The online racing simulator
Quote from daveb948576 :the cpw had came up yesterday but the only time i've been kicked out today i got 'lost connection to host'

That must just be a "normal" ban then.

Quote from daveb948576 :hold on a minute, whats been going on recently with these cpw cheat protection updates?? i've not played for a while and have been using for some time the ps3 controller with the joy to key program and the ds3 tool so the ps3 controller can be run to use the keyboard settings if i assign the keys, would this have anything to do with it?

No, a CPW ban is when you have a modified .exe or VOB mods. For example using LFS Tweak, Steering Mod Lock or changing the shape of the car.
Then i dont know what the issue is i may even fit another hard drive to the pc as i have a spare and put windows xp on and run it with just driving with the mouse and changing no other settings to see if it works, i'm seeing that as a bit extreme though!
Quote from J@tko : No, a CPW ban is when you have a modified .exe or VOB mods.

You get: 'OOS - CAR' if you have .vob mods installed AFAIK.
I havent had 'oos - car'
-
(Sobis) DELETED by Sobis : misread
Have you only had the one ban since the fresh install/account reset or are you still getting banned in most servers?

If its only happened the once it could just be a genuine ban as J@tko said, I'm not saying that you have done anything to deserve one but it won't be the first time someone has been banned for no reason.
just the one ban, i'm, back in the same server now as went offline, do you want to join me in

team extreme drift
Given your being tethered, are you too laggy for the other players on the server? When I was using a satellite connection I had to stick racing with close friends, or those that knew of my crappy connection - because a jumping car is quite annoying to people with good connections [myself included]. Especially when drifting, the car is less predictable to others; even if it looks fine on your end. Just a consideration.

Perhaps this is a cause for people banning? My experience people ask you to leave before banning/kicking - not always, but generally. The servers that don't are servers I wouldn't be a part of anyways.
i dont get any warning of a kick or ban, i just had a message when being thrown out, OOS - COUNT in red, it may be lag, how would i check? anyone fancy making a server for me to join and see if i lag heavily?
i've got another one coming!

Hello daveb948576,

It has come to our attention that you have been banned on LFS servers more than a few times lately.

We must warn you that if you keep being banned, we will issue you with a temporary ban of 30 days, from all LFS online activity.

Regards,

Live for Speed

***This is an automated email***
Sorry but if you didn't learn a lesson, then you deserve it.

(If I remember correctly, you were the one with CPW issues)
Escuse.me???? I dont see what i've done wrong here, i have a fresh lfs installed i pay for my game, i have no mods, i use the servers correctly and dont cause any trouble, if you come here to insult then pi$$ off, im a genuine guy that plays live for speed once my son has gone to bed so i get some time to rest!

On a serious note regarding the technical issue, is there a log file kept on my pc which may be of any help on the issue? Please only reply if you can help, thank you!
Do you recognize these hosts? Where these were the ones that you last accessed? http://ww.spdoracing.com/eventdb/driver/daveb948576/hosts

Just making sure that you are the onlyone thats using the "daveb948576" account. If someone is using it they might be getting you banned triggering the LFS Tech e-mail.

Your son could be having a go when you're not a around!

Also; if its not too much of a bother, just keep track of how you exit the servers. Do you get kicked/banned often? Does the JOOS COUNT happen frequently? It shouldn't matter anyway, as far as I know only CPW (bans) disconnects will be counted...
I have used all of them servers.. My son esnt use my pc,

i will try to email the server hosts and see whats happened as i dont get anywarning of a ban and i dont see it neccesary to be banned, i was also with someone else driving when it happened, i can probably contact him and ask him to speak on to say that i am no trouble in the servers, if it helps, it really isnt because of me that this is happening :s
this is beyond a joke now! haven't been able to play due to a 30day online ban through no fault of my own and no mods have been willing to resolve the issue!!
Quote from daveb948576 :this is beyond a joke now! haven't been able to play due to a 30day online ban through no fault of my own and no mods have been willing to resolve the issue!!
  • The bans you were getting are automatic, no-one is actively banning you.
  • It has been explained that the bans are due to the cheat protection, most likely something at your end is not right.
  • Forum mods cannot help you, they can only moderate the forum.
I suggest a reinstall using a freshly downloaded copy from www.lfs.net.

Also, your online history only shows drifting servers, which may or may not have various modifications installed. Could you try racing on a 'normal' server, such as Cargame.nl S2.
It could be that you are trying to 'race' on servers that either require a certain modification or a certain insim tool to be used. If it detects that you aren't, it bans you after a short grace time.

But this is a problem at your end with your computer/config/install. Short of inviting people over, there is little more we can do to help.
Bans
I would have thought using an Internet connection that is via a mobile phone tethered to you PC as a makeshift broadband substitute would give you large Latency variations and packet loss.

That may make you warp all over the track and cause the server to think you are causing crashes or driving the wrong way etc... depending on the server setup you will probably get auto banned or admins will remove you for causing problem which you don't see.

I have seen it often on the Redline servers that I am an admin on.
You see some drivers who are apparently driving under the track and with big warning saying wrong way.
Eventaully they either get removed for lag, or I remove them before they cause crashes. But I would at least tell them I was removing them for lag issues rather than just kick/ban.

The person with the lag problem is often unaware of what is happening as they are recieving the positional information of the other drivers from the server well enough for their client to make everything seem normal.
i've done a fresh install already, i have no mods, i drive in servers without mods, i have no mods installed, i do not drive the wrong way, i do not make other people crash, i have raced with a guy from sweden and he didnt mention any problems with my lagging or skipping across the track suddenly, feel free to make a server for me to join to see if i lag but i can't actually join because of the LFS 30 day ban!
Well let me know when your ban is lifted and then post here and arrange a time/date that I can be on a Redline Racing server with you.

I will see if I can see any problems.
I've unbanned you again, though I've purposefully let you wait 2 weeks, because bans "out of nowhere", that many, rarely happen. It's strange when people have no clue why they're banned and normally something's not right. But as it did not appear to be a software problem, then I can only conclude it was a behaviour problem. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but I cannot just unban everyone who says it's not their fault. I hope you do understand that.
ok right i still keep getting these bans and sorry to jack for not getting back to you about the meet, send me a private message to arrange one tonight after 9:30 will be ok,

victor, i can assure you it is not behaviour problem, i also saved a multi player replay of me drifting and then i get disconnected without me acting like a child or doing anything i shouldn't! i can send you the replay if it puts your mind at ease? i still get given a 2 week punishment though for a game i paid for???

i had uploaded the temp file for the reply but its not the right one! once i'm banned from a server i can't hit number 2 to save the replay!

the annoying thing is i have a hard day at home looking after my 2 year old son being a single parent so i chill out in the evening playing my favourite game and i get banned for weeks or a month through no fault of my own!

it's also not as if i'm new the game and keep crashing because i have no practice!

it's also not as if i have made a complaint about this happening once it's a constant thing so you would think the 1st 30 day ban would of given me enough punishment if i was even doing something that i shouldn't!

my guess is the phone tethering is causing it but i still have not heard of a way to test the internet connection or use some kind of logging on the pc to show data use/packet loss or even disconnections, any ideas on a bit of software that can log the data use in a graph?
Please upload your .mpr for us to look at
-
(GAVD999) DELETED by GAVD999
i did upload the temp.mpr as that's what i thought it was saved at but after the disconnection from the server 'my' mpr is not saved.
Enable autosave in options > game.
ok thanks i'll do that and then upload my replay.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG