The online racing simulator
Quote from Stig209 :09 driver (E.Westman) had a bug and that's the reason why he "used" the horn. He hasn't touched his horn himself.

wasnt me, T.Vihtonen..
I am...

Not pleased...
Join the club,though ours was self imposed.Rolling it!

Well impressed with James' stint though
Oh my, what a battle!

With tires..
Interesting and useful race for WKD team. Was good practice for myself how to react after a few fails in a row and how to keep the mind cold and just push everything out of the car and myself to reach the best result. Sad for the begining of the race - last in the first racing lap wasn't the plan that we had in mind.
I wonder if anyone could help me out

We (car 58) are new to the XRR and we had an apparently unexplained tyre blow out on lap 41 of the race.As far as i can see the tyres were in good condition and i do not think our cambers were particularly high(1.3 on the tyre that blew).Maybe it was the pressures which were reasonably low?

Why R3?

We wanted to see how competitive we might be on them in circumstances where we want to go on a longer run

Any help would be appreciated
Quote from chris kasch :I wonder if anyone could help me out

We (car 58) are new to the XRR and we had an apparently unexplained tyre blow out on lap 41 of the race.As far as i can see the tyres were in good condition and i do not think our cambers were particularly high(1.3 on the tyre that blew).Maybe it was the pressures which were reasonably low?

Why R3?

We wanted to see how competitive we might be on them in circumstances where we want to go on a longer run

Any help would be appreciated

Possibly reason:

- Aggressive driving style
- Suspension, camber, tire pressure wrong
- Maybe you had ballasts etc...
Quote from Speed Senna :Possibly reason:

- Aggressive driving style
- Suspension, camber, tire pressure wrong
- Maybe you had ballasts etc...

#1 Check
#2 Chris your tires weared awkwardly might need more camber in different direction
#3 why would you add weight?
Yes they did seem to wear in an odd way

I thought it might be a charachteristic of the track and car but looking at others,it isn't

Have others experienced unexpected blow outs before?
yes, but yours was probably due to coldness on LF
Quote from Mustangman759 :yes, but yours was probably due to coldness on LF

yes, but his Right front blew out. So odds are he had too much negative camber on right front causing only that 1 section of tire to be worn in.
sorry was referring to wrong tire
flatspot....
Quote from xtraction :if i wer dutch, i'd read that major dickz

I never said I was right, just my very opinionated answer based on no facts
Quote from MoMo92i :flatspot....

was gonna say this.
easy as **** to pop a tire after a good 50+ mins on xrr with flatspotting
Hmm

I'm looking at the tyres on the lap they popped and i don't see a problem with them.Has anyone checked on the replay (lap 41) as it's worrying me that i can't see this flatspot!
Quote from chris kasch :Hmm

I'm looking at the tyres on the lap they popped and i don't see a problem with them.Has anyone checked on the replay (lap 41) as it's worrying me that i can't see this flatspot!

I can see it. You lock your tires when braking. Just as it works in XRR :P
Wow thats brilliant,just what i was looking for

Thankyou very much to all who helped

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG