The online racing simulator
Demo servers' big problem
(23 posts, started )
Hello everyone. In this thread i want to tell ,what's the situation on LFS servers for demo users. Notably the thing is serious. Mainly of Turkish nationality players are terrorising these servers. Usually they are:
-making multiple accounts
-banning for no reason
-spamming
-crashing
-using speed hacks
Unfortunately it is everytime when i connect to any drift server. I don't have idea for solution ,and I'm quite scary what will be in future ,because it goes worse day by day :/ Usually terrorised servers are:
-indefighter.com Drift
-Actual Linux Server DRIFT
-Estonian Drift Server
By "clans" named:
- V-Tech
- Royal[TR]
- Illegal
-and others
It's for real big scale
Well, putting everyone from the same country in the same bout is kind of wrong

But, I understand your frustraion, the level of competition / standards on the demo servers can be pretty low. Your best sollution is to contact the people who runs the server, and tell them what's going on.

When that is said, if you buy an lisence, you most likely won't experience such behavour on a lissenced server. Sure, there are some a-holes here and there, but the mayority is nice people. Also, it' often easier to reach the people running the server, so you can report troublemakers and make the server clean.

Edit: I know you like drifting, but it seems drifting has some.. rather interesting peopel around it. Why not try a racing server and see if the people there are different? =)
What he said. ^ (not the edit part)

+ in S2, there's lot of good people from Poland, which you probably know. That is one of factors to consider buying full version, demo is too anonymous.

E: Actual linux server is czech actually, so if i could pull some strings, i might be able to handle it there from time to time.
#5 - Ped7g
You may also want to persuade your other LFS friends to meet on the same empty server in reasonable count, so in case some weird players show there, you can kick them by vote.
If you don't have LFS friends yet, get some, there's lot of nice people around, check maybe national forum, or if you have some friends from other games, they may be willing to try out LFS (after all demo is free and small size to download and works on quite weak HW very well, so there's low entry barrier).
-
(The Very End) DELETED by The Very End : Duplicated post
About joining a server and kicking random people, please don't do that. It only causes confusion and harm within the community.
Create your own servers, or fill up others, instead of kicking and controlling a server by force.

If you have questions regarding establishing of a server there is a whole sub forum with information and people willing to help you on the way
Quote from The Very End :About joining a server and kicking random people, please don't do that. It only causes confusion and harm within the community.
Create your own servers, or fill up others, instead of kicking and controlling a server by force.

If you have questions regarding establishing of a server there is a whole sub forum with information and people willing to help you on the way

How about another XRT derby server on KY1? D: Or an event for it or so? D:

Sorry for offtopic.
Maybe maybe, I think we have to wait for the new patch to arrive, so we have enough people around

Sorry for the off topic!
Unfortunately ,I'm saving money for real driving license ,so if it will be possible to buy S2 license ,it could be way later. And I don't generalize ,but sadly mainly Turkish are making chaos there Actually 45-people team where I belong (yea ,big group) is going to make our private server
And that's the 2nd best solution!
Quote from Kamikaze94PL :Hello everyone. In this thread i want to tell ,what's the situation on LFS servers for demo users. Notably the thing is serious. Mainly of Turkish nationality players are terrorising these servers. Usually they are:
-banning for no reason
-spamming
-crashing
-using speed hacks
Unfortunately it is everytime when i connect to any drift server. I don't have idea for solution ,and I'm quite scary what will be in future ,because it goes worse day by day :/ Usually terrorised servers are:
-indefighter.com Drift
-Estonian Drift Server
By "clans" named:
- V-Tech
- Royal[TR]
- Illegal
-and others
It's for real big scale

Mate the best thing what you can do is to buying an S2 License, because you won't founding that problems.

Greeting Mate!
@joordy599 look to post #9
why not make your own server than you wont have any problems with hackers
The Very End: I wrote EMPTY server. Not to kick random players from some server to make it empty. Anyway I agree with you.
Ah ok, re-read your post and got confused a little at first, sorry
Quote from Kamikaze94PL :Hello everyone. In this thread i want to tell ,what's the situation on LFS servers for demo users. Notably the thing is serious. Mainly of Turkish nationality players are terrorising these servers. Usually they are:
-banning for no reason
-spamming
-crashing
-using speed hacks
-indefighter.com Drift
-Estonian Drift Server
By "clans" named:
- V-Tech
- Royal[TR]
- Illegal
-and others
It's for real big scale

Don't forget terrorism and weapons of mass destruction from your list.
i was on that server about 2 nights ago and they vote banned me for minding my own business...

they where also bragging about the use of nos and such, We have to set up a troll/sting operation on these guys...
y so serious?
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless and inappropriate post
Best thing would be to remove online from the demo altogether...

When did LFS become freeware, With a few extra options available if willing to pay an optional fee?
Quote from Foilpact :Best thing would be to remove online from the demo altogether...

When did LFS become freeware, with a few extra features with an optional fee?

Without online access, the demo is a demonstration of what exactly ?
There is pretty much nothing to do offline in LFS.

July 2003.
Quote from Bean0 :Without online access, the demo is a demonstration of what exactly ?
There is pretty much nothing to do offline in LFS.

August 2002 I think.

Physics, If its online racing u want then there are plenty busier places than LFS... 2012 n all tht...
I encountered the same problem on that server, a Turk started the ban vote and all Turks complied, maybe it's a national mob mentality I do not know . I was just looking for some no fuss fun and it was the most populated server at the time
#23 - CSU1
Demo servers are what they are...until a patch comes out just drive as normal - you'll find that no amount of mods can get you around a corner quicker than a good driver.

France Pro Crash is a lot of fun imo. Mainly because it simply embraces the awful state of demo servers in a fun way, yes there are modders but it's still fun.

Just be super defensive when racing though, I simply let the modders pass me before a turn ... works 90% of the time

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG