The online racing simulator
C# Insim with MySQL
(6 posts, started )
C# Insim with MySQL
So it has been a while since I've done any C# or insim work but I kinda got interested again.

I'm basicly interested in making a drift insim that stores its scores in a database which can be shown on a site.

I'm not sure if it's possible with, let's say LFSLapper, so I just asked here.

I can use all the advice and help I can, so any feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance
What i always was hating at LFSLapper(and i guess any other insim that stores scores) is that the score should not be the saved to the track name, but to the layout name. What do i mean with this?

As you are a drifter you know that the most well know track is autocross with many different layouts. If you use lapper it will check/save/load the scores based on AU1 instead of the layout name. That's why i made my own insim long time ago(and still have it; I can give it to you to try it).

It uses MySQL as saving system so if you know php you can simply connect to the database and do anything you want from there.
Yeah, that is kinda a problem for me too.

If you could send it over it would mean a lot to me.

I don't think the PHP part will cause a problem for me. Is the insim also in PHP or in C#?
It is in C# using InSim.Net. I was talking about the php part because you said you want to show the scores to the website. I'll send you a PM with the InSim files.

EDIT: Sent PM
Quote from Bose321 :
I don't think the PHP part will cause a problem for me. Is the insim also in PHP or in C#?

Just switch to PRISM ... Much better then that C# crap
MySQL provide an ADO.NET Driver for use with the .NET Framework. Probably the best thing to do would be to use a LINQ to MySQL provider, for which there are many options, such as Mindscape Lightspeed.

Using LINQ abstracts away the SQL code, so it becomes easy to change database solutions without having to rewrite all your queries, it also gives you compile-time type-checking of your queries as well, which can help prevent many bugs.

Far from being 'crap' .NET actually has a lot of good features that simplify database programming.

C# Insim with MySQL
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG