The online racing simulator
XF GTI Burnout Sound Missing
(11 posts, started )
When I do a burnout with the XF GTI I don't hear the tires screeching, only when I lock up the wheels to brake or when I turn very hard.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
I'm sorry, was that sarcasm? :-) You could have said that the frequencies are are out of the range of human hearing, but I think that can't be the case because I can hear the rest of the screeching sounds.

[sarcasm]Anybody else feel like leaving a witty remark[/sarcasm] or have a similiar problem with the XF GTI tire sounds?
#3 - GerG
Gargantula: it was a joke. Don't take it too serious.
I know it was a joke I was joking too I should have put a smilie :-), (Ah, the limits of the Internet) but I still want to know if anybody else has this problem.
I believe they're not creating enough friction for the LFS sound engine to play the "loud" screeching sound.
Or it just has crappy acceleration and it just goes extremely slow and doesn't wheelspin at all.
Quote from Schooner :They are screeching, but only dogs can hear it.

:uglyhamme
Quote from nutty boy :Or it just has crappy acceleration and it just goes extremely slow and doesn't wheelspin at all.

In the replay, I floored it and dumped the clutch and the wheels spin out when I watch in the replay. I guess I only noticed it. No one else seems to have the problem.
it's to do with the way LFS handles the weighting of the car. the tyres only produce "screech" when they are heavily weighted.

to explain easier, when a car accelerates, the weight shifts onto the rear wheels.. so in the GTI the front wheels have less weight on them.. no screech. Try dump the clutch in reverse gear, the fronts become weighted and will screech.

same deal with the XRG - will screech when accelerating (RWD, weighted rear wheels) but won't screech when dumping the clutch in reverse (front wheels weighted)

the effect in itself is realistic in theory, however i beleive the effect is a bit too sensitive. while the weight shifts to the back a bit, the GTI's fronts still have some weight on them, and should at least squeel a bit.
Maybe theoretically, but not real, lol. Try it with your car now... You'll see... It'll scretch enough to wake up the neighourhood
Quote from Knight_Atack :Maybe theoretically, but not real, lol. Try it with your car now... You'll see... It'll scretch enough to wake up the neighourhood

yep it's what im trying to say. the idea in theory is right.. the less weight on a tyre, the less it will screech when pushed past it's limit of grip - however its exaggerated in lfs.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG