The online racing simulator
Gtr 3
(44 posts, started )
It does sound good. Beats LFS (although it's not so hard to beat)
Quote from ATHome :So you either have a crappy soundsystem or you've never played an game back from that time.

nope, full dolby system here, with earphones in the jack it sounds better, maybe its my stock set-up ( with standard eq, no need for extra anything, being " Austrian " about it gives me the best results )
Quote from 5haz :Perhaps instead of trying to create engine sounds by crudely blending together looped samples of real recordings and varying their pitch in relation to engine revs, developers could attempt to sythesise the individual tones an engine creates throughout its rev range, and the simulator could use mix the tones to create a more detailed, dynamic and seamless engine sound. It'd probably be quite taxing on computer processors though.

I've played with samples of different engine pitchess but you cannot overlap them, the sound is not a constant tone it has peeks and falls and you have to match them for the technique to work, and they are by their nature impossible to syncronise because as the pitch increases the peaks get closer together so the only solution is to use synthetic sound which would result in an overly complex simulation that sounds like a wet fish like LFS.

I dislike LFS sounds, looking back I do wonder how much the artificial syntheticness of the sound put me off driving the game, I think it might have been quite a noteable factor.

I do understand that some people rave over the sounds in LFS because they are "simulated" and therefor must be "better". But I race with my heart not my head so all I hear is the noise of a housefly bouncing around a tin can inside a foam lined sealed cardboard shoe box locked in a cupboard the other side of the house.

To my ears mocking GTR for it's sounds is like saying "hey guys, see this massive improvement? Well we don't want it and we are going to mock it because it's not dressed in our team colours.".
Quote from Becky Rose :I do understand that some people rave over the sounds in LFS because they are "simulated" and therefor must be "better". But I race with my heart not my head so all I hear is the noise of a housefly bouncing around a tin can inside a foam lined sealed cardboard shoe box locked in a cupboard the other side of the house.

To my ears mocking GTR for it's sounds is like saying "hey guys, see this massive improvement? Well we don't want it and we are going to mock it because it's not dressed in our team colours.".

I think you actually don't understand. Besides that noone says it's better than "real sound", it's the simple fact that all different factors blend in very well; it feels alot more natural. It's like you said in the beginning, the tone is not constant, but thats often how it is with sampled sounds.

For me this teaser is nothing, but sounds taken of from your regular broadcast. For all we know this could be just that. All it's supposed to do is simply hyping another full price title with your every year graphics-effects-update.
The sounds 'sound' horrible imo.
It can't be worse than rF2.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :It can't be worse than rF2.

Difference is, the Megane SOUNDS shit in reality. They got the sounds spot on (internally anyway). [with rF2]
Quote from BlueFlame :Not much difference between those sounds and the teaser to be honest....

Obvious troll is obvious.
Quote from ATHome :Obvious troll is obvious.

Hey, I'm being serious don't you know?
I clearly need sleep. Goodnight.
I still like you!
That audio clip of Vette is really really really poor. It's no different to the Morgan in GTR1/2.....

Gtr 3
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG