The online racing simulator
Round 5 - Aston Cup Circuit (AS22) - Drivers' Briefing & Race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

Welcome to Round 5 of the Super GT Series, and welcome back from the winter break!

We have a number of things to discuss before the racing gets underway, so have a look at the categories below:

1. Rule changes

There has been one major rule change since Round 4. Please see this post for full details. The full rulebook is available here.

2. Start Procedure

The start and restart procedures are unchanged from Round 4. Remember that SC speed is always 60mph/100kph.

As usual, we will be asking the polesitter in each class which side of the grid they prefer to start from.

Also, the GT500 leader should keep Rule I2.2 in line:

Quote :2.2) After crossing the restart line, the leader may return to full race pace. Once the leader has returned to race pace, the green flag will be displayed.

3. Weather

Per rule B4, a random number draw is used to determine whether low wind will be used. If the number drawn is odd, wind is used; if even, wind is not used.

The number drawn for this round was 19. Therefore, LOW WIND will be used in the Qualifying Heat Race, as well as the official Quali and Race sessions.

4. Penalties

In the Super GT Series, all protests are ruled upon after the event. Post-race penalties may be given in the form of time penalties, points penalties, grid position penalties, or deferred DT/SG penalties. Post-race time penalties will be as follows:

DT: 13s
SG: 25s

5. Qualifying Heat Race

The grid for the Qualifying Heat Race is as follows:

GT500:

1. CoRe Racing 2. LFS France
3. South of Heaven 4. Cookie Monster Racing
5. Spirit Racing Team 6. Team Vires
7. iNf!N!tY*SkillS 8. Wicked Racing Team

GT300:

1. Mafia Racing 2. Tiger Express Motorsports
3. Scuderia Gas Racing Team 4. Glowing Pistons
5. Conquest Racing 6. Team Vires
7. Last Lap Motorsports 8. Hellenic Racing Team
9. Segra RACING 10. Bulgaria Motorsport Team
11. Worldcrashleague

The top 5 finishers in each class will be allowed to participate in the official qualifying and race sessions.

*** If you do not finish in the top 5 in your class in the Qualifying Heat Race, DO NOT attempt to participate in qualifying. ***

Please keep Rule F5.1 in mind:

Quote :F5.1: Protests may be lodged regarding incidents that occur during the qualifying heat races, but these too will be judged after the event has been completed. Penalties resulting from these incidents may range from grid penalties, to points penalties, to exclusion from the feature race results.

6. Qualifying Servers

We will use two qualifying servers, one for GT500 and one for GT300:

Super GT Series = GT500
Super GT Series Backup = GT300
PLEASE NOTE:

Use of the runoff area in the final turn is NOT allowed during qualifying. Drivers should not go beyond the cones, and should NOT stop in that area.
Sorry for withdrawing, spectated because of PC issues. I hope I didn't cause any trouble.
Sry WW.
Thank you #77 SpdoRacing GT3 for blocking repeatedly before colliding with us, despite being a lap down.
Sry WW.
Oh bad luck for CoRe
#8 - CSF
Quote from vipex123 :Thank you #77 SpdoRacing GT3 for blocking repeatedly before colliding with us, despite being a lap down.

They were not a lap down there was a server issue.
Epic, I consulted tracker and it said 1 lap down when they were fighting with us.

EDIT: Yeah server fail made us loose fuel, can we have a lap as well?
#10 - CSF
We announced the issue on the stream. Surely it entered your head at some point that something wasn't right, and that it was a bit odd how the dominant leaders were suddenly a lap down, but maintained track position?

Server issues do not cause brain fade.
Not everybody watches the stream Chris.
Quote from vipex123 :Epic, I consulted tracker and it said 1 lap down when they were fighting with us.

EDIT: Yeah server fail made us loose fuel, can we have a lap as well?

Ahaha, 2 JOOS errors, 2 timeouts. In pits. I think we win in that side, from 2nd to last
#13 - CSF
The strange thing about Joonas' timeout thing was it then said he'd taken over the car... wtf...
First said "Host full" for 10 times and when i finally got in, it kicked me out. Same happend on driver change, i was fast enough to press the T before timeoutting.
When I was trying to enter the server it was full. Then Isaac couldn't handle the car to me, and we were shouting at TS Creepy little race, with a puncture even.
Quote from vipex123 :Not everybody watches the stream Chris.

The issue was also discussed in IRC - if your team had an active representative there you would have known also.

HAHAHAHAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I failed and thought that the discussion started before your incident, I hear now it was after and that's what got us wondering.
Just calculated the points, very unofficial. May include mistakes, but probably not.

Western Wolves 97
spdoRacing 79
TDRT 72
Conquest Racing 53
Gravt 51
Team Race-Star 49
GenR 42
Team-Reality Racing 33
Piri Motorsport 31

Western Wolves 85
VorteX Motorsport 84
Core Racing 69
GenR 67
spdoRacing 67
i had to race with most 9fps..
Quote from Franky.S :i had to race with most 9fps..

I had more, 6 more to be precise. May this track never show up in another event.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :First said "Host full" for 10 times and when i finally got in, it kicked me out. Same happend on driver change, i was fast enough to press the T before timeoutting.

We are trying to find out what is causing it.

I think it's an InSim issue. Server needs a clean restart before every serious race too actually because .. I don't know.. Some strange netcode bug in LFS -maybe- , not always cleaning TCP buffers..

Right now there is a ghost guest on the server...

The server itself reports queue:1 but there is nobody and the hostXXXX.txt file (=server) also reports guests=0 ... Conclusion: weird.

Like I said, I think its an InSim causing this, I know from experience those InSim programs can f. things up.

But Scawen (you probably don't read this, but anyway).. Netcode on disconnect/connect/spectate/pit could be improved a bit too... Hmmm

I was asleep during this race, sorry. Just got back from hospital and not in full power back yet. (get well soon, yadieya, yesyes... I know )

Admins need to be able to init a restart by themselves in case I'm asleep ( ) so I will work on that for next time, OK.

Thanks for your efforts, cargame. It's really appreciated.
Anyone got the replay from the race?
It's on spdo.
Quote from Robendo :
• The correct lap: 34 GT300
• The cars (/teams) involved: 51, 14, 69, 17, 77
• The lap/sector/time: 34 GT3, SC2, 1:00:15.00 replay time
• And a short description from your point of view: 14 divebombs 69 into T3 and brakes too late, which causes them to have contact and 14 spinning to a stop on the race line. 14 then instead of turning right on to the grass to recover starts moving straight over the road causing 51 to hit 14.

I'm sorry, our car #14 was stopped to let pass riders left and right, you might have avoided, as did the others. You didn't take care of the yellow flag. Our car move a little bit, but your car would hit our in any case. It's clear watching your line and your speed.
Maybe next time we will use shift+s how do in real racing
Just kidding, sorry again

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG