The online racing simulator
Public LFS servers for beginners
(16 posts, started )
Training scenarios are available for beginners. Was a thread on this before. Beginner servers for users that qualify with a minimum maximum lap count would be the only ones eligible. Provided by LFS on LFS servers. Would help for people new to the game. These servers would only be S1 or S2.
Also a qualification or limitation would be lap times.
Quote from CheerioDM :Training scenarios are available for beginners. Was a thread on this before. Beginner servers for users that qualify with a minimum maximum lap count would be the only ones eligible. Provided by LFS on LFS servers. Would help for people new to the game. These servers would only be S1 or S2.
Also a qualification or limitation would be lap times.

Alternatively, drive single player until you know the cars and tracks. Then join multiplayer...
#3 - Sobis
I think it would be nice to have something like race school (Demo servers should be included). I would love to go there and help people learning how to save tyres, how to drive, help them removing mistakes and etc. Maybe someone could create server like that?
#4 - Bean0
I don't think that dedicated 'race school' servers would get much use, you would also need some people to be instructors of course.

Newbies should not be afraid to ask questions on racing servers, as a community we are usually pretty helpful as long as people ask in a polite manner. I would suggest not trying to talk to people when they are actually driving though, as this can be annoying at times.
That goes without saying Mr.Baker Although if they are typing whilst driving i would say it wouldnt be so bad.

But servers for beginners, ATM as ive only joined LFS today im a demo racer... [MRc] Servers seem cool, especially their FBM #1 server
#6 - Sobis
Quote from Bean0 :I don't think that dedicated 'race school' servers would get much use, you would also need some people to be instructors of course.

I could be one of the instructors...
#7 - Puhba
LFS wasent very helpfull when i first joined, i was young at the time and my only objective was crashing the car. We need something to get people past that point.
Learning
Why not try Redline Racing servers. Servers 1 & 2 are XFG/XRG Demo.
Server 3 is FBM.

There are usually Redline members around who will often give you some help if you ask. I'm there quite often, Redline Quinn is my racing name.

Just be aware we have fairly strict rules about conduct, no crashing, wrong way driving, obey blue flags, no swearing etc..

As long as you use some common sense and keep out of the way of the faster drivers you should have a good time there.

Also be aware that on server 1 we have a few restrictions, You need to have 100 experience points in Airio stats to use XRG and you need to be within 103% of WR time to use keyboard as a controller.
#9 - Bean0
Quote from JackSun :...obey blue flags...

What do you mean by this ?
  • Blue flags are shown to make people aware that faster traffic is approaching. When they attempt a legitimate pass, the lapping car shouldn't defend.

• Blue flags mean you must get out of the way of faster traffic.
blue flags
I'm not sure what you don't understand about my statement.

I was just saying that it is one of the rules on the Redline servers, if you see a blue flag then you must obey it.

It should be adhered too on any race server, but I was just pointng it out as many newcomers either don't know about them or ignore them.

If you do that on a Redline server you will be warned and then removed from the track if you don't comply.
My point remains, there is nothing to obey as such.
Blue flags are informational, not instructional.

Teaching newcomers that the blue flag means 'roll over and die' is as good as teaching them that 3+3=10
Blue flags
I'm not sure what sort of racing you watch but if a driver Ignores blue flags in real racing they will be penalised.

And I never said you had to roll over and die the instant you see one, just that you need to obey them, otherwise you will get a warning and then be removed if you continue to ignore them.
I real racing, blue flag leading to a black in a matter of second, I have never seen that.
In modern LFS, in most server, there is unfortunately disrespect for the beginner.
I recommend going to the not very populated server where you can find some racers more "relax". Going skype or teamspeak or whatever with a faster (or slower if you want to teach) friend will help you a lot too.
Grabbing some setups (or packs) at http://www.setupgrid.net/ might help you too.
Quote from JackSun :Why not try Redline Racing servers. Servers 1 & 2 are XFG/XRG Demo.
Server 3 is FBM.

I had lots of fun at Servers 1 & 2, but the 3 is always empty
Quote from Sobis :I could be one of the instructors...

y u need instructor for yourself.
Quote from VTiRacing :y u need instructor for yourself.

Well maybe for GTRs, but I'm quite good (I think) in road cars, plus I know the basics and why can't I tell them to people that don't know them?

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG