The online racing simulator
Can someone help me?(Banned for no reason)
Hello..

today, my mate was testing LFS while i was watching.. He drove peace full, dident crash into anybody or anything..

Then some dude puts up a ban vote, and ofcourse, everybody pressed 1(BAH!)

And now i was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to go into the server, and try to get my the admins MSN.. I know its just 12hours, but i so really want to play on it, becuse i cant find anyone simlar.. Hehe..

the server is CityLife Cops&Robbers

My LFS name if SteffenM2..

And if you find it, please post it here or, add me on Msn [email protected]

Thanks so much!
Quote from SteffenM2 :Hello..

today, my mate was testing LFS while i was watching.. He drove peace full, dident crash into anybody or anything..

And now i was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to go into the server, and try to get my the admins MSN.. I know its just 12hours, but i so really want to play on it, becuse i cant find anyone simlar.. Hehe..

Thanks so much!

OMG!!!

The exact same thing has happened to me and I have emailed the server owner - i will edit this post in a second with his name for you to email him, although he is on holiday at the moment so don't expect an immediate reply

Edit: His name is Sternendaal, email him!
well i dont know the owners and i will not go there because of 1 reason:

i was there, i know there are rulez and i bet you guys did not followed them and thats why you got disconnected.

In case you get back there, read the welcome message carefully and then think again if you want to race/drive there or not.

And a lost point, cops&robbers in my eyes is not the right "game" to start with in LFS.

Btw: i had fun there even if there where no cops but some nice drivers that offered nice fights here and there

greetings

Edit: could have been also bad luck. No admin there and some smart guys that play their own games. Happens and a well known problem on the demo servers when i remind myself correctly.
maybee wrong behavior... since cops & robbers have different rules... (just a guess)

anyways, i was banned for saying hello, (you know, netiquette, greet the room start driving afterwards...) connecting to a 7 slot machine with 3 people on it, greets "away", me too in 3 seconds... O.o wtf?
no reply no excuse, no explaination.

regards
Quote from SteffenM2 :Hello..

Thanks so much!

I am a admin on that server, however was not online at the time of the incident you mentioned.
I have told you in the server today allready, that Its only 12 hours. Many people have been banned from various servers without a good reason. And normally they cant do anything about it.
12 hours is not a long time. Why complain about something many many people have complained about many times before and you cannot be helped. Send me a replay of this incident and if neccerey I may take action against the person who started the vote ban
But i sat and watch him, and all he did, was try and outrun the police? Is that
illegal? I saw like 7 other do the same all the time!

It was my first time trying this out, like cops&robbers, and it was so much fun.. Thats why i want in again, becuse i really loved it I know i can join again tomorrow.. but thats tomorrow!! Hehe..

You who was admin, can you please add me on msn? [email protected]

And btw, there was some guy who voted me out.. Am sure becuse he was trying to outrun the police all the time.. but for christ sake.. He drove a uf1!! And dident crash into anyone, exept the walls a few time? and i dont think the walls can be so mad that the ban me?

And sorry, i dont got the replay.. Kinda hard to save that when am out from the server..

Unfair
Woho Sorted out now

thanks for good help! hehe..
You are most welcome :P

The new age of admins is among us !!!

*rises up heroticallY*
#9 - ajp71
Quote from micha1980de :
anyways, i was banned for saying hello, (you know, netiquette, greet the room start driving afterwards...) connecting to a 7 slot machine with 3 people on it, greets "away", me too in 3 seconds... O.o wtf?
no reply no excuse, no explaination.

I got kicked for not saying hello once.
Yet another 'ive been banned thread' that has nothing to do with LFS General Discussion. You need to find the server owners forums and contact them there.

Sorry, but I just get annoyed with so many of these threads and I thought there was a sticky on this subject anyway!

At least you got it sorted........

There is here. Check the beginners section
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5724
lol

no worries guys, they were doing a video and you didnt spectate.. LIKE ASKED

but watch out for some other cops and robbers, the owner of the server is a freak and if you get run down by him playing cops and robbers.. after your 3rd catch he.. will ban you because hes a prick that wont listen to anyone, and seems to think its "funny" that you get banned when trying to have fun
hah the city/cops and robbers servers are the only ones i have ever been banned from. They have cops but they all cry when you break the speed limit and dont give chase. I fail to see the fun in driving in circles at 50/90kph
Speed limits? Rules? I would've thought the whole idea was to drive as fast as you can to escape the cops Cops and Robbers has changed a little bit since I was 10
Though I do remember kids from school who'd punish you for breaking their "rules" and kick you out of "their" game. They usually ended up playing by themselves after a while, oddly enough. But at least they got to win all the time
Quote from ajp71 :I got kicked for not saying hello once.

w00t ?!?

now that's freaked out...!
Apes are dangerous.
Quote from XCNuse :lol

no worries guys, they were doing a video and you didnt spectate.. LIKE ASKED

but watch out for some other cops and robbers, the owner of the server is a freak and if you get run down by him playing cops and robbers.. after your 3rd catch he.. will ban you because hes a prick that wont listen to anyone, and seems to think its "funny" that you get banned when trying to have fun

Hey XC did you turn 18 the other day? If so we wanna here what ya got for ya birthday!
nothin lol

twas a boring day thats for sure
Quote :today, my mate was testing LFS while i was watching..

I have to say, if ever there was a phrase that judges look for, it's this one. I dont know what happened and wasn't there, and i'm not interested in knowing, but you might want to avoid the teenager stock quotes as we aren't your parents .
'But I never touched it!!'
#20 - Nobo
How did Scawen wrote yesterday in another thread. This is another banned for no reason thread! Its between the banned people and the server owner and no general discussion :P
i dont know why they called it cops n robbers, the concept of it is citylife..
I didn't ran into much trouble there yet (of the 2 times I actually got in, when it wasn't full :shrug. But the problem with that server is, the concept is nice and fun, but doing it is another matter... The server is dominated by a bunch of drifters, mostly, and having a pursuit is very nice... But when you hit a barier a little too hard you're off flying and your chances are over...
I will close thread.

Is a "I was banned for no reason" thread going to be a daily thing now? I hope not. This is the "General LFS discussion". Thousands of LFS users aren't really very interested to hear about one person getting banned from one host.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG