The online racing simulator
Looking For A Steering Wheel?!
Basically, im looking for a steeringwheel which must have pedals and a some form of gearstick.. I dont like the new ones with the shift buttons,

They SUCK!

Price range...well nothing outragous!!

driving force pro has sequential shifter.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
but dfp has more possible and adjustable steering lock = more fun
-
Any links guys?
-
Ive heard bad things about the RGT, thats its cheaply constructed. My old Thrustmaster was quite sturdy, but was an average wheel really.
I found this page on the thrustmaster site odd -

http://www.thrustmaster.com/eng/dsp_fam.php?fam=4

Is this true? -

"FGT 2-in-1 FORCE FEEDBACK - The only FORCE FEEDBACK wheel compatible with PC and Playstation® 2"

Another link for the DFP -

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/75536

Absolute bargain when they get more stock.
nope. that's not accurate at all. it might have been the first, but its definately not the only. the DFP, as well as the cheaper DF EX are both FF wheels and both work on the PC and PS2. I'd also imagine that any logitech FF wheel that has a usb connector will work on both.
#9 - Smax
Trust me...the G-25 is very much worth its price tag.
-
#10 - Smax
Without wishing to sound boastful I am part of the G-25 beta test programme, and I have had one since Monday. I have a two year NDA with Logitech which prevents me from writing you an essay,about how goods it is, but what I will say is if you are prepared to spend the money, it's a fantastic product.
-
Is there a way of pluging in to Logitech wheels to get an extra set of pedals?

I have a DFP as my main wheel/pedals but a FF GP which is totally knackered but has working pedals how do you set them up to get 4 pedals, because I guess the profiler doesn't like it?

EDIT - they seem to work together fine in the profiler trying in LFS now.
Smax, where are you in the East Midlands? Can I come round and have a look??

#13 - Jakg
Quote from Smax :Without wishing to sound boastful I am part of the G-25 beta test programme, and I have had one since Monday. I have a two year NDA with Logitech which prevents me from writing you an essay,about how goods it is, but what I will say is if you are prepared to spend the money, it's a fantastic product.

you lucky something!
Quote from Smax :Without wishing to sound boastful I am part of the G-25 beta test programme, and I have had one since Monday. I have a two year NDA with Logitech which prevents me from writing you an essay,about how goods it is, but what I will say is if you are prepared to spend the money, it's a fantastic product.

how did you go about getting in a test programme?
Quote from thisnameistaken : ... Edit: Only guy I've seen around here who has the Thrustmaster wheel declared it decent, but with really poor quality paddles that he had to do a hatchet job on to get them working properly. If you're not an electrician you might want to give it a miss ...

It WAS decent, but then the force feedback mechanism started slipping. I run 100% FFB in the driver and only 40% in LFS so i didn't think I was stressing it too much

I had to disconnect the motor from the system and remove the power to it. Now I have no 'feel' to the wheel at all and i'm having difficulty getting used to it, I didn't realise I drove relying on tactile input so much.

So if you want a second hobby repairing your wheel, get the RGT, but if you just want to race, pick something else
I picked up a MS Sidewinder wheel at a bootfair last weekend for £5. Had a power adaptor in the box as well so I thought it was the FF model - when I got it home it's the non-FF model.........

But hey - for £5 I'm not complaining - beats using KB.

Still not quite as quick with it yet as when using my Wingman Rumblepad - but with a bit of practice.........

There is a bit of play in the bearing - is there any way to tighten this up?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG