The online racing simulator
Modified 0.6B .exe file? (multimod server)
Hello folks!
I am thinking about installing a multimod server from my dedibox and i have some questions about what i need to fix to make this work completely.
I have heard something about i need to get hold on a modded .exe file that allows file changes and upload and use it on the dedi. Maybe someone want to switch some knowledge about this topic.

Cheers.
Modded EXE discussion is not allowed.

You can however, use your normal LFS client to run the server with tweak in the background. As long as the client-server, known as a listen sever, has the same tweak settings as it's clients you should be good to go. This has the upsides of being legal from a rules standpoint, and much safer as you don't have to rely on a modified EXE that might steal your license info.
My face when "steal license info" from a dedicated server which requires no unlock:
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Dygear :Modded EXE discussion is not allowed.
Quote from Rhama :discussion not allowed ?
how can one forbid discussion ? where did u read that ?
how can you just even write that when the /modified flag explicitely allows modded servers to be listed on the master server ? (even not talking on freedom of speech)

Well technically modded EXE discussion isn't allowed, for example speed hacks e.t.c. which I assume are modifying the .exe? But there's no rule against talking about tweak
Quote from J@tko :for example speed hacks e.t.c. which I assume are modifying the .exe?

Nope. They aren't.
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Rhama :plz show me the rule where discussion is forbidden. i have been hopelessly looking for clear,precises, and consistent rules about modding, tweaks, and taboos.

But this is LFS forum, where people are getting banned for posting pics with VOB mods, even when there's nothing said about it in forum rules.
Quote from E.Reiljans :But this is LFS forum, where people are getting banned for posting pics with VOB mods, even when there's nothing said about it in forum rules.

A-ha?

www.lfsforum.net/privacy.htm

5) I shall not post screenshots of so
called vob-mods; modifications to
the shape of any car in LFS.
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : 30 mins too late...
Well as far as i know, any mods to the exe in generall, is not allowed, so there is no question to be answered.

PS. and tweak is not a taboo
Quote from Rhama :plz show me the rule where discussion is forbidden. i have been hopelessly looking for clear,precises, and consistent rules about modding, tweaks, and taboos.

4) Any "mods" - modifications to the Live for Speed exe, must be discussed with a moderator before being released on the forum. If a mod is approved by a moderator, it may then be released in the appropriate section of the forum. Please do not contact a developer as we do not support mods and do not have the time to deal with them. Any mods which change the shape of a car model, or which allow online cheating or circumvent HLVC, will be rejected.

This extends to talking about it.
Quote from Flame CZE :A-ha?

www.lfsforum.net/privacy.htm

5) I shall not post screenshots of so
called vob-mods; modifications to
the shape of any car in LFS.

Ah well, glad to see it's fixed now.
But when first bans were issued for VOB mods, this rule wasn't there yet.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly-
I'm just throwing this here as well; was on a topic asking about vob modifications.

Quote from Bob Smith :The current stance is, we are not tolerating discussion of content editing either. Why? It's using the official, developer funded forum to support more additional content for free that would otherwise be the devs source of income, so it's breaking their business model.

This can of course change, but only if the devs tell us. I see this as an eventuality, as we'll either get tools to do the job ourselves, or the LFS project will have gone so long without new content it will be considered dead.

Quote from Rhama :am curious how u can draw such a assertion from the quoted rule, lol

Because we're not allowed to talk about VOB mods either, despite there being no "official" rule against it.
Quote from Rhama :jazz, if any mod to exe is not allowed, then why is there that /modified option which allows them to connect to multiplayer

This is for tweak, I guess, since you can run a tweak/slickmod server which edits the memory but not the exe.

It's probably not amusing for the developers to see, but it was tolerated
Hi, my name is Rhama. I'm a complete cvnt.
Dude, the developers don't want their game/software ripped apart... and therefore any discussion is pointless because proper modding isn't going to happen (at least as long it's stil in developement)
Is that so hard to understand?

You know, everybody wants 20 freaking BMW's smashing around a rally track that lets the real "green hell" look like kindergarten, but it's not going to happen because the developer don't want to (yet). It's as simple as that.
Quote from JazzOn :This is for tweak, I guess, since you can run a tweak/slickmod server which edits the memory but not the exe.

It's probably not amusing for the developers to see, but it was tolerated

Stop talking if you don't have a clue what you're on about. How do you think we ran a 600bhp GTR dedi server in MoE without tweak? :rolleyes: Available here if you want to try it (0.5Z28 though).
#19 - kdo
oh my god, that take my only 12 seconds for found it... i pm you acetheman
Quote from boothy :Stop talking if you don't have a clue what you're on about. How do you think we ran a 600bhp GTR dedi server in MoE without tweak? :rolleyes: Available here if you want to try it (0.5Z28 though).

I was in believe modding the exe is not allowed. I have been proven to be wrong
You can discuss but cannot post or share them online.

Now shut your faces.
Quote from kdo :oh my god, that take my only 12 seconds for found it... i pm you acetheman

Thanks matey but there is a problem. PM sent to you aswell...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG