The online racing simulator
The state of this forum community
Hello friends,

I've been away from this forum for a long time and until I start playing LFS seriously again (not likely) I won't be coming back for good. However every now and then I pop on to see what's going on.

Every time I come on here, I notice one thing. You're all dicks!

This community seriously lacks in any sort of human compassion, any sort of friendly atmosphere - everyone is just trying to get one up over each other and wanting to start arguments so they can win.

I'm not going to type a massive essay as no one will read it but please if you are reading this then consider this.

Be nice.

There's no need to bash people for no reason, there's no need to be rude just because you can - if everyone reading this today makes a conscious effort to be friendly then this community will be a lot better off.

Ciao!
#2 - Sobis
Quote from mcintyrej : Every time I come on here, I notice one thing. You're all dicks!

This community seriously lacks in any sort of human compassion, any sort of friendly atmosphere - everyone is just trying to get one up over each other and wanting to start arguments so they can win.

Hey I always try to be as friendly as possible!
It's true what you say about human compassion.
New guys often get a crash-course on how to behave on this forum and sadly often the first post of some people are their last thanks to an shitstorm of offensive behaviour.

I agree a lot with your post!
#4 - Sobis
Quote from The Very End :It's true what you say about human compassion.
New guys often get a crash-course on how to behave on this forum and sadly often the first post of some people are their last thanks to an shitstorm of offensive behaviour.

I agree a lot with your post!

Well yes, mostly he is right, but he has no right to blame everyone! Find a post where, for example, Silverracer was rude. You won't be able to, because he's a really nice guy and never (at least I didn't hear yet) uses offencive language.
Not only just the new ones, also some old guys from LFS, I won't call names now.
I don't think he was talking and pointing fingers on everyone Because, as you say, it's not everyone beeing asshats, but it is a mayour problem invovling a lot of people.

And as above say, a lot of the problems is due to old members having short temper and going apeshit every time someone asks a question that has been asked too many times before.
Quote from mcintyrej :Hello friends,

I've been away from this forum for a long time and until I start playing LFS seriously again (not likely) I won't be coming back for good. However every now and then I pop on to see what's going on.

Every time I come on here, I notice one thing. You're all dicks!

I'm not going to type a massive essay as no one will read it but please if you are reading this then consider this.

Be nice.

There's no need to bash people for no reason, there's no need to be rude just because you can - if everyone reading this today makes a conscious effort to be friendly then this community will be a lot better off.

Ciao!

thanks for the info, like we did not know already
It's not actually true. There's the odd regular who can be a bit of a pain, but most of the time people are just a bit short with noobs who don't bother to check the existing threads before posting questions that have been answered dozens of times before. Same as all forums everywhere. And in those cases it's deserved as well.
Well most problems transpire from people who couldn't keep their own problems off the track (usually after some racing incident) and decide to bash each other on the forums as well.
Other times it's just the fact that the whole forum riots if anyone makes a post with wrong facts or just posts before really thinking if their post is offensive or not.
I could go on about many other things, such as some people's attitudes but I'd probably end up causing a forum riot if I did
I know I haven't had the best composure when it comes to these forums, but as of recent, myself and my whole team, has made a complete 180 of our attitude on these forums.

Now, not everyone here is a complete dick or troll but there are quite a few here.

I would love to see the LFS community come together and support everyone and have a good time. I personally think we could do soooo much better working together as a whole. Promoting each other, mingling and having big races/events with lots of skilled/novice drivers.

But for all of this to happen, we need to all work together, communicate without flaming/trolling, and organize with some of the largest/willing teams to get some big events going and get to know other teams/drivers.

Does anyone else feel this way?
I think it's because there's not much to talk about, LFS-wise, so it's become a little cliquey. Those who know eachother well probably don't mind a bit of banter, but I can imagine it seems pretty aggressive to newcomers.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think it's because there's not much to talk about, LFS-wise, so it's become a little cliquey. Those who know eachother well probably don't mind a bit of banter, but I can imagine it seems pretty aggressive to newcomers.

You could see the same about LFS IRC channel. It has become forever alone help center, youtube link dumpster with late addition of Starcraft 2 addiction.

So yes, i think you're right. This forum is walking in circles (or running, because the cycles are really quick). Can we has Scorrciicio?
I know the solution - Scavier needs to update this game as regularly as it was done before, because only then will people talk about LFS related stuff and not the bullshit we see here every day these days.

So yeah, please release S3, Rockingham, Scirocco or tyre update (or all) and I think everyone will be nice, happy, satisfied and there won't be any cruel post.
Well this thread made me check my bank balance online and consider buying another wheel. If the local PC World's got a G27 I might buy one but I'm not ordering one online and waiting for them to deliver it, it's now or never!
...it's a real shame, I very rarely post myself.

We all need a big old group hug, and S3 to come out so peeps can get back to racing.
I dedicate my life for this simulator, so in-direct for this community.

I spend almost all my money on the servers, the website, sendingcosts, etc.

I also organize LAN-Parties every now and than, and always include a LFS compo.

I would like to respect every forum-member, but it's hard since quite a lot don't respect me, and it's really diffecult to in return, stay nice.

Also I lead a team, and organize leagues, events and competitions with that. Things such as the -TRR- Championship's where lfs owners could win many nice awards over the past years. This year we ask a little fee to help me with sendings costs.

Also I sometimes sponsor someone a S2 license, or organize competitions to give a S2 away.

Sadly sometimes my choice of demo-user seems to be the wrong one.

I have met several LFS members over the years such as Willem-Racer - Always. - Hoitjes - Niggo - Peterbilt - Averro - vinnylegends

And I would like to meet so many more, to show my enthusiasm for this sim and it's community.

Even, I want to organize a meeting this year in The Netherlands, but I'm not sure if there's any interest.
-
(Æthelstan) DELETED by Æthelstan
Quote from mcintyrej :Every time I come on here, I notice one thing. You're all dicks!

Funny person. Talks about friendly atmosphere and starts off with an generalized and abusive accusation.
Yes I am double posting.
Is everyone a dick during online racing?
Quote from Senninha25 :Well most problems transpire from people who couldn't keep their own problems off the track (usually after some racing incident) and decide to bash each other on the forums as well.
Other times it's just the fact that the whole forum riots if anyone makes a post with wrong facts or just posts before really thinking if their post is offensive or not.
I could go on about many other things, such as some people's attitudes but I'd probably end up causing a forum riot if I did

If you change your avatar and never use it again I will give you credit on your account.
Quote from edge3147 :I know I haven't had the best composure when it comes to these forums, but as of recent, myself and my whole team, has made a complete 180 of our attitude on these forums.

Now, not everyone here is a complete dick or troll but there are quite a few here.

I would love to see the LFS community come together and support everyone and have a good time. I personally think we could do soooo much better working together as a whole. Promoting each other, mingling and having big races/events with lots of skilled/novice drivers.

But for all of this to happen, we need to all work together, communicate without flaming/trolling, and organize with some of the largest/willing teams to get some big events going and get to know other teams/drivers.

Does anyone else feel this way?

We don't have much to work with at this point.
Sorry for flooding.
please stop, I'd hate to see you get an infraction
Quote from USRacer :please stop, I'd hate to see you get an infraction

What you just posted doesn't make much sense.
Are you ready to explain your cheating on those cruise servers.
Please do.
I would hate to see you ruin that great name.
The least you could do is send me a PM.
Quote from rockclan :Even, I want to organize a meeting this year in The Netherlands, but I'm not sure if there's any interest.

If it is mid-/end-year I guess you could get some interest. Especially if you advertise it to the German side a bit.

Anyways back on topic, I also have the feeling that it is getting more and more rude here in the forum, just as general tendency. But sadly I not only notice it here in the forums, but also in the daily life.

I don't think it is something which ultimately has to do with the lack of updates, it also has something to do that people are lacking some stuff in real life and when they come here they bring that lack with them. Sometimes it also is a lack of willing to understand one another. The latest "Force" discussion somehow showed us all of that. The usage of swearwords doesn't improve that at all. I mean, in a heated up post, down in the "Leagues & Events" area after a event which was problematic you sometimes cannot avoid those words, but in General Discussions, they can heat up the topic and ignite the fire. Sadly it happens more and more often. If I recall it correctly, Victor said that everytime someone discribes someone else as "retarded" something dies inside of him. And I can understand those feelings. Also it is not clear to me what is the reason and what is the effect: Is the slow development the cause, and the worse behavior the effect or is it more the other way around? Seriously, I would not be motivated to develop something if the community is so demanding while also being more and more agressive. However, I have the feeling this got a certain mass dynamic.
Quote from Socrates (470-399 B.C.) :The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers.

I thought these forums had become a crappy place to hang out.... then i joined iRacing and it was clear to me that the community here isn't so bad after all

The state of this forum community
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG