The online racing simulator
#51 - 5haz
You have to be careful blaming all these problems on 'the yoof', probably the most important thing I've learnt in the last 5 years of 'growing up' is that there really isn't such thing as 'grown up' people. You might become slightly wiser and more careful as you age, but adults are still almost as prone to bouts of child like behavior as children are. And in the open, anonymous context of the internet that is magnified.
Quote from mcintyrej :Hello friends,

I've been away from this forum for a long time and until I start playing LFS seriously again (not likely) I won't be coming back for good. However every now and then I pop on to see what's going on.

Every time I come on here, I notice one thing. You're all dicks!

This community seriously lacks in any sort of human compassion, any sort of friendly atmosphere - everyone is just trying to get one up over each other and wanting to start arguments so they can win.

It's changed because the bulk of the original inspirational members from early days (RSC) got jack of it all and left. No need to rehash it all, the reasons are blatantly obvious and documented to death. There's a few left (thank god) and they know who they are.

It's easy to share your sentiments, though it seems a bit unfair. I've seen much worse in the console scene.

Rob
I hate all of you with equal deep passion.
Quote from USRacer :Oh stop complaining, the forum aint that bad. Now that S14 is banned, the amount of hateful comments have decreased subsantaully. Suck it up, be a man, and walk it off. And to the person who made this thread. How the hell are managing to communicate with the outside world? Grow some!

Whom ever this guy is obviously has been here a while to know who S14 is, has made a fake demo account and taken advantage of CheerioDM's generosity to score a free license then went online and used hacks.

Yet still has the audacity to come here and say the forum isn't that bad.
Quote from Franky.S :been on 42d multimod and its nice place the few times we were there.

Wait a minute.. Isn't that the place where hackz0rs gather?

Hmm the plot thickens!

Quote from rockclan :But.. somewhere deep down in my hearth, I still love you!

damnit.. Post more... No real adventures lately. Boring
Quote from cargame.nl :Wait a minute.. Isn't that the place where hackz0rs gather?

Why are you doing this?

You have no idea about that server , have you ever visited it? You speak from experience? We ban everyone promoting any hacks on multimod , we use only one tweak called ˝NTO˝ , which is coded to work only on cpw free servers. Its bad your trying to make that server look bad , since it does not affect you in any way. You can ask regular visitors of server and you will see server is far from that spirit your decribing.
#59 - troy
Quote from cargame.nl :Wait a minute.. Isn't that the place where hackz0rs gather?

Hmm the plot thickens

There is an important difference between hacking and tweaking, if you use lfs tweak every normal server will kick you out because you've got modified values for the car you're trying to drive. That means you need to open your own passworded dedicated server where only people with the exact same tweak settings can join, which then allows you to drive against people in the exact same car.

The case of MultiMod, as far as I know, is just in one way special, it allows people to join with multiple tweaked cars, the other rule still applies though if you try to join a normal server with the tweak enabled you will get kicked out.

Tweaking is allowed by the lfs developers, if it is protected by a license check and once the tweak got cleared by the moderators. You're free to discuss about those, post tweak settings or advertise servers running it in the respective forum categories.

The problem is not people tweaking in perfectly legal ways, the problem are people finding out about "bugs" in the way lfs handles it's memory, the best example is probably the famous handbrake cheat which allowed you to go faster with negative values (or something along the lines). These cheats are harder to detect because unlike the usual tweaks they don't directly alter the cars power/weight/tyres.

I hope the whole thing got a little clearer for you because it's not the first time I notice you having problems differentiating between the two very different scenarios.
Quote from Ales_M :Why are you doing this?

They made a video about it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSDj7bjAv2s

When I was in Slovenia last year I discovered that the low sense of humor and the low self-esteem is quite high there. Interesting to know where that is coming from. So what I want to say is that it's probably a culture difference. The French have it too but not as bad (hhmm not entirely sure).

Anyway... When somebody is talking about crashgame.nl then I laugh instead of feeling offended for example.

But seriously this Franky person need to be kept an eye on. He must have cheated himself into [SR].

Hmm the plot thickens!

damnit.. Post more... No real adventures lately. Boring

i dont know

but it great using tweak for slickmod on lx4/6
Tweak is an awesome part of LFS, wish we could utilize it more than we do.
Quote from PMD9409 :Tweak is an awesome part of LFS

Yeah, TBO+slickmod+150hp=<3 and no, not for drift
i did have a idea some time ago to do tweak hotlap league.

make xfg 160hp etc, lx with slickmod and 320hp.

sounds fun to me
Yeah fun...

But is it really fun.. GT0 (500hp or something?) MOE project and LMP BF1 project also failed.

But it's OK to try something new, don't get me wrong.
UF Baby-R used to be a pretty big success, to the point of CTRA creating an exclusive server for UFB-R racing back in the day.
The GTR cars also got GT2 and GT3 classes created out of them, so that pretty much makes the proper racing cars in LFS pretty exploited, but to me it's all the same old stuff now!
Might as well start exploiting the road cars a bit more, maybe even with tweak, since seemingly all restrictions and weight handicaps were tried and had new classes made out of them
Quote from cargame.nl :GT0 (500hp or something?) MOE project

600hp. However it was more of a fail with league format, the cars were actually a blast to drive. It was no different than GT2 or GT3, just in the opposite direction.

Quote :LMP BF1 project also failed.

Conflict of interest in the people designing it. One wanted it to be designed through "rules" (stints must be 1 hour etc) and the other wanted to replicate a real car. However it would have the same league format fail in the end.

Funny actually, the league format fail and cargame servers have similar things in common. Too many classes!
The TBO-StockCar Tweak (TBO, some 800hp and slicks) was also great to drive, but sadly the league ended early. Again the league failed actually.
maybe if just GT1 and GT0?
Quote from Sobis :Yeah, TBO+slickmod+150hp=<3 and no, not for drift

stay tuned :P (minus the extra hp)
Quote from cargame.nl :They made a video about it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSDj7bjAv2s

When I was in Slovenia last year I discovered that the low sense of humor and the low self-esteem is quite high there. Interesting to know where that is coming from. So what I want to say is that it's probably a culture Rdifference. The French have it too but not as bad (hhmm not entirely sure).

Anyway... When somebody is talking about crashgame.nl then I laugh instead of feeling offended for example.

But seriously this Franky person need to be kept an eye on. He must have cheated himself into [SR].

French are epicaly friendly and have an awesome sense of humor when we are on strike we usually love to have fun in community!

Btw I think that drifted a bit from original topic.
I haven't been on in a while, but I haven't noticed this?
Quote from MoMo92i :French are epicaly friendly and have an awesome sense of humor when we are on strike we usually love to have fun in community!

There are indeed some exceptions

Quote from MoMo92i :Btw I think that drifted a bit from original topic.

Yeah... Well...

I don't know. This forum is all about culture differences and not always having the right English words to exactly say in written words what you have to say / share. Even English natives have problems with correctly expressing themselves in written language.

Thats the start of many problems.

But, the atmosphere, I find not that bad as described @post1

You have to read everything here with a smile and now that everybody is about done with kicking the more then dead Scirroco and rally pack buzz.. It's quite OK...
I agree with you. LFS is full of good guys and I had and I still have lot of fun because of that community. Ofc there are some people that take it too seriously,...but they aren't the majority of the community. They are probably speaker louder but they are not LFS.
Quote from cargame.nl :This forum is all about culture differences and not always having the right English words to exactly say in written words what you have to say / share. Even English natives have problems with correctly expressing themselves in written language.

It's often difficult to tell who are the native English speakers here. Take that statement any way you like.

The state of this forum community
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG