The online racing simulator
Quote from al heeley :Well that's really up to them isn't it, not us.

Right. And?

Quote :
We all have lots of aspirations for them but we're not really at the sharp end, so I'm confident they can make their own decisions on this.

I believe the title of this forum is "Improvement Suggestions". Call me crazy, but maybe this is where people post "suggestions". The suggestion was dismissed because:

"All these complicated solutions for something which is not a problem..."what really is the point?""

My response was that the suggestion is valid, for the reasons I posted.

If the LFS guys wish to ignore the suggestion, so be it. Or maybe the entire Suggestions forum should be eliminated since it really isn't our call anyway.
#27 - SamH
Hmm.. vexed? Methinks.

I don't think that improvements to the LFS business model can possibly fit under the banner of improvements to the game. Moreover, it's particularly removed from the game in that, unlike the game, the business model is entirely someone else's shout, whereas, as members of the community, we're invited to make known our suggestions about the thing we DO know about.. the functionality and premise of the LFS simulator, present and (we hope) future.

Suggesting scrapping the suggestions forum smacks of the old bat and ball.
My point is that whilst improvement suggestions are welcomed, (and I think there's too much cricism given out to newer members who suggest something 100 people may have suggested before, nothing wrong with that!) ,there's a lot of assumptions about what people think the Devs want from their business and how best they should achieve this. This is a separate issue from game and/or content improvement suggestions. There's quite a lot of people out there who believe they know best how the Devs should be expanding the business side. I think maybe we should leave them to it, but keep on coming in with good, constructive game improvement suggestions, don't make assumptions about their handling of the business side. that was what I was trying to say

[edit-thx sam you got there before me and said it more succinctly!]
It was a suggestion for game side modification that had a business justification. It was NOT an idea for a change in the business model. If it doesn't fit the business model that the LFS guys have chosen, then they shouldn't do it. I believe I've said as much already.

I don't think we are in disagreement, other than I don't think the original idea nor anything I've posted in any way tries to tell the LFS guys how to run their business.

Peace out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG