The online racing simulator
Winamp
(47 posts, started )
At the password I have to put my admin password no ? What you think why I cant connect ? I tried to run without running the lapper but the same problem , with another port , nothing, without password ... I use kaspersky antivirus, maybe i have to add to exclusion list ?

I doesnt edited nothing but now is shows that error

Quote :Got Invalid IS_VER packet

What version of winamp you use ? Maybe the winamp is wrong at me. I use the latest winamp with LFS 0.6B and I run a dedi server of lfs... maybe this is what is the problem ?
Check the chat log in LFS, LFS doesn't send IS_VER if a connecting InSim app supplies wrong password. Because LFS isn't Unicode aware, your password could be a problem if it contains some non-English characters.
Winamp version wouldn't have any effect on this...
Quote from MadCatX :Since I discovered a rather stupid bug in the app, I eventually decided to reupload it, this time with the option to enter admin password.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37342755/WinAmper2.7z

Please zip an entire folder (a root folder if you like) containing everything in to the package next time - it is really annoying to unzip packages structured wrongly. You don't want to make people check the contents of the package every time they unzip something.
-
(sarxes) DELETED by sarxes
I done everything but doesnt working Idk where is the problem, I tried a lot of things but no one has succes ... :/
It works fine for me. I start LFS, WinAmper and WinAmp (any order is fine). In LFS I type '/insim 29999' and then I click Connect in WinAmper. Works perfectly.
"Everything" is a rather vague description, if you got past the "Connection refused", have you tried it with a blank admin password? It'd be interesting to know how does this work for other people.
@sarxes: At this point it would be interesting if you could try another InSim app you've never used before to see if it would too have trouble connecting to LFS. I'd consider reporting a bug in Qt or something if the problem was specific to WinAmper. It would also be helpful if you could do the testing on a clean install of LFS with no admin password set, because so far I found nothing that could be wrong...
Well I reinstalled the 0.6B and Working ! Sorry for all , but I never thought that I have any problem in LFS ... It was clean or not o.O ? Thank you so much for helping !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one problem I have after showing 2-3 songs the app disconnects. So it shows in LFS : InSim timeout: Winamper
Maybe the problem the song cheking time period is to short ?

I saw that the winamper timeout if the music is longer about 4-5 min ... and if I listen for a 8-10 min song timeout ... maybe this is the reason cuz the app chech the song too less...
LFS sends a keep-alive packet each 30 seconds to check if an InSim guest is still there. It's been my understanding that LFS always wants a reply to this packet regardless of any other communication. I kept Winamper running for about 40 minutes and it was working fine. Your networking stack appears to be seriously messed up.
Quote from MadCatX :LFS sends a keep-alive packet each 30 seconds to check if an InSim guest is still there. It's been my understanding that LFS always wants a reply to this packet regardless of any other communication. I kept Winamper running for about 40 minutes and it was working fine. Your networking stack appears to be seriously messed up.

Do you have any solution for this ? What should I do ?
I'd certainly like to be sure there's nothing wrong in with the InSim communication before I suggest any sort of experiments. It'd be great to have some better feedback than just yours...

The less invasive method would be for you to download Wireshark and log all communication on port 29999 to see if all the packets are getting through.
Quote from MadCatX :I'd certainly like to be sure there's nothing wrong in with the InSim communication before I suggest any sort of experiments. It'd be great to have some better feedback than just yours...

The less invasive method would be for you to download Wireshark and log all communication on port 29999 to see if all the packets are getting through.

I downloaded just I have to know how to set up the app to log this 29999 port, i looked around but yet i dont know how its working.
Just start logging on the loopback interface and apply "tcp.dstport == 29999 || tcp.srcport == 29999" as filter. When you get disconnected, you can save the log as pcap and upload it somewhere.
Quote from MadCatX :Just start logging on the loopback interface and apply "tcp.dstport == 29999 || tcp.srcport == 29999" as filter. When you get disconnected, you can save the log as pcap and upload it somewhere.

I uploadded the log file in rar format so you have to extract. I dont know if you will find anything ...
Wow.. apparently Wireshark cannot capture the loopback interface on Windows for technical reasons, the only other alternative that is said to work is RawCap (http://www.netresec.com/?page= ... ffer-for-Windows-released). I need the loopback capture because this is where all the InSim communication takes place.

I suggest you remove the previous log from the forum as it contains all your network communication, someone might use it to retrieve your login passwords and stuff from that.
Quote from MadCatX :Wow.. apparently Wireshark cannot capture the loopback interface on Windows for technical reasons, the only other alternative that is said to work is RawCap (http://www.netresec.com/?page= ... ffer-for-Windows-released). I need the loopback capture because this is where all the InSim communication takes place.

I suggest you remove the previous log from the forum as it contains all your network communication, someone might use it to retrieve your login passwords and stuff from that.

I dont know how to quit from RawCap its working, just after the Insim time out i dont know how to stop app in way to save to log.cap file because its created but its 0 byte ...
CTRL+C usually works.
I just realized something. If RawCap is returning an empty file, it's probably just not capturing anything. Make sure you're launching it like "RawCap.exe 127.0.0.1 dump.pcap" and try to run the cmd prompt as admin. Windows is unfortunately rather useless for network debugging...
Here is the file

-Link Removed !!!-
Good, thank you.

I believe I fixed a rather tricky bug in the network code, everything should work fine now.

EDIT: Reuploaded to fix yet another possible issue
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37342755/WinAmper3.7z
Hello Mad,

I attached my image, with my question. In LFS chat you could use 95 charachter but Winamper use only 63 or 73 idk ... You could change to 95 , because in that case I could show the whole track title. My another problem is cuz when the track title is short after the song is showed this : Winamp: track title -W. So the "-W" is always after the track name. You could remove it ? ThX 4 your help. All the best SarXes
Attached images
winamp issue.png

Winamp
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG