The online racing simulator
How do I download and use Set?
(9 posts, started )
Another question from a newbie

I have been driving the FBM for a couple of weeks and have squeezed about all I can out of the default setup. I would like to try some faster setups that others have developed.

I am able to find sites with the setups, but don't know how to download them to my system so I can try them out.

So... if possible, I need some "Downloading sets for Dummies" as I am not very computer savy.

The more basic the better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Joe
All setups go to data/setups folder. Or if you have set a file association with .set file to LFS.exe, then you can just open the setup file and it will automatically copy it to the right folder for you.
#3 - J@tko
If you're online you can request people send you setups, and if they do then press "n" until the player list comes up and you'll see a green "S" next to their name - click it, name the setup then it'll go straight into your garage
Since you mentioned you don't know how to download the set and also you are not computer savy, I will describe each simple step in detail:

1. In http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu, first click on the mine/bomb symbol corresponding to ur track/car in the matrix, then click on the button that says ".set", against the set you want to download.
There is a "All setups" button on top of the website, which will give you all the sets in that website in a zip.

2. In http://www.setupgrid.net/ , first click the gear wheel corresponding to the track/car in the matrix, then click the "Get set" button, against the set you want to download.

Setupgrid has 3 categories, Hotlaps, sprint and endurance. They are available as clickable thumbnails of car pics, with the selected category being in red and others in black. By default Hotlap category is preselected when you visit the website. There is also a "download all setups" button in the top of the left side panel. Clicking it will give a zip file containing all setups for all tracks/cars under the selected category (say sprint). So doing this thrice for each category, you will download all setups in that website at the moment.

Save your set into <lfs>\data\setups folder.
In case of zips, first extract and then copy all the .set files to the above mentioned folder.

Once the sets are downloaded to \data\setups folder, they will automatically show up below the existing HARD_TRACK, RACE_S sets etc, with their file name, in the right hand side in your Garage (Shift+P).
Thanks Rageshgr!

I was able to follow your instructions pretty well. What I am now struggling with is unzipping the files. They are saved to the location you indicated but still zipped. When and how do I unzip them so I can use them?

Thank you!

Joe
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Joe Kumpf :Thanks Rageshgr!

I was able to follow your instructions pretty well. What I am now struggling with is unzipping the files. They are saved to the location you indicated but still zipped. When and how do I unzip them so I can use them?

Thank you!

Joe

You can literally just double click the zip and it'll open, then copy and paste to the above location. Or right click the zip folder, go to "Extract" (or similar) - it'll prompt you for a location to "unzip" the folder to. Do that and go to wherever you unzipped it (default should be wherever the zip folder is) then copy and paste as normal
Thank you!! I do have several setups downloaded now! Happy Thanksgiving!
Joe
Glad to know it worked out Joe, a good set makes a lot of difference. Welcome to LFS, best wishes for many long sleepless fun filled nights ,
#9 - J@tko
Quote from Joe Kumpf :Thank you!! I do have several setups downloaded now! Happy Thanksgiving!
Joe

Excellent. Happy (late!) Thanksgiving to you too

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG