figured I'd share it with you guys and see if anybody else shares my opinions on it
Oval racing - bores the drivers so much that they start thinking about 2D/3D grass.
#3 - Mysho
I share your opinion, but this opinion is absolutely pointless in terms of what's actually going on in LFS development. So basically you have to accept 2D grass for another couple of years. (Maybe forever)
this must be the most useless suggestion ever
There are lots of little graphical touches like you've described that would be nice to have.
Many people quickly write them off as 'eye candy' which I think is wrong, because they add to 'immersion', which in the end, is a simulators main goal.

Having said this, I think LFS has other priorities at the moment, and it's quite clear that the Devs have been working on other things - namely tyre physics and content.
you have to remember that some lfs cockpits are still more or less 2D. they are far more important than grass.
You can easily just make nicer grass textures with some mud and such to make it more realistic.
I kind of wanted to make a point about some of the supid suggestions with this thread. Grass is about the last priority that LFS should have of course, but I'd love to have the grass 3D none-the-less. Not half as much as new tracks and better physics, but it would be sweet.

I just thought that it was an interesting conversation piece. Also, a good check on the state of the community. Lighten up a bit guys
Quote from farcar :There are lots of little graphical touches like you've described that would be nice to have.
Many people quickly write them off as 'eye candy' which I think is wrong, because they add to 'immersion', which in the end, is a simulators main goal.

Having said this, I think LFS has other priorities at the moment, and it's quite clear that the Devs have been working on other things - namely tyre physics and content.

Agree with you and the topic creator, would be nice to see some more details to it.
First off the game would need to get a graphic update and engine update (so it runs on DirectX higher than 7.x), then they could start making 3D trees, grass and other nice features!
Maybe even 3D spectators?
go find a park & jizz over the real grass in the real world of humans where most of us live you can touch it tooooo
Quote from anttt69 :go find a park & jizz over the real grass in the real world of humans where most of us live

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :3D worms and random cats jumping out of nowhere too? tits.

I approve and agrees on both suggestions!
-
(Kid222) DELETED by Kid222 : derp
What about 4D grass?

USB device connected to an LFS outgauge which releases a mixture of grass and mud odor when you plow through the fields of grass?
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Oval racing - bores the drivers so much that they start thinking about 2D/3D grass.

Hey, look at that grass, it's looking a little flat in spots. I wonder what's for dinner tonight. Did I lock the front door on my way out? I think I'm getting a little dizzy...
Quote from cargame.nl :What about 4D grass?

USB device connected to an LFS outgauge which releases a mixture of grass and mud odor when you plow through the fields of grass?

Well, actually I described 4D grass when I said the blades would lay over when you hit them (thus changing them with time)

Add this as well and heck, you'd have 5D grass!
Don't you think its kind of ridiculous that the PLAYERS have to mod the game because the dev's aren't doing anything about it?

This 3 man team bullshit is getting repetitive and annoying. If they actually gave a rats ass about this game, S3 would have been years ago.

I know they are making more than enough money to hire at least 2-3 more people to work with them.
Quote from scoobyrbac :I know they are making more than enough money to hire at least 2-3 more people to work with them.

Please elaborate...
$18 U.S. per license. Right now there is 134 licensed players online. That's $2412 total. Pay like $5 an hour. That's like 4 times a month if they worked on weekends the 4-5 guys would have to work. The more updates that come out the more licenses that people buy. So more income.

It could be done.

I went to school for web design and 3D animation. I did quite a few websites for pro-bono just to add to my resume. Not all has to be done for money also. If its what you love to do, then do it.
Actually, those 18 USD is per minute of online play...

Devs are filthy rich and tyre physics are very easy to simulate.. even on a notebook

PS. BTW, content already released, you just have to pay 13USD for a car and 20USD for a track
Actually, even I have a doubt ( sort of).. When I go on the grass at some reasonably fast speed and hit the barrier at some angle, car spins like crazy.. Is that correct??
Quote from JazzOn :Actually, those 18 USD is per minute of online play...

Devs are filthy rich and tyre physics are very easy to simulate.. even on a notebook

PS. BTW, content already released, you just have to pay 13USD for a car and 20USD for a track

It's almost like we are in soviet russia, we are not allowed to think.
Quote from saurabhpawar2009 :When I go on the grass at some reasonably fast speed and hit the barrier at some angle, car spins like crazy.. Is that correct??

Try it in real life and report back if it need some adjustment please

(but yes, grass in some cases just acts like ice, but very verrryyy bumpy and noisy).
Quote from scoobyrbac :$18 U.S. per license. Right now there is 134 licensed players online. That's $2412 total. Pay like $5 an hour. That's like 4 times a month if they worked on weekends the 4-5 guys would have to work. The more updates that come out the more licenses that people buy. So more income.

It could be done.

I went to school for web design and 3D animation. I did quite a few websites for pro-bono just to add to my resume. Not all has to be done for money also. If its what you love to do, then do it.

There are many, I mean ****ing many people who would do stuff to this game for free. Devs won't let people mod the game and they don't do shit to this game themselves. I don't see their logic in there.
We can't even talk about meep's tweak here because the devs are so far up their asses.
Cornys: Bumpy grass too! More meadow, less golf green

Picking up dirt and getting a little slippy is all well and good, but that's not what happens when a touring-car goes off track - they bounce around all over the place, giving you a 'proper' penalty for pushing too hard.

Quote from farcar :There are lots of little graphical touches like you've described that would be nice to have.

I've only just recently found the setting that allows you to have tyre marks show up in your mirrors... I was absolutely delighted, it had annoyed me for ages that I could only see it on the way in to a corner. I need all the markers I can get
What about add a nudist beach to FE beach's?, i'm tired of see the beach empty...

I'm tired of 2D grass!
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG