The online racing simulator
Quote from ajp71 :Agreed there are enough good servers atm as well away from the usual combos, even if they do go by what leagues are running.

if you like to drive racecars....maybe. but if you like roadcars your choice is very limited. don't get confused by the tons of drift servers, which have the right cars and tracks.

i like to race rallycross (totally neglected by the devs) and fast roadcars. i definately want more online racers.
Quote from Vykos69 :I've seen some Driftmasters drift a whole track IRL (D1)...

Oval track? Give me a link.

Quote :It's the best out there atm. No other game/sim just even gets close. It is pretty damn realistic

Even if it's the best what comes to drifting, it doesn't mean it's realistic enough.

Quote :and you should really think about the input-devices and how they change the reaction times and possibilities.

But input-devices doesn't change the tyre physics.
*sigh*
Quote from Hankstar :RSC's commercial? Noone told me - I'm still getting my RSC action for nothin'

It did have to close and move a while ago (got hax0r'd), is that what you're talking about JJ72?

Um I remember vaguely it has been down suddenly, and after a week or two it reappeared and there were news that the new RSC has been revived, and along with that there are some changes, notably being more dependent or external sponsors on it's maintainence and operation. I don't remember whether it's Tim or not, but there was a thread about how we have to improve our quality of discussion and manner because RSC is now to be seen by "out-siders". Since then in the RSC news section you keep seeing news of latest racing games- even non sim ones,and RSC even open dedicated forum for games like Forza.

I haven't been to RSC often after that period, so my memory is a bit vague, but I think there sure were some changes, however I hardly regonize any moderators there now!
Well tbh JJ72, I really only lurk around the GPL and nK area (not so much nK now as it is dangerously close to becoming dreamware - but I hope I'm wrong) so I haven't noticed any drastic changes since RSC switch ISP
I do remember Tim's appeal for humane posting Have to say I agreed with him on his points about people being civil to each other (can't remember much else apart from that - it turned into a Very Long Thread)..
Quote from deggis :
But input-devices doesn't change the tyre physics.

[_]You have understood my point.
Cmon guys you both know it's somewhere in between. LFS has obviously the best physics, a perfect input code with baisically no delay, but it's still not "realistic". Actually there will never be a program that is really 100% ralistic.
And yes, tyre physics are quite weird in some situations, specially when locking up the brakes. Or the good old full throttle starts, which are still the fastest way.
Locked diffs on asphalt dont really make it more realistic either...
@ JJ72 - The whole being seen by outsiders were the people who pay for banner ads, if you have banner ads you can have a fast free site, if you have no ads you can have a fast pay site or a slow free site nobody will visit the last 2.

RSC has always had a section for GT so what is so different about Forza? It's hardly really an active section tucked away at the bottom with two posts in the last 75 days.

btw I think the threads and campain to improve attitudes at RSC was a very could idea and honestly I sometimes wonder if this board could do with it.
:up:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG