The online racing simulator
Gtr 3
(44 posts, started )
Gtr 3
So it's just some sounds that according to them are the best evurzz? Nothing special to me.
Closed my eyes and got the chills.
Sounds IDENTICAL to GTR1 and GTR2.
#5 - Mysho
That's gonna be a huge fail if it stays on their old engine. It's like 5 years old already... Engine sounds have exactly the same sound as in all previous Simbin games which got some GTRs in it.
Quote from Mysho :That's gonna be a huge fail if it stays on their old engine. It's like 5 years old already... Engine sounds have exactly the same sound as in all previous Simbin games which got some GTRs in it.

Didn't they say they'd build a new engine for it?
engine note itself sounds pretty artificial, I dunno how to describe it. All the "extras" (bangs, squeels etc) are good as expected from samples.
LFS with CSR sounds better imo

btw, those models seen in the pics look somewhat low-poly
so, "LOL3" is coming out :P
dont know what to think about it, i guess little improved gtr2,
so nothing i wanna try..
GTR 3 already has a bad name behind it, but hopefully the got abit into depth with the actual cars this time.
The engine fading in/out into the distance and the reverb is done quite well... The engine sounds themselves are laughable, do these people never get to real tracks anymore?
I honestly thought at first it was a troll website because I thought it was just GTR1 and 2 sounds. Oh well, not a great first impression for me.
*yawn*
Everyone on iRacing forum saying how amazing the sounds are.
surprised theyd put out a sound-only teaser
considering how mediocre it sounds :/
#15 - 5haz
While the sounds aren't that great a progression from previous SimBin titles, its nice to see that somebody is at least trying make an attempt to capture the dynamic nature of a race car engine's sound.

Sound is one of the stumbling blocks that current racing sims face on the road to proper immersion, some racing sims now feature quite high quality sound samples which from the car interior point of view are quite immersive, but current exterior view sounds in racing simulators are pretty lifeless because they're not near as dynamic as real sounds, for example they don't change all that much in relation to the position of the 'camera' relative to the car or the echo characteristic's of the car's surroundings (such as nearby buildings, walls, tree's etc, some sims incorporate tunnel echo but thats as good as it gets). Also its worth considering the changes in tone depending on the engine's revs LFS does this to a certain extent but most sims are pretty poor at it.

Maybe one day in the not too distant future a racing simulator will feature such a complex and dynamic sound simulation. Perhaps instead of trying to create engine sounds by crudely blending together looped samples of real recordings and varying their pitch in relation to engine revs, developers could attempt to sythesise the individual tones an engine creates throughout its rev range, and the simulator could use mix the tones to create a more detailed, dynamic and seamless engine sound. It'd probably be quite taxing on computer processors though.
Quote from PMD9409 :Everyone on iRacing forum saying how amazing the sounds are.

to be fair, in comparision to iRacing sounds, it is pretty amazing

@5haz, that would be difficult, wouldn't it? I'm afraid this future is quite far away.
Quote from JazzOn :to be fair, in comparision to iRacing sounds, it is pretty amazing

I know, and iRacing's sound guy leaving, plus them just releasing a "future sound updates" article just rubs it all in.
Quote from ACCAkut :btw, those models seen in the pics look somewhat low-poly

This was my first impression.
So the game is still in development and you guys allready start complaining about "low-poly" cars?
ffs, just wait untill the final product is released and then start whining instead of now.

Ontopic:
I'm looking forward to this game
GTR1 and 2 where always better then the RACE series and expansions.. They are actually allmoust the same but GTR2 for example is just different... don't really know how to explain it.. Think the cars look a bit better, especially on the interior. It's also a game focussed on the FIA GT(x) championship and not same 500 car class game.
Can't wait!
Quote from theirishnoob :playing it through a fully dolby systhem... sounds like a win 95 game...

So you either have a crappy soundsystem or you've never played an game back from that time.
Quote from tristancliffe :Sounds IDENTICAL to GTR1 and GTR2.

That is not a problem... infact, what all sim racing fans have been asking Simbin for is a NEW GTR game which uses the GTR formula. So in my mind they are set to do the job properly and well. Also, the teaser is very good, keeps you guessing, makes you want to know more.

I can't wait.
I was playing GTR2 till 1 month back

And the sound sample on GTR3 ( Trailer ) are totaly diferent

TBH, Sound better that gt5 or forza 4 or iracing
Quote from oscarhardwick :That is not a problem... infact, what all sim racing fans have been asking Simbin for is a NEW GTR game which uses the GTR formula. So in my mind they are set to do the job properly and well. Also, the teaser is very good, keeps you guessing, makes you want to know more.

I can't wait.

If GTR3 is much like GTR1 or 2 then it'll be terrible.

Gtr 3
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG