The online racing simulator
Quote from boothy :You should update your rules then because they explicitly state "Respect blue and yellow flags at all times".

You got a good point here. Frankly, I didn't see it's there but I know the rule in general.
Agreed about rule update being necessary, IF it's actually the desired outcome. IMO allowing passing under yellow is not a great idea at all.
Isn't it common sense?
I haven't seen anybody ever report such thing in any league unless the safety car is out, why would I penalize him? When I was writing that rule I always only thought for others to be careful under blue or yellow flags to not cause any further collision, never really though about the overtaking thing, I know it's the "rule", but almost nobody ever pays attention to that. If that was the rule, I would have to look through the whole race to find each one of the drivers who passed under yellow flag to be fair, which I am not going to do. Especially in this situation, one driver goes full brakes to the ground and turns right, car #102 also goes full brakes and avoid car #91, but then there is a crash. Car #102 was behind you when he braked to avoid car #91. If there wasn't a crash, he might not even have passed you. Also, cars behind him passed him under yellow flag.
I think it would then be car #91 fault for a totally wrong rejoin to the racing line after a crash etc. and causing a yellow flag which could have been avoided if we take the rules like that. To make my point, try not to overtake under yellow flag on purpose (which was not this case), but nobody will be penalized if he does so without causing any mess on track.

But then again, I have already made my point, nobody gets a penalty. I'll change the sentence in the rules to not make further confusion.
Quote from andRo. :I haven't seen anybody ever report such thing in any league unless the safety car is out

I reckon I have, but not going to trawl ancient forum posts to see if I'm right
Quote :If that was the rule, I would have to look through the whole race to find each one of the drivers who passed under yellow flag to be fair, which I am not going to do.

Not at all; admins need only deal with actual protests. If somone can't be bothered to protest an "illegal" pass, no worries. You can deal with other stuff if you so wish of course (I think in this case you're correct, btw, as the intent to nick a place wasn't there.)
Quote :I'll change the sentence in the rules to not make further confusion.

GT2WS @ WE1R. I think there was such a case.
Quote from andRo. :I haven't seen anybody ever report such thing in any league unless the safety car is out, why would I penalize him?

Well I've done it here, others have done it here, and NDR/other leagues will look at it as part of the normal protest response (against the person who protested ).

Quote :When I was writing that rule I always only thought for others to be careful under blue or yellow flags to not cause any further collision, never really though about the overtaking thing

Well most of the time lifting and not overtaking will be the best option - normally when getting a yellow flag you check the map (a bit useless with so many cars though), your mirrors to see if anyone is behind and then lift off to avoid overtaking.

Quote :I know it's the "rule", but almost nobody ever pays attention to that.

So by not penalising someone who has broken the rule, does that make it less or more likely that people will pay attention to it in the future? Does this mean people can pick and choose which rules they can ignore?

Quote :If that was the rule, I would have to look through the whole race to find each one of the drivers who passed under yellow flag to be fair, which I am not going to do.

Do you look through the entire race for avoidable incidents or do you just wait for people to protest in this thread?

Quote :Especially in this situation, one driver goes full brakes to the ground and turns right, car #102 also goes full brakes and avoid car #91, but then there is a crash. Car #102 was behind you when he braked to avoid car #91. If there wasn't a crash, he might not even have passed you.

You might want to watch the incident again as this is clearly not what happened.

Quote :Also, cars behind him passed him under yellow flag.

Now you're just being silly, would you rather each of the four cars behind slammed on the brakes when there's no obstruction in the road?

Quote :I think it would then be car #91 fault for a totally wrong rejoin to the racing line after a crash etc. and causing a yellow flag which could have been avoided if we take the rules like that.

Actually, the yellow flag disappeared once #91 was back on track, albeit he was about 40kph slower than #102. The problem was that #102 could not go right to avoid #91 because he had got alongside #64!

Quote :To make my point, try not to overtake under yellow flag on purpose (which was not this case), but nobody will be penalized if he does so without causing any mess on track.

If you are behind someone and you get a yellow flag, and then you fail to slow down then surely you have overtaken someone on purpose?

I'm not trying to create a massive argument here, I just saw the discussion between you and Flame and wondered what happened.

The problem is, a few days ago you were telling Neil that he would be disqualified from pre-qualifying for accidentally connecting to the server with the wrong name, if he didn't manage to reconnect and fix it. Fair enough, he broke a rule. But then we have a situation where someone else broke a rule, so you have to be consistent.
Yes, I understand that you are very interested in helping me solve the penalties, but did you even read what I wrote? Some of your statements are the opposite of what I meant, but what I didn't say, I don't think you understood my point.

Anyway, sorry, I respect your helpfulness, but this time I will go my way, there is no penalty to any of the drivers in that incident and that's my final decision. If you want, you can call it as my mistake in the rules if that will make you somehow feel better.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG