The online racing simulator
Juan Montoya to NASCAR?
(66 posts, started )
no need to be american
Just less biter

More capatalisim less socalisim

you will have much more and be happier
Nope.. I'm also sick of all this enviromental crap and "you have to treat all human equal"... :rolleyes:
Back on topic, fair play to the guy, it's often a good thing to change the scenery when things aren't going great.

I'll be watching with interest how he does.
True, true. I hope he'll get some wins "back home"!
your correct
it is a reality that both good and bad humans do exist on this rock and need not be treated the same?

for instance

Kim Jong-il starves his own people and spends $750,000 a year on cognac from the french.
dam
back on topic
And you wonder, why people generally don't like americans or think they are stupid? Im not saying sorry, but my post was more like "a standard anti-american response", I was making a joke, partly about myself and it was worth it because you fell in it like proper stereotype of american. And well, you are blessed to live there separated, it's very safe place in conflict wise, unlike the old continent which is populated with much greater variety of different kinds of nations. All packed up together in tight space trying to make the life better to themself. There is the seeds for conflicts, and thats basicly how did the WWI (which you were referring) started and that planted the seed for the WWII. The peace wasn't fair to Germany and it caused resession, inflation was huge and in that kind of situation people believe in miracles. But I think you allready knew that because you read history in schools Smile

Aaaaand if we go this who invented what thing, where does the biggest mobile phone manufacturer come from? The machine without modern day human can barely do the coffee. Yes, thats right. From the tiny litle land up here middle of polarbears Razz

And to go back on topic: Go Montoya!
Good riddance to bad rubbish. F1 wont miss him.
Montoya did well in CART back in the day, and to be honest, he belongs in most American motorsports series. Nascar seems like an odd move from Formula 1. F1 was not too bad for him, had some good results here and there, but does F1 really need a ruthless driver that thinks too highly of himself? F1 has enough of those drivers already, but nobody compares to Montoya... and some Nascar drivers have some pretty big similarities to him. Nascar will be fun to watch if Montoya is in it, at least when he causes accidents and tries to blame others Big grin

I wonder how long he'll last there.
Quote from Tweaker :Montoya did well in CART back in the day, and to be honest, he belongs in most American motorsports series. Nascar seems like an odd move from Formula 1. F1 was not too bad for him, had some good results here and there, but does F1 really need a ruthless driver that thinks too highly of himself? F1 has enough of those drivers already, but nobody compares to Montoya... and some Nascar drivers have some pretty big similarities to him. Nascar will be fun to watch if Montoya is in it, at least when he causes accidents and tries to blame others Big grin

I wonder how long he'll last there.

I liked watching him in CART, he did well. NASCAR doesn't seem all that odd to me. It's pretty much the only racing division that is broadcasted on National Television. Montoya would fit right into NASCAR I think, like you said he has a big head. I can't wait to see how he does in NASCAR, maybe he could to rest the belief that NASCAR is easy, or will he prove that it is? We shall see, I for one can't wait.
Montoya turned down a Williams offer? I guess he doesn't want to F1 anymore. Will be amusing to watch him in Busch Series though.

But if Williams offered him a contract... Who are they kicking out? Webber? Uhmm
Quote from Knight_Atack :Montoya turned down a Williams offer? I guess he doesn't want to F1 anymore. Will be amusing to watch him in Busch Series though.

But if Williams offered him a contract... Who are they kicking out? Webber? Uhmm

Yeah. Webber will probably be heading to Renault (filling the spot of Alonso next to Fisichella) or Red Bull Racing, since they'll probably be getting Renault engines next year. Remember that Flavio Briatore is Webber's manager... and that guy sure knows how to do a good deal!

I wouldn't call that kicking out, though. More like letting go. Smile
I thought Montoya would try to join the next ChampCar season. With the new car, nobody has an advantage. And with his F1 experience he maybe could start very well.
It wouldn't surprise me if Williams kicked Webber. To me he seems like a guy who quite likes himself, although I think he has done a lot of good stuff outside of motorsports that he should be applauded for.

I would imagine in a really quick car he would be quite decent, but really he is just an average driver who drives with some consistency. I can't imagine him driving for Red Bull and I would like to think Renault would go for Heikki Kovalainen.

Any other ideas for a likely destination?
#40 - Smax
I just get the feeling Paffett isn't really wanted in a racing seat by Ron Dennis. I think he'd rather have Hamilton, seeing as he seems to be on his shoulder at every GP weekend.
Pedro de la Rosa is the one who's going to take over his seat Big grin
:jawdrop: Montoya is to take no further part in the 2006 season. De la Rosa replaces him with immediate effect...

well thats a shocker, i atleast expected him to finish the rest of the season before moving to nascar!
Hurrah.

There was much rejoicing.

Finally no more noobs on the track now that Ide and Montoya have gone. This is a great day for Formula One, and a sad day for Nascar. The crash pics from Nascar will, however, be widespread and excellent.
:jawdrop:
What can I say, other than OH HELL YES! Big grin
I don't know why you are all rejoicing, it takes away any humour we had. It'll be like watching Scalectrix now!
Quote from mee too :Whos industreal genius turned the tide???

Russia's, actually. Smile

On topic, can't understand myself why Montoya would quit F1 when he still has some decent prospects. Unless the paddock jokes are true and he really is just a bit too fat/"large" to fit in F1 cars these days. Big grin
-
(RacingSimFan) DELETED by RacingSimFan
OMG, I'm shocked. How nice it began yet in 2001... Why on the Earth NASCAR? 30 is a nice age to start sportscars racing, there is plenty of opportunities: FIA GT, LMS, DTM or at least WTCC. There is ChampCar (or IRL at the worst), but why that terrible NASCAR...
#50 - J.B.
Quote from STROBE :On topic, can't understand myself why Montoya would quit F1 when he still has some decent prospects.

For the same reasons that other people look for new jobs. I think it's quite obvious that he simply doesn't want to be in F1 any longer. He's fed up. It's not that the drives he could get are not good enough, it's not that he feels he is not good enough himself, it's just that he isn't enjoying being in F1. He is a proper racer and current F1 just doesn't offer what he is looking for. The cars are boring, overtaking is almost impossible, regularly trying to overtake will just get you into trouble with fellow racers, press, fans and team bosses.

To me Montoya leaving should be seen as a big wake up call for F1 rather than simply the retirement of a failed driver. I agree that Montoya is not on the level of Kimi, MS and Alonso in terms of consistancy and intelligence but if a racer like him can't find a place in F1 then something is wrong with F1. The fans have been saying for years that F1 is crap. I feel that Montoya is the first driver to seriously come to the same conclusion.

Juan Montoya to NASCAR?
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG