The online racing simulator
Friction Coefficient, Electronic Stability Programming and Traction control
2007 and 2008 both carried Traction control threads.
This is not, solely, about traction control.

LFS has a greater following in driver training than you may imagine, what started of as a racing sim has become so much more over the years.

Skid awareness training is more prevalent now, with this in mind would it be possible to change the coefficient of friction for a surface, ether uniformly or randomly from 0.9 (high traction) to 0.025 (low traction). Principally it could be applied to the skid pad or autocross setup. I believe that it is already in place as the effect is similar on the auto cross dirt sections / tarmac transitions
It would also add to the racing dynamic if it could be implemented on the tracks!

Traction control and ABS are already implemented but should be rolled out across all the vehicles to more closely represent the modern vehicle fleet.
(ESP) is lacking as an option, although common on many modern vehicles and a legal requirement from 2015 for European cars. This feature would greatly enhance the usability of LFS for driver training.

Now before the purists kick off of course these options would have to be set on race servers….. race servers? Why not a driving server, we have cruise servers now and they still remain popular but are out in the cold.
As some business adviser would say;
“Diversify to stay alive”

I am looking forwarded to a sensible discussion as to the pros and cons for these suggestions, remembering of course software such as “Simax” are trying to cash in on this the market, users of LFS know we are already there we just need the edge!
"Traction control and ABS are already implemented but should be rolled out across all the vehicles to more closely represent the modern vehicle fleet.'

On racing cars these options are NOT common and any driving aid should be banned in any racing class

Just think of why many people stopping watching F1, overtaking: on corner exit pedal to the medal, your car will take care of your corner exit. action nr 2: push a button voila you passed the car which was in front of you. Real battles for position in F1 are currently something from the past. That is the effect of using driving aids....

#3 - scipy
Quote from Bluebird B B :Just think of why many people stopping watching F1, overtaking: on corner exit pedal to the medal, your car will take care of your corner exit. action nr 2: push a button voila you passed the car which was in front of you. Real battles for position in F1 are currently something from the past. That is the effect of using driving aids...

What are you talking about? There is no driver aids allowed in F1 currently, including TC and ABS.. and imho the usage of DRS actually improved overtaking quite drastically. I agree that FIA sometimes misses the activation zones a bit so overtakes are maybe "too easy", but in most of the races DRS and KERS provided just enough help to enable overtaking maneuvers or on the other hand give the guy in front a fighting chance (KERS defense). Remembering the first 3-4 races of 2011 season, it was probably some of the most exciting and best racing I've seen in a long time.

(Pirelli tires and strategy involved helped a lot in this aspect too, ofcourse.)
"Friction coefficient" reminds me of the skid cars.

If that's what you want (just teaching normal daily commuters, no need to talk about weight transfer), lower down you suspension may be a dirty work-around.
@scipy
o ups, my knowledge of f1 rules is outdated :something

I was still thinking they still had traction control too. Without, overtaking is slightly harder but descent corner exit+DRS=overtake
Quote from Bluebird B B :"Traction control and ABS are already implemented but should be rolled out across all the vehicles to more closely represent the modern vehicle fleet.'

On racing cars these options are NOT common and any driving aid should be banned in any racing class

I agree, but as I said its the driver training that would benifit!
And yes it should be a server option.
Quote from Keling :"Friction coefficient" reminds me of the skid cars.

If that's what you want (just teaching normal daily commuters, no need to talk about weight transfer), lower down you suspension may be a dirty work-around.

Not commuters, there others out there that need to understand the physics of driving and the cars / vehicles they use have all the modern aids, we used to teach skid control... now it is awareness training because the vehicles will not skid in normal conditions.
The dirty work around has / is being used as is autocross tires, it's all good stuff thought.
Re: #7

Can you provide more details on your training ? What kind of drivers do you train, for what purpose, and what car do you use ?
Quote from Keling :Re: #7

Can you provide more details on your training ? What kind of drivers do you train, for what purpose, and what car do you use ?

Cars can be anything from Audi A6’s to Saabs 93 to BMW’s 530.
Simulation provides opportunities to demonstrate and explain such things correct cornering technique, braking gear change and maintaining (System Of Vehicle Control).
Weight transfer while cornering / stability while cornering.
Skid identification and correction across front, rear and all wheel drive vehicles.
Importance of correct load displacement in respect of handling.
Comparison between fully loaded and unloaded vehicle handling.
Fuel efficient driving can also be demonstrated and practised quite effectively.
But one of the greatest benefits is the ability to teach and train motive reflex templates which can be difficult, costly and time consuming to do on road.
Currently LFS can reduce on road training by up to 20%.
It’s not a market that they should ignore, and they don’t!

I believe I have answered most of your questions the remainder I chose not to, other than to say they are not racing drivers but do rack up a significant number of road miles while working, please forgive me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG