The online racing simulator
Wheel Help - Welcome to any suggestions.
Hello Forum!

A friend of mine has had an injury thats preventing her from using the brake pedal for the time being, and therefore cant use her wheel. So i came up with the idea of using Axis throttle, along side with button brake so she can continue to use the wheel without letting it go to waste.

Im having trouble finding out how to do this, so if there are any tech wizz's out there that could give me a hand, we would both appreciate it.

Thanks
Controls> Buttons 1> Wheel Buttons Column > Brakes > Click it, then click your button.
You could get in touch with MadCatX, he might be able to provide a solution.

In the meantime, she could use the combined throttle/brake axes option and get used to it. You can alter the throttle/brake centre reduction value until it feels ok. I gave it a go; its quite awkward tbh. But better than using two buttons on the wheel for throttle/brake, IMO.

Quote from Bmxtwins :-snip-

Throttle/brake can only be used as either both buttons or both axes (or combined axes). LFS won't let you use an axis for one and a button for another (at least I cant think of a way); which I'm sure Xtraction found out before he made the thread!
She cant use brake pedal and what about throttle pedal?
He does say,
Quote from xtraction :[...] using Axis throttle, along side with button brake so she can continue to use the wheel

I asked because if you break two legs, well you cant use either throttle or break.
But I have no idea what kind of leg injury prevents you from using break only, I mean you need only one leg to operate both pedals and if the other leg is good and working then why playing with buttons etc.

Anyway you can try to report combined pedals or (yeah I know you want wheel) but its maybe a better choice to play with PS2/3 pad or anything that have analogue sticks.
Because every other solution I see as pretty much counter-intuitive and she will end up relearning how to play.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Controls> Buttons 1> Wheel Buttons Column > Brakes > Click it, then click your button.

doesnt let you use button when axis pedals are selected.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :I asked because if you break two legs, well you cant use either throttle or break.
But I have no idea what kind of leg injury prevents you from using break only, I mean you need only one leg to operate both pedals and if the other leg is good and working then why playing with buttons etc.

Anyway you can try to report combined pedals or (yeah I know you want wheel) but its maybe a better choice to play with PS2/3 pad or anything that have analogue sticks.
Because every other solution I see as pretty much counter-intuitive and she will end up relearning how to play.

maybe one broken leg/foot? when racing its easier to use both pedals with 2 feet, left clutch/brake and right gas. thats what I do when I race (street driving is right foot only)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG