The online racing simulator
i think it will be when we get S3
RSC annoys me because it is the slowest loading forum of all time.
#53 - Tick
And I repeat.........................

"The Best Unfinished Game I have EVER Played!"

Tick
I think LFS is very healthy the way it is, dosn't need any group/ organisation to validate that is realistic however you define that.

I payed £24 for years of fun, biggest bargain I ever had in PC software
Word of mouth is very powefull,And I have a very big mouth

John
£24, for being involved in a great online community with a great game. I have to say after going to the LFS karting it makes the whole LFS experience soo much better too.

Bargain.
Why do we care about LFS getting more publicity and more users? Sure the LFS devs care, but everytime LFS gets more publicity and more end users we start moaning that they cant drive, took us out in turn 1, where obnoxious, and dont know what the blue flag is...

It's a paradox...
Quote from Becky Rose :Why do we care about LFS getting more publicity and more users? Sure the LFS devs care, but everytime LFS gets more publicity and more end users we start moaning that they cant drive, took us out in turn 1, where obnoxious, and dont know what the blue flag is...

Agreed there are enough good servers atm as well away from the usual combos, even if they do go by what leagues are running.
I couldn't agree more with the last few posts.

However, in terms of press coverage, other than the current LFS users and fans going by word-of-mouth I think LFS will continue exactly as it is just now.

So far I think the majority of reviews and press have been simply due to LFS's sheer popularity and reputation. No other developers would have reviews and press releases of their 'incomplete' work. However, due to the way that LFS is uniquely funded and developed it does attract a small ammount of coverage to keep the community and the devs going.

BUT!! When the devs think LFS is ready though I believe it will be a different story. The LFS PR machine will go into overdrive when the LFS devs release their completed shining glory
Of course LFS doesn't get the same ammount of attention as the other sims due to publishers and stuff. That's part of the strategy of the LFS devs.

However, instead of only pointing to the mags, websites and whoever is helping in the sim racing community, maybe the LFS community should look at itself. It has seperated itself from the sim racing community. The split from RSC is only a small part in this. The attitude of (some people in) the LFS community doesn't help either. i.e., the authors of AutoSimSport made a post here asking for someone who would like to write articlesfor LFS. They got a lot of replies, but not from people who stepped up to promote LFS.

The first step to improve this is to embed the LFS community into the simracing community. Topics like this only increase the gap...

Quote :Basically, it is because FILSCA (because they say they need some stupid script to upload replays) need to extract their heads from somewhere half way down the body and towards the back.

true. We had talks between the OWRL and FILSCA back in 2005 and that was the problem. They told me they were working on it, apparently not. If they only had asked if we could find someone maybe we would have found a programmer willingy to write this.
I think I have seen programs that export LFS results from replays although TBH I doubt it's the main reason the FILSCA is holding back, it's probably more an issue of not really knowing LFS in enough detail due to the fact it is seperated from the (RSC based) racing community.
#61 - Gunn
Quote from ajp71 :Which still is the largest multi-sim racing forum and pre-downtime was the biggest hub of the sim racing world.

Mc Donalds is probably the largest fast food chain in the world, but the food.......
Quote from Gunn :Mc Donalds is probably the largest fast food chain in the world, but the food.......

Yes but if you put an ad in a local coffee shop and every McDonalds 'restaurant' which is going to get more interest?
Quote from KiDCoDEa :I'm not your ho you know.
Still, u have almost triple the amount of posts i have. Must be my eloquence.
I must be doing something right, since the truth is hurting.

But you're banned from RSC and ajp71 is not. ajp71 wins.

Quote from Becky Rose :Why do we care about LFS getting more publicity and more users? Sure the LFS devs care

Sometimes I think the devs actually care less about publicity than we players.
So many quick wits here... ROFL.
Hmmm. Where do I start?

OK. 1st off, if you're on the computer so damn much that you actually read Ezines.... Man, turn off the box and walk away, You probably look pastier than
Casper's private parts.

Second, most of these online magazines are very much unprofessional,
and the writers usually work for free, or less and do the thing in their spare time, and they probably go with reviews of more popular titles because that's what generates hits and that's what gets the advertisers that pays for the web space.

Third RSC forums.....I'm glad LFS got away from there.
All I learned about the other titles with forums on that site was
that GPL was a neat looking game, but that crowd that played it took it way waaay too serious to be any fun.
And I also learned that the other titles had nowhere near the support,
advice and overall friendliness as this one.

And... I'm sorry, but curiosity has got the best of me.
KID, just why DID you get banned over there?
I mean realise you can be "eloquent" at times (LOL), but I ain't seen
nothing that would warrant a ban. I seen some of your posts over at RSC a couple a years ago too... some were a little funny, most were informative,
and that one post... .... (was that why?)

Instead of going for online magazines (LOL WHY?)... if they are going to get into advertising, they ought to buy space on Ebaums World and places like that. Sites where people are REALLY more likely to go to. I mean if you want to advertise a pretty much online game, then you need to advertise
online... and if you're gonna advertise online, then may as well spend the $$$ and get some attention instead of waiting around for some body to put out a review that maybe five people will read. right?
When the time comes Im sure LFS will be advertised all over the place, no it would be silly.
#66 - Woz
A recent games mag had LFS in the top 100 PC games so it does get press. (Cant remember which mag as flicked through in the shop)

The real reason, as already mention is no mods. Not much new news for mags to pick up on.
So be it then. Personally, I'm glad we have no modding here in LFS. I mean, even the current content thins out the userbase, and like 75% of all available combos (ok, actually more like 90%) don't get played. Add mods, and you have an even worse number with the 'great feature' of version-mismatch-mania. Thanks, but no.

The modding time will come one day, and I do know there are many talented people out there. If there was just a way to filter out all the, well, not talented people.
Quote from ajp71 :I think I have seen programs that export LFS results from replays although TBH I doubt it's the main reason the FILSCA is holding back, it's probably more an issue of not really knowing LFS in enough detail due to the fact it is seperated from the (RSC based) racing community.

I am sooo happy, it is separated. A lot of fast LFS-players showed already, that they are fast in other sims too, and the other way around. What RSC-peeps dont like is the much much younger audience, LFS has. It's more "we get the NFS-players to Sim" and therefor you have all that stuff, RSC-old-mediocre-faggots dont like. Drifters e.g.
Besides that, it is very difficult - and I can understand this - to admit, that a team of 3 is doing the best physics and the easiest way to enjoy online sim-racing, while there are old "big" boys like ISI or iRacing (lol).

RSC is like the old DFB, LFS is Klinsmann (germans know what I mean, I think )
Quote from Vykos69 :LFS is Klinsmann (germans know what I mean, I think )

I hope not, wouldnt that mean LFS development stops before the next patch comes out?
Quote :They got a lot of replies, but not from people who stepped up to promote LFS.

Actually they have, I understand two leagues have been in talks with them about coverage - but it all went via PM .
#71 - axus
Quote from ajp71 :Yes but if you put an ad in a local coffee shop and every McDonalds 'restaurant' which is going to get more interest?

Put it this way, there's also 20 ad's for products like yours at McDonalds already. I hate RSC. I hate the moderation. I hate the lack of bandwidth. I'm with Kid on their promotion of mediocrity and ignorance. Seriously, there's too many people that think "ZOMFG !1!11!1! I know GTR is better than LFS because real racing drivers said so. I know everything about tyres and GTR has better physics 1!!1!1."

Then when SimBin call GTR an embarassment, they turn a blind eye and carry on with their fanboyism. Here we don't have people like that constantly popping in to remind us of their ignorance.

Having the forum here as opposed to RSC surely generates less interest when it comes to intellignet racers. That's just my view.
Quote from traxxion :I hope not, wouldnt that mean LFS development stops before the next patch comes out?

see, you are dutch, you havent understood
Quote from Vykos69 :see, you are dutch, you havent understood

You're right, never really understood the Germans...
Quote from Becky Rose :Actually they have, I understand two leagues have been in talks with them about coverage - but it all went via PM .

What I wrote and what they asked for then was about LFS coverage, not about league coverage.
Quote from Vykos69 : What RSC-peeps dont like is the much much younger audience, LFS has.

Is this true? Does LFS really have a younger user-base than rFactor or GTR or games like that? Not disagreeing with you, I just don't know. And I always had the impression that age groups were about the same across these sims.

I could believe that LFS has a younger demographic than GPL though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG