The online racing simulator
email from lfs tech saying i may get banned, i'm confused, please help.
i use the multiplayer servers

i'm 28 years old

sensible

don't cause trouble and dont want any trouble.

i use my samsung galaxy tab to tether the internet

i kept getting knocked out of random servers for no reason just while driving along, i tried to reconnect but it said host refused connection.

i used a different server, after a day or so in the evening whilst driving along the same thing happens, i thought it may of been an issue with the tethering maybe some lag

a week later i get this email from lfstech

"Hello daveb948576,

It has come to our attention that you have been banned on LFS servers more than a few times lately.

We must warn you that if you keep being banned, we will issue you with a temporary ban of 30 days, from all LFS online activity.

Regards,

Live for Speed

***This is an automated email***

i've not caused any trouble or had any arguments, i stay out of peoples way if the blue flag comes by. any ides or help on this matter?

dave.
#2 - J@tko
Basically if you get banned x number of times within a month (I think it's 30) then you get blanket banned from all servers. As for why, I don't know

Maybe contact the server admins of some of the servers you've been banned from to work out why?

If it's genuinely a mistake (although being banned 30 times implies something is wrong) then you can probably apply to have it revoked if you do get a blanket ban.
it's a mix up of some kind as i'm not the sort to create any issues, it happened again just now, i was driving along then all of a sudden i'm no longer in the server and cant get back in, i mind my own business and don't get involved in anyone else business.

it's rather annoying that i cant get back in as i can't carry on what i was doing.

i'll pm scawen, thanks.
Do you have a modified lfs.exe (like the steering lock mod) installed?

If so then when you enter a standard server you will get automatically banned by lfs's cpw (cheat protection), you can only use modded lfs.exe if the server is set to allow mods.
i have no mods

it happened again and now this time when trying to display list of hosts it said 'username not found'

i'm not happy!
do you get any error message when it bans you?

i can also login to lfsworld
#8 - J@tko
Yeah you're getting CPW banned. If you're not aware of having any mods installed then try a fresh install.
Quote from J@tko :Yeah you're getting CPW banned. If you're not aware of having any mods installed then try a fresh install.

tried that but got the message 'username not found' i suppose once someone from admin unbans me again i can try the clean install and see how it goes.
I see the blanket ban has been applied now, which is the reason for the "username not found" message.
Please try a reinstall of Live for Speed (perhaps to a new location, rather than on top of your current LFS install), like J@tko proposed and then post here. I'll remove the ban when you do, so you can try again, with that fresh install of LFS.
Quote from Victor :I see the blanket ban has been applied now, which is the reason for the "username not found" message.
Please try a reinstall of Live for Speed (perhaps to a new location, rather than on top of your current LFS install), like J@tko proposed and then post here. I'll remove the ban when you do, so you can try again, with that fresh install of LFS.

i've extracted to a new location and am ready for you thanks guys
Ok, you can unlock again and go online once more. I hope it works.
i'll soon find out, thanks to all for your help
seems to be ok now but i can't get into the ones i've already been banned from, i'll give it some time and then try again.

thanks.
How many games would you get a personal reply to your problem from one of the developers?
Quote from daveb948576 :seems to be ok now but i can't get into the ones i've already been banned from, i'll give it some time and then try again.

The CPW bans last 12 hours (or 24? can't remember, sorry), so soon you'll be able to back into those servers again
Quote from Crashgate3 :How many games would you get a personal reply to your problem from one of the developers?

1 live for speed
Quote from daveb948576 :it's a mix up of some kind as i'm not the sort to create any issues, it happened again just now, i was driving along then all of a sudden i'm no longer in the server and cant get back in, i mind my own business and don't get involved in anyone else business.

it's rather annoying that i cant get back in as i can't carry on what i was doing.

i'll pm scawen, thanks.

odds are you have a modified lfs.exe or some serve admin thinks its funny to ban/unban u rapidly.
ok it's just happened again, no warning, nothing out of the ordinary just driving along and then i get in red, 'lost connection to host' try and rejoin with a message 'host refused connection'

i'm wondering if my isp is putting an i.p. ban on due to tethering?
Are you getting the CPW message like before?
if replacing modified EXE didnt fix it & you have no vob mods, try reinstall LFS?
Quote from J@tko :Are you getting the CPW message like before?

no just the 'lost connection to host'

Quote from Bmxtwins :if replacing modified EXE didnt fix it & you have no vob mods, try reinstall LFS?

i've re-installed lfs yesterday!
Quote from daveb948576 :no just the 'lost connection to host'

So just to confirm, the Dave: CPW messages does NOT come up above "Lost connection to host"?

Dave, it could be a program disrupting packets going to server and then server thinks you are cheating. (Hypotetically)

Victor, correct me if I am wrong.
the cpw had came up yesterday but the only time i've been kicked out today i got 'lost connection to host'

fresh install, no mods, just a change of setup and thats it.

wrong packets??

hold on a minute, whats been going on recently with these cpw cheat protection updates?? i've not played for a while and have been using for some time the ps3 controller with the joy to key program and the ds3 tool so the ps3 controller can be run to use the keyboard settings if i assign the keys, would this have anything to do with it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG