AI failed again
(10 posts, started )
AI failed again
if you during race start execute /laps 0 , AI drivers will just stay at grid and revving their engines vrum-vrum....
Attached files
AI bug.mpr - 19.1 KB - 226 views
Assuming /laps 0 sets race lenth to 0 laps? If so what is the expected AI behaviour?
/laps 0 ---> practice mode
they should drive nonstop in practice mode, if you ever tried....
Ah ok, I know practice mode, but didn't know /laps 0 was the command
Does LFS care about the AI honestly? I do, but do the creators?
Quote from Cornys :Does LFS care about the AI honestly? I do, but do the creators?

Sure they do, Scawen updated them a couple of months ago (to be released with the new tyre physics).
Quote from Flame CZE :Sure they do, Scawen updated them a couple of months ago (to be released with the new tyre physics).

So.... more info.... pls....

IMO this is serious bug, can cause fatal crashes with injuries
also we dont want when AIs will drive low 33s around blackwood, that they don't know how to shift to first gear
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :So.... more info.... pls....

IMO this is serious bug, can cause fatal crashes with injuries
also we dont want when AIs will drive low 33s around blackwood, that they don't know how to shift to first gear

This post by Scawen:

Quote from Scawen :I think the tyre physics have come along a lot recently. There were some significant changes over quite a long time this year and when I found the handling was quite interesting and certain old issues were sorted, I started to look into the tyre heating, trying to get a version ready again for the testers. That meant sorting out the AI drivers, who only knew the old physics system. If they could drive well in the new tyre physics, they could drive consistent laps and so inform me if the tyre heating was working well.

The AI ended up being about three weeks of work, and I found it personally quite an interesting development time - which is good because that's what I'm here for! Anyway their grip prediction systems are a lot better and they can now drive quite close to the limit, the best and most reliable AI drivers yet seen in LFS. At some point I'd really like to work on their overtaking code, though that is not a high priority for this physics update patch.

oh, I thought you know something from mod section anyway thanks
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :oh, I thought you know something from mod section anyway thanks

Again, mod != beta tester

AI failed again
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG